Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Information Thread, update: Stig Asmussen (director of Fallen Order/Survivor) is departing EA/Respawn

Apparently some A-Hole on Youtube is blatantly posting major spoilers. I was stuck on a room and thought I would get help. I got spoiled instead. They’re right on the front page if you search for anything Jedi Survivor related. Everybody’s algorithm is different but be advised. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's actually kinda amazing games still get released with this level of dumbassery. There's a good game in here but I've had at least 3 major glitches after maybe 2 hrs of gameplay 

• Halal 1

Yes I see the stuttering -- both when entering new areas, and when compiling shaders.  My first experience with the game was poor -- mostly because of brutal audio stuttering (that hasn't returned).  Otherwise, the game is running mostly fine -- could it be better?  Yes, but it's not bad enough to mar my experinece.

I'm about 4-hours in, and on the second planet.  The game plays very much like the first -- if you liked it, you will like this, if you didn't like FO,...  The second planet is much more open-world-like than the first game.  I've already come across a boss that I wasn't prepared to fight, but other than that, the combat has been very fair (and not overly difficult).  Really enjoying it so far.

• Halal 2

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Yes I see the stuttering -- both when entering new areas, and when compiling shaders.  My first experience with the game was poor -- mostly because of brutal audio stuttering (that hasn't returned).  Otherwise, the game is running mostly fine -- could it be better?  Yes, but it's not bad enough to mar my experinece.

I'm about 4-hours in, and on the second planet.  The game plays very much like the first -- if you liked it, you will like this, if you didn't like FO,...  The second planet is much more open-world-like than the first game.  I've already come across a boss that I wasn't prepared to fight, but other than that, the combat has been very fair (and not overly difficult).  Really enjoying it so far.

This has been my experience minus the audio issues. The game doesn’t run really well, but I’ve had no crashes or serious bugs so far.

just completed the main mission on 2nd planet and 

Spoiler

man…that was over 4hrs to get through. and I really didnt explore the planet much and skipped all the sidequests. 

pacing here was a little slow, but the game is enjoyable to play. 

6 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Someone on the XSX just posted this error message after loading a save.

Loading the previous "good" save, reinstalling the game - nothing could make the error message go away.

image.png

Holy shit! I litteraly just ran into this and was going to post. I'm on PS5 and I'm now getting the same message. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I didn't look into this much. What can I do? Restart the entire game?

I dunno. According to what Wade posted even re-installing the game won't make it go away.

Until other users here get the same thing you'll have to figure it out yourself.

Maybe the save is corrupted and you have to delete the save. 🤷‍♀️

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I dunno. According to what Wade posted even re-installing the game won't make it go away.

Until other users here get the same thing you'll have to figure it out yourself.

Ok. I just turned it off because of that. I'm not tired so I think I will fire it back up and see what I can do. 

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Just get the console version... oh wait... 🥴

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

@Keyser_Soze The message still comes up but nothing is wrong with my saves etc so overall it's not a big deal. 

This game is so good. The combat is a total blast, characters are great, the world's are beautiful, and the exploration and puzzles are all fun. 

Oh no what we console players every do to figure this out? Calm down Keyser. Shouldn’t you be checking the temperature of your PC?

• Haha 1

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

I don't even have the game. Go try trolling someone else. 🥱

Do you not have the game on console or PC? Can we discuss the technical issues you’ve experienced on the platform(s) you don’t have it on? Should we move any bug or technical discussion to a thread not about the game as to not upset people without a mouse wheel who are unable to just scroll past it? 

10 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Do you not have the game on console or PC? Can we discuss the technical issues you’ve experienced on the platform(s) you don’t have it on? Should we move any bug or technical discussion to a thread not about the game as to not upset people without a mouse wheel who are unable to just scroll past it? 

Just checked. My PS5 is running a bit hot and I’m really concerned about reducing its temperature. 

33 minutes ago, stepee said:

Y’all picking the worst game to platform war on, should have used Elden Ring where the best version was the ps4 version on ps5

Look man, I’m just trolling during cutscenes. :angry-fap-small:

BTW there’s a stim upgrade in the first area/planet the game starts on, don’t miss it.

• Halal 2

The pacing is phenomenal and each world is really unique and beautiful. Definitely next-gen looking imo and those with the higher end machines should be extremely impressed. 

I'm noticing light flickering in the environments so it's a bug that needs fixed. Everything else is fine and like I mentioned above, 30fps is completely find for me here. 

25 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah I got that one. It really pays to explore off the main path.

The next easy one is on the second world. The shop that sells cosmetics: buy the mysterious code for 10 shards and you’ll wind up with another upgrade. I found a 3rd exploring off path on the second world too so I have 5 already 

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

missed that one. will we be able to return to the starting area?

I believe so. I unlocked a bunch of shortcuts and I believe there were some areas I couldn't get to because I don't have the ability to do so yet.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

The next easy one is on the second world. The shop that sells cosmetics: buy the mysterious code for 10 shards and you’ll wind up with another upgrade. I found a 3rd exploring off path on the second world too so I have 5 already 

I haven't really started that planet yet. Put a couple of hours into Dead Island last night.

• Thanks 1