Resident Evil 4 Remake - Information Thread, update: 6.48 million units sold (fastest-selling game in series history)

11 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

They should totally remake Code Veronica and include a DMC1 remake demo with it because that's the reason people purchased the original.

Code: Veronica originally came out for Dreamcast, it was easily one of my favorite Dreamcast games at the time. It’s still one of my favorite Resident Evil games, probably my favorite of the early tank control games.

43 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Code: Veronica originally came out for Dreamcast, it was easily one of my favorite Dreamcast games at the time. It’s still one of my favorite Resident Evil games, probably my favorite of the early tank control games.

Sure, but you probably just pirated it on DC.

:troll:

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’d really like a remake of CV or REmake or 0. 

While it kind of seems funny to want a remake of Resident Evil Remake, I just played it somewhat recently and it’s due for an RE2, 3 and 4 style remake. It’s been 20 years, after all.

• Like 1
  • True 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Resident Evil 4 Remake (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) announced for 24 March 2023 release, update: PS4 version announced (no Xbox One)
18 minutes ago, stepee said:

@Phaseknox there’s more life left!

I didn’t expect this at all, but I guess that I shouldn’t be too surprised since Japanese companies still seem to want to support the PS4. This pleases me because as you know I don’t plan on getting a PS5 for quite some time, so it’s nice that I won’t have to miss out on some newer games that I’m interested in until then.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

• 1 month later...

Sad the merchant isn't the same VA but I have no issues with the new VAs for the other characters. It would be silly to expect them. I was just prayin' the merchant would make back in full. Super glad Leon had one liners. The guy playing was fuckin' dogshit tho holy shit. All those QTEs make the shit look bad. I am not a fan of crafting. Literally just put the ammo there. It is just time waster content. 

7 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

That gameplay looked dope as hell to me. 

Agreed! 

Also please nobody spoil the original because I have no idea what happens in it and would like this to be totally fresh! Besides the first village shootout, I’ve gotten up to there on a few systems.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Agreed! 

Also please nobody spoil the original because I have no idea what happens in it and would like this to be totally fresh! Besides the first village shootout, I’ve gotten up to there on a few systems.

The original is a masterpiece and I expect the remake to be similar to RE2/RE3 where I feel its best to play both. 

This reminds me I need to get back to Leon B for RE2 ps1.

Also remember @stepee the RE4 HD mod. It's glorious. 

Ughhh between having to defend RE Resistance from RE sp snobs and the RE4 videos might be time for another RE4 playthrough with the HD mod.

1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

The original is a masterpiece and I expect the remake to be similar to RE2/RE3 where I feel its best to play both. 

Ughhh between having to defend RE Resistance from RE sp snobs and the RE4 videos might be time for another RE4 playthrough with the HD mod.

Well I figure since I waited this long to give it a serious go I might as well wait a little more for this to be fresh. I have it in Quest 2 also and what I played was awesome, but then this got announced and so I’m waiting to play that first now!

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Agreed! 

There was an incredible thread back on the IGN GCCB back in the day. When Ashley is standing above Leon and wearing a skirt, if you try to look up it, she covers herself up and says "you pervert," but you can see her underwear briefly. Someone posted about how on certain days throughout the month you could tell she had her period.

Aaah IGN.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

There was an incredible thread back on the IGN GCCB back in the day. When Ashley is standing above Leon and wearing a skirt, if you try to look up it, she covers herself up and says "you pervert," but you can see her underwear briefly. Someone posted about how on certain days throughout the month you could tell she had her period.

Aaah IGN.

lol oh man yes that sounds like the GCCB - I don’t remember you there; that was my main board, did you use a different name? I thought I only remembered @cusideabelincolnfrom there and maybe @Ghost_MH but I might be remembering that wrong. 

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol oh man yes that sounds like the GCCB - I don’t remember you there; that was my main board, did you use a different name? I thought I only remembered @cusideabelincolnfrom there and maybe @Ghost_MH but I might be remembering that wrong. 

Oh I meant the general board, not the community board. I lurked the community board and maybe posted there a few times.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

Nope, you got it right. The only community boards I frequented was the Gamecube one followed by the Anime and DVD community boards. I rarely ever posted on the actual general boards. I left the general board stuff to DVD, Anime, and Current Events. The latter of which is how I wound up here.

• Halal 2

On 6/4/2022 at 9:28 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I wouldn’t have said this was needed, but I’ll definitely be buying day one. Looks good. I played the original 3 times, I think? Maybe 3.5, since I played part of it on Wii. 

I’d really like a remake of CV or REmake or 0. 

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

I always push back on the masterpiece thing. It’s got some fairly serious warts imo even for it’s time. But it’s an awesome game and I have really high hopes for the remake. So far nothing I’ve seen has changed my optimism. 

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Nope, you got it right. The only community boards I frequented was the Gamecube one followed by the Anime and DVD community boards. I rarely ever posted on the actual general boards. I left the general board stuff to DVD, Anime, and Current Events. The latter of which is how I wound up here.

Yeah, same. I frequented the DVD and Anime boards, but for the Anime board I frequented both the general board and the community board, whereas with the IGNDVD board I mainly just frequented the general board and didn't go to the IGNDVD community board that much.

54 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

The two remakes that could most use it (and the two I most want) are Code: Veronica and RE0. With RE4 done I don't see why one of those two wouldn't be next. Remaking RE5 or RE6 seems silly since they are relatively new by comparison. The RE1 remake is from 2002, so I feel like a new remake in the spirit of RE2/3/4 would also be welcome.

• Halal 1

Okay that looks really fucking good. I'm still weary of Capcom taking those cutting sheers to like half of this game but what they're showing here looks exactly how I would've wanted it to look. Glad to be eating crow on this one, I love this game. 

"Bill me for the damage later", chainsaw parrying with a 4" knife blade, roundhouse kicks...thanks god the silliness is all in. 

Also if anyone noticed, they added what is basically The Evil Within's, or I guess The Last of Us', crouch and stealth kill. A great addition in my book, TEW was in many ways an evolution of RE4's combat to me and it worked great there. Apparently enemies now also fully coordinate their mob attacks with visual hand signals and flanking tactics etc.

Happy Pumped Up GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

• Halal 1

Ok that looked really good.

It's also a weird thing but the village sequence is probably the most "gamey" action that RE has had since they started doing these remakes. RE7, RE2&3 and Village were all pretty slow. To see Leon jumping through windows and round housing and blocking chainsaws with his pistol, all with these realistic graphics is going to be a weird dichotomy. Plus it's safe to say that the opening sequence is probably the least ridiculous RE4 gets. 

That said, bring it on.