Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Information Thread, update: Stig Asmussen (director of Fallen Order/Survivor) is departing EA/Respawn

13 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Lol regardless what I put it on, medium, high, ultra, I get the same FPS. 3080ti Mobile and 13900, 32gb ram.

47fps average. Less in combat.

I was getting that until just now. I used the Nvidia experience launcher instead of the desktop shortcut or steam. Now I’m getting 60 with some dips to the mid 50s

Ive got a 3070ti with a 13700kf, 32GB of ram. 2731x1440 resolution, everything set to epic, wider FOV, v sync on, Ray tracing on, and AMD FSR disabled for obvious reasons. 

9 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I was getting that until just now. I used the Nvidia experience launcher instead of the desktop shortcut or steam. Now I’m getting 60 with some dips to the mid 50s

Ive got a 3070ti with a 13700kf, 32GB of ram. 2731x1440 resolution, everything set to epic, wider FOV, v sync on, Ray tracing on, and AMD FSR disabled for obvious reasons. 

Did you check if it’s still the same performance if you uncheck RT and check it back on? It seems to not load RT on launch at least not for me and some others, that would explain the difference.

Here’s the thing, the game isn’t running bad. No crashes, no crazy dips during gameplay, im averaging 45 but just updated my drivers, and will try launching it through the nvidia launcher next time I play. 

the problem is, I just don’t like mid 40’s fps, and that’s why I bought a PC.

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

EA didn't send Digital Foundry a pre-release code for ANY platform :lol:

Per a post from one of the DF guys on ResetERA:

Hopefully they can fix it up in a similar manner (it runs shockingly well now)!

1 hour ago, stepee said:

ya but the console version only runs at 30fps well, the 60fps mode there is all over the place too, everyone is in the same boat here, with consoles still on the bottom, it’s just the level of ridiculousness of poor cpu optimization climbs up the higher spec you go as well

Wait, wait, pause hold on… consoles use Win10???? :shock:

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Did you check if it’s still the same performance if you uncheck RT and check it back on? It seems to not load RT on launch at least not for me and some others, that would explain the difference.

I did disable and then reenabled RT. Performance was the same. Until I hit an open area and woah. I was alternating between 60 and dips down in the 40s. 

this game really hates sudden transitions. To and from cutscenes also janks the fps down to single digits. 

I can get an extra 10-15fps if I turn vsync off, but then the screen tearing is awful. 

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Sees people complaining about it running at 47 FPS

Recommends they go play it at 63% of that FPS

12 minutes ago, johnny said:

this is what you pc gamers get for feeling so high and mighty. go spend 700 dollars on some more RAM or some shit 

Excited Lets Go GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

So, I shut down the game, restarted my PC, reloaded to the same area where I was getting 25fps before rebooting, now my GPU utilization is at 55% and my fps is 55, the more I play the higher my GPU utilization has been going until it's at like 80% and my fps eventually went up to 70s on the first area, I'm in the second area now and getting 80-90. 

Okay, I booted it up again and it was fine, until I did something… theory: if you change graphics settings while playing, “something” happens that causes your gpu and cpu utilization to slowly and continuously drop down 

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Okay, I booted it up again and it was fine, until I did something… theory: if you change graphics settings while playing, “something” happens that causes your gpu and cpu utilization to slowly and continuously drop down 

Some games are like that I’ve seen, in this one though some of that can be if you don’t turn RT off and on it won’t have RT which of course will make performance better

7 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Updated drivers, worse performance. Averaging 42 now. Fml

Did you match your chipset to your Windows version you son of a bitch?! Respawn will break down your door for mismatching such obviously paired components!!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, stepee said:

Some games are like that I’ve seen, in this one though some of that can be if you don’t turn RT off and on it won’t have RT which of course will make performance better

If I change any settings, even AA settings (which doesn’t do anything because I have FSR enabled), performance slowly deteriorates over time. It’ll take 30-60 minutes but my fps just keeps slowly going down from (for example) 60-70 avg down to 20-25 as GPU utilization just continually creeps down. It’s the weirdest thing, almost like a memory leak but, ya know, not ram related :p 

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

If I change any settings, even AA settings (which doesn’t do anything because I have FSR enabled), performance slowly deteriorates over time. It’ll take 30-60 minutes but my fps just keeps slowly going down from (for example) 60-70 avg down to 20-25 as GPU utilization just continually creeps down. It’s the weirdest thing, almost like a memory leak but, ya know, not ram related :p 

That's a new EA feature called PC stamina, you gotta pay every hour or so to keep your PC running in tip top shape!*

*Tip top shape not guaranteed, your small fee of $4.99 USD simply removes the inhibitors in the game's code temporarily

5 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Remember when a game would come out and we'd all talk about the game instead of how many FPS the PC users are getting? Me either. 

Everyone would love to talk about the game but it runs like shit on every platform and crashes a lot on consoles!

• Halal 1

10 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Everyone would love to talk about the game but it runs like shit on every platform and crashes a lot on consoles!

Then how are so many people streaming it across so many platforms and whenever I randomly click on one it seems fine?

Soul Food Reaction GIF by Bounce

• Halal 1

I thought the opening was good for what it was. I don’t know if it’s as strong emotionally as Fallen Order, but I’m a sucker for clone wars and thought they did a good job seeing the seeds if Cal’s trauma from the clone wars. 

the couple of areas the opening fell a little flat for me was

the obvious fake arrest. And then how telegraphed it was the team died. They all had the art design of “forgettable NPC” and lo and behold they didn’t stay long enough to warrant more character design.

Action wise it was pretty good. A decent set piece too. 

I also really liked the way the game displayed the difference in skill now vs Fallen Order by

the fight with the ninth sister. Which was both nice to close that loop, but also really showed how much stronger Cal is now.