Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Information Thread, update: Stig Asmussen (director of Fallen Order/Survivor) is departing EA/Respawn

4 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I don't have a solution then. I found it really easy to find my way except for one spot late in the game where I just didn't see a grapple point and got stuck for 30 minutes, 

I won my fight. I forgot I raised the difficulty to above normal. It wasn't too bad.

44 minutes ago, Ominous said:

When you beat a game in like 2 days, do you enjoy it or is it more like you are so hungry that you eat a wagyu steak in 3 bites and don't even appreciate it? 

Wagyu is a myth. You getting played. 

51 minutes ago, Ominous said:

When you beat a game in like 2 days, do you enjoy it or is it more like you are so hungry that you eat a wagyu steak in 3 bites and don't even appreciate it? 

I have to leave for 10 days tomorrow, so I definitely wanted to finish before I go. I definitely felt rushed, but I also enjoyed every second of it. 

12 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Finished Jeddah (with 2 CTD, turned off Ray Tracing and it didn't happen a third -- all were after the main part of the level, and on the way to the mostly cut-scene part), went to a 3rd location and back to Koboh.  I've unlocked all 5 stances, but barely enough skill points to get very far up the skill trees.  Still really enjoying it.

All my in game crashes have been on Koboh. Most in around the main town. 

I started hoarding points knowing I’d get the other two stances soon. So when I did I could invest in both a bit. You can always respec your skill points. If there are things you’re not using, save the points and reinvest. 

4 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I started hoarding points knowing I’d get the other two stances soon. So when I did I could invest in both a bit. You can always respec your skill points. If there are things you’re not using, save the points and reinvest. 

but if you horde too many and die twice, you lose them, don't you? I never saved more than I needed anyway, but I know I lost experience a few times. 

20 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I've only had it crash 3 times -- one immediately after I'd saved in the Mantis, and I selected "Travel" to Jeddah (No game time lost), once in Jeddah in between the gameplay section and the cut-scene heavy area (game saved automatically, so no time lost), and once during a cutscene, so I lost about 10 minutes of progress.

I haven't been hoarding skill points, as I've MOSTLY been mainlining the game, and I've been focusing the spending in one area (primarily the single light sabre stance).

47 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

but if you horde too many and die twice, you lose them, don't you? I never saved more than I needed anyway, but I know I lost experience a few times. 

only if you die again before you collect it back. You just gotta find either the enemy that killed you or the spot you died. The enemy will be glowing gold, or the spot on the ground will be. 

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

only if you die again before you collect it back. You just gotta find either the enemy that killed you or the spot you died. The enemy will be glowing gold, or the spot on the ground will be. 

And you don't have to kill the enemy, you just have to attack it 

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, Ominous said:

Depends on the game. I’m close to finishing this, I assume. And I’m enjoying it. 

8 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Depends on the game. I’m close to finishing this, I assume. And I’m enjoying it. 

ya, you were close when you asked about that spoiler, so you're definitely very near. 

There is also a quick post credit scene, then the game opens back up. 

5 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

ya, you were close when you asked about that spoiler, so you're definitely very near. 

There is also a quick post credit scene, then the game opens back up. 

im at the part where

Spoiler

dagan took zee and i have to rescue it  

im guessing about 50-60% done? 

19 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I found the absolute most infuriating puzzle in the game. and not bc I dont know what to do. bc the fucking controls right here are so awful. I actually just bailed on it. 

spacer.png

This is where you jump to fight a couple monsters beyond that echo, right? I... don't get the problem?

18 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

This is where you jump to fight a couple monsters beyond that echo, right? I... don't get the problem?

no. as far I can tell there are no enemies. and I dont think its an echo, its one of those ones that either gives you xp or health/force upgrade.  you have to lift the pillars and jump on to them. but the timing has to be perfect and with how wonky it is with looking at the correct pillar, it’s infuriating. there is no lock on. getting the closest one to even give you the prompt is like a damn puzzle in itself. and aside from all that, its so easy to accidentally swing the saber instead of triggering the skill. 

not that this is a difficulