Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Information Thread, update: Stig Asmussen (director of Fallen Order/Survivor) is departing EA/Respawn

58 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Okay, some speculation about a character here. I have not peeked ahead and looked at spoilers, so this is based solely on what has come up in game.

Don't read unless you don't care about spoilers or you're far enough in the game to be able to grapple onto the floating balloons and shit sprinkled around the maps. The last time I did this, I correctly guessed that Arthur was sick in Red Dead 2 after having blood coughed up on him, so maybe I'll go 2 for 2. :p 

Hide contents

Double bagging for your protection. Don't do this with condoms, it doesn't work.

Hide contents

Bode is... bad right? He's going to backstab Cal? He just seems too "perfect" to fit in with the crew and his daughter seems like either a red herring or a justification to be able to find the way to Talanorr and keep it all to himself. I don't think he's working with the Raiders or Dagan or anything, but I dunno? Or maybe he is, Dagan did give an order to someone that was masked up while talking to Rayvis, so maybe that was Bode double dealing?

I dunno I just feel like the game really wants me to trust this guy which makes me sus. :p

Also a 3.3GB patch just became available, woo.

I totally agree, and I 

Spoiler

Thought the turn was coming when he intervened in the fight with Dagan, but it didn't happen. But I definitely think you are correct. 

8 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Because we buy it. Reviewers don't even seem to give a fuck either. Start reviewing games 0/10 when they are broken. 

It was kinda shitty of reviewers to take EA at their word that "we have a big day one patch that'll fix everything!"

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Based on my 5-6 hours of gameplay, Jedi Survivor isn't busted.

When people are losing saves, and high end pc's are struggling to run it, I don't know what else I would call it. 

Jesus, @Mr.Vic20 mentioned he was crashing constantly at one point, and god built his PC for him. 

14 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It was kinda shitty of reviewers to take EA at their word that "we have a big day one patch that'll fix everything!"

lol, and after Cyberpunk they were all, "We'll never take devs at their word again". 

Reason 8597 that games "journalists" are a joke.  

• True 1

12 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

When people are losing saves, and high end pc's are struggling to run it, I don't know what else I would call it. 

Jesus, @Mr.Vic20 mentioned he was crashing constantly at one point, and god built his PC for him. 

Maybe it will become busted for me, but so far it hasn't been.  I'm getting mostly 60-70fps on Epic settings w/ RT at ultrawide 1440p.  Does it live up to my expectations? No.  Is it 100% playable and a good experience?  Yes.

I can only talk about my own personal experience.

3 hours ago, Ominous said:

Because we buy it. Reviewers don't even seem to give a fuck either. Start reviewing games 0/10 when they are broken. 

To continue the Starship Troopers meme

Doing My Part GIF by MOODMAN

(That is, I haven't bought it :p )

• Halal 1

It’s so sad this has the broken game stink on it, because damn it’s a great game with great characters and story. I’m getting to what has to be the end, and it’s just incredible beat after incredible beat. I can’t wait until a bunch of us has beat it so we can talk about what is actually going on. 

I feel like just a little extra hiring in certain key areas around optimization, more of the employee tier that works on this after release, but have them work on it before release specifically concentrated on delivering an optimized product, like that is the departments goal, would be helpful for some of these companies to avoid the bad press. Maybe pay Andrew 17 million instead of 19 million next year to pay for it.

This game is long.

Not in a bad way, I just know I have a couple of missions left, and im 20 hours in. Not very many different worlds, but lots of different environments.

Theres one place I just went through that was incredible. It felt very Star Trek.