Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Information Thread, update: Stig Asmussen (director of Fallen Order/Survivor) is departing EA/Respawn

17 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

but the inverse isn’t true.

Arguably it is, actually. If it's performing as expecting on top-end, then it should perform as expected on mid-end. Anyway, I never stated that they should be reviewing on top-end; I said I expect better than 5+ year old GPU that was the entry level gaming card those 5+ years ago - if it were like a 3070, 6800 XT, or even a 3060 Ti I wouldn't have bothered mentioning it. Having an RTX 2060 (not even a 2060 Super) in 2023 is like "how are you a PC game reviewer?".

16 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I know performance hinders gameplay but.. Any game impressions yet? 

The game is great! They've taken FO's mobility/Combat/Force options and built upon them very effecticvely to make Cal stronger than FO Cal but still in balance with his environmental challanges. Once they iron out these perf issues, it should be a really fantastic SW game! 

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

The game is great! They've taken FO's mobility/Combat/Force options and built upon them very effecticvely to make Cal stronger than FO Cal but still in balance with his environmental challanges. Once they iron out these perf issues, it should be a really fantastic SW game! 

Appreciate that. I'm gonna have to YouTube a story synopsis on the first one to remember what's what

5 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Appreciate that. I'm gonna have to YouTube a story synopsis on the first one to remember what's what

They have an intro movie that covers the major beats from the first game and gets you right into the action of the 2nd. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

I’m only gonna play a little bit this weekend because I’m finishing off Dead Island 2 but got a three day weekend next week to reallt dive in. About how long is the opening to the point where you are roaming around the first world? I’d like to just play up to there. 

3 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Can we get some samples from AMD and Intel CPUs here? Every "this is the worst performance I've ever seen in a video game" thread has seemingly come from AMD CPU owners. I'm on a 13900k and while, like I said, there's definitely the occasional stutter (like the first game) it's nowhere near, not even in the same UNIVERSE as the problems I'm seeing being reported.

DAXLy6I.jpg

I keep waiting for the performance ball to drop but I think it might just be CPU starved and if your CPU can meet its crazy demands performance is mostly fine, and by fine I mean I got like 70-80 in the first world and am getting 100-120 in the second.

Obviously it's still a massive shitshow because uhh, no one should need a fuckin' 13900k to run this, but whatever the issue is I think it might be fixable? Usually you know performance is well and truly fucked when absolutely no one can run a game well. If they can figure out what's causing the absolutely insane CPU thrashing and maybe get VRAM under control, which I have no idea how hard or time consuming either is, I think they can definitely get it playable on far more machines.

Doesn't seem to be AMD related at all, the numbers you're talking about are basically identical to the ones on the 7800x3d people are seeing, which is considered to be the best gaming CPU out there.  I've even seen 7900xtx numbers edging out the 4090 in this game which is just stupid.

4 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Doesn't seem to be AMD related at all, the numbers you're talking about are basically identical to the ones on the 7800x3d people are seeing, which is considered to be the best gaming CPU out there.  I've even seen 7900xtx numbers edging out the 4090 in this game which is just stupid.

So wait, all the complaints I've seen have been that the game can't even run at 60 at the lowest settings and resolution but now they're hitting 70-80 FPS for the most demanding area and 120 for the second, with max settings? I feel like I've missed part of the conversation.

4 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

This is what makes it hard for me to not get a little conspiratorial with AMD sponsorship and how it just so happens that a lot of those are super poorly optimized on the cpu side making AMD gpus fare better against nvidia since the gpu is bottlenecked.

9 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

So wait, all the complaints I've seen have been that the game can't even run at 60 at the lowest settings and resolution but now they're hitting 70-80 FPS for the most demanding area and 120 for the second, with max settings? I feel like I've missed part of the conversation.

Well they definitely weren't using a 7800x3d if they couldn't run the game at 60 on low, but considering the absolute best CPU/GPU combos are having a rough go at it its pretty easy to see taking a step down or 2 could be brutal, especially NVIDIA users with lower VRAM amounts.

