Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Information Thread, update: Stig Asmussen (director of Fallen Order/Survivor) is departing EA/Respawn

I’m at the point that I’ve discovered what I assume this the main antagonist. 

I really do think the game would be better if the second planet was less open world. I’ve gone down a bunch of dead ends exploring, that wasted a bunch of time. 

The puzzles on the other hand are a lot of fun. Not overly complicated, in that I could figure them out but not completely obvious either. 

• Halal 2

56 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I really do think the game would be better if the second planet was less open world. I’ve gone down a bunch of dead ends exploring, that wasted a bunch of time. 

The puzzles on the other hand are a lot of fun. Not overly complicated, in that I could figure them out but not completely obvious either. 

You can turn on a map marker to show you where to go for the current quest. 

Jedi-PS5-Site.jpg?width=1200&height=600&
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Here's our quick look at the PS5 version of Star Wars Jedi Survivor - which is the best mode and how does the RT hold up on the current-gen Sony machine?

As you might expect, the 60fps performance mode uses a lower range of internal resolutions, with menus suggesting a 1440p target (in comparison to a 4K target for resolution mode), but actual pixel counts revealing numbers between 648p and 864p upscaled with FSR 2 to 1440p. It's rare to see sub-720p internal resolutions on PS5 as we do here, but cutscenes do at least switch to a 30fps cap and therefore run at higher resolutions.

So PS5 runs with a stunning core visual feature-set, but the cost to image quality is significant. In terms of performance, the 30fps mode offers more consistent performance albeit with some minor issues in the opening section of the game - occasional bouts of screen-tearing at the top third of the display, frame-rates as low as 20fps in some cutscenes and some hitches when transitioning from scripted cutscenes and gameplay.

Later areas, such as Koboh, fare worse in areas with bodies of water; here we spotted frame-rates in the teens and 20s. Overall then, the 30fps mode makes a good amount of sense, especially given its advantage in image clarity, but its performance profile could certainly do with some tweaks to solve the worst drops.

• Haha 1

I’m playing on the PS5 and I guess I should feel fortunate that I average 30fps. Seems like the first day or so was better in terms of performance. But last night and today FPS is all over the place. Getting a lot of pop in too. But performance issues aside, I’m still having a lot of fun with it. I think it may be my favorite Star Wars game to date. 

13 minutes ago, nublood said:

I’m playing on the PS5 and I guess I should feel fortunate that I average 30fps. Seems like the first day or so was better in terms of performance. But last night and today FPS is all over the place. Getting a lot of pop in too. But performance issues aside, I’m still having a lot of fun with it. I think it may be my favorite Star Wars game to date. 

this morning I averaged 71, and this afternoon after installing a window in my house, so a few hours max, I barely got 30. It's weird. 

Joking aside, I really hope Respawn gets this game cleaned up in the next week or so. Thing is, it usually takes me 2 to 3 weeks to beat games of this size because of my schedule. And by that time they’ll probably have it running a lot smoother, right when I’m finishing it :doh: 

Guess I’ll need to prepare for a second playthrough some day for the “optimal” experience. 

11 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

There is a 2GB patch this morning.

7 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Don’t know. EA doesn’t seem to make patch announcements or release patch notes. I know about PC, because I downloaded it this morning. 

I did not see a patch this morning. Steam shows the last update I downloaded was the morning of April 28. I also am not seeing any other mentioned of a patch today in Google. ☹️

It seems like Steam has upgraded their servers with all these busted games needing gigs and gigs of patches. Pretty sure this is as fast as I've seen a Steam download go, at least I can update these broken piles of shit that much faster.
spacer.png

7 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I feel the same about the 2nd world. it was too much right away and kinda slowed the pacing down. I decided to just stick to the main quest and it def helped. 

just got to the 4th world and the pacing has been really good now.  

7 minutes ago, atom631 said:

speaking of the 2nd world

Reveal hidden contents

Yep. Though it wasn’t as big a pain in the ass as 

one of them frog bosses from the first game

made an appearance on the second planet too. 

18 minutes ago, atom631 said:

speaking of the 2nd world

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I killed him pretty easy, actually, but you need to definitely take your time and stay out of his grasp. He’s pretty slow.

10 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Yeah, I killed him pretty easy, actually, but you need to definitely take your time and stay out of his grasp. He’s pretty slow.

Block, chip away, get out of reach, repeat. It wasn't that bad. But it will definitely kill you in one attack if you're careless 

• Halal 1

24 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

This game runs like ass on XboxseX. Even on performance mode. Dropped frames. Stutter. Inconsistent rate. Smdh

It runs better on graphics/resolution mode on the PS5. Have you tried it on Xbox Series X?

44 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

33 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Block, chip away, get out of reach, repeat. It wasn't that bad. But it will definitely kill you in one attack if you're careless 

Just killed that fucker. Took me about 30 minutes and changing my stance back to the single blade light saber. 

I found a couple more bugs. One can be avoided easily enough. The other is pain. 

the first is I found an area that when I fell to my death it just kept respawning me falling to my death. I had to close to the game. 

the other is if I customize the control scheme and map evade/drop to a different button it for some reasons unbinds my ability to lower myself from a ledge. I literally have to walk of the ledge or jump off and try to turn around and grab the climbable surface. 

CyberJedi 2077.

had one crash tonight. Rested at a meditation site, and the screen went back. Went black. Went back in and everything was fine. Got to the next site and shut it down for the night.

also had a weird bug. Went up an elevator in a tower, screen flashed when I was about halfway up. I was back at the bottom and the elevator wouldn’t work. Had to reset, but I was right there so I didn’t lose any progress.

It's like at least one game each year this new decade releases with a bunch of issues. 

2020 had Cyberpunk 2077

2021 had Battlefield 2042

2022 had Pokémon Scarlet/Violet

And now it seems for 2023 we have Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

I lost my save. Lost a few hours so this game is bugged. Fuckin sucks. 

Now I had a complete shutdown. Gave me a strange long confusing message then turned off. Phenomenal game riddled by huge technical issues.

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'll probably wait for this to hit game pass like the original game, by that time the bugs should be ironed out.

The bugs don't ruin the great experience though. Its absolutely worth buying now. It's minor stuff.

• Halal 1