It’s possible that the people reporting under 60 didn’t have their cpu bios/chipset/gamebar updated, you need to actually do that with x3D series, my cpu went up like 30% from how they shipped this build to me after I got it set correctly.

Something very weird is going on in my game: started the first area with 60-70fps, then the more I played the lower both my cpu and gpu utilization went until I was down to 25fps after about an hour or so. Wtf? I checked my temps and cpu was oddly low at 50c and gpu was hanging around 62c before I exited, both cpu and gpu utilization were sub-40%

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Fu0Mx42aEAEhdug.jpg

Damn this statement is trasssssssh trying to blame players and acting like that bad performance doesn’t run all the way down to not only mid-low end pc but console as well which apparently plays horrible in performance mode 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s especially a lame apology considering we knew already there would be weeks of patches planned because they knowingly launched it like this.

We all know they had to get this out a good 2 weeks before Zelda. Damned if they did and damned if they didn't 

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

Damn this statement is trasssssssh trying to blame players and acting like that bad performance doesn’t run all the way down to not only mid-low end pc but console as well which apparently plays horrible in performance mode 

"Chipsets designed for Windows 11 being used on Windows 10" wtf :lol:

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Something very weird is going on in my game: started the first area with 60-70fps, then the more I played the lower both my cpu and gpu utilization went until I was down to 25fps after about an hour or so. Wtf? I checked my temps and cpu was oddly low at 50c and gpu was hanging around 62c before I exited, both cpu and gpu utilization were sub-40%

So, I shut down the game, restarted my PC, reloaded to the same area where I was getting 25fps before rebooting, now my GPU utilization is at 55% and my fps is 55, the more I play the higher my GPU utilization has been going until it's at like 80% and my fps eventually went up to 70s on the first area, I'm in the second area now and getting 80-90. 

On 4/27/2023 at 9:00 AM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Basically ,3070Ti. My plan was to set the resolution at 1440p and turn everything up as much as I could get away with and stay above 60fps consistently with no screen tearing.  

well this didn’t age well. At high settings the game seems to struggle to get up to 50fps, staying closer to 40. Cutscenes after the intro area were slamming down to single digit frame rate. 

I save and made lunch. Started the game back up and it had to compile again, and then crashed on the menu. Then it needed to compile again, tried to continue my game and it crashed again. I launched it through Nvidia Experience and that worked after complaining again. And NOW I’m getting a 60fps at Epic settings.

also, I didn’t get any achievements until I tried started the game back up. So there’s that too.  

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Just play it on a damn console. I swear you Master Racer’s are so stubborn. 

ya but the console version only runs at 30fps well, the 60fps mode there is all over the place too, everyone is in the same boat here, with consoles still on the bottom, it’s just the level of ridiculousness of poor cpu optimization climbs up the higher spec you go as well

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

2 hours ago, stepee said:

I’m only gonna play a little bit this weekend because I’m finishing off Dead Island 2 but got a three day weekend next week to reallt dive in. About how long is the opening to the point where you are roaming around the first world? I’d like to just play up to there. 

About 2ish hours to get off tutorial planet. That's where I stopped before I went to bed and will pick up when I get off work. Just landed on the first main world. 

Also, while I'm loving the game so far and like that they didn't give some dumb reason to take all your powers from the previous game like most sequels do, I already have decision paralysis. There's literally already like ten skill trees available and I can't figure out what my stance loadout should be. 

• Thanks 1

Some positive news though: Playing a bit on lunch and it does look fantastic and the opening is on point and movement still feels so good. 

Also looks like I’ll be okay here. The game did dip below 60fps for me like in that video in that same area…but luckily I actually had 8 more cores parked I was able to bring up and now the biggest drops are still above 60. Mostly 80s. This is with RT on (which I did have to turn off and on also to get to actually be on, make sure to do that if you are not..or don’t and keep the performance)

Thats why besides getting it earlier I went 7950x3d even though everyone besides spork said it was a waste. I’m keeping it as a 7800x3D for most things but certain games like Calisto Protocol and this seem to like those extra cores. Probably why y’all with a 13900k are doing better than the 7800x3d as well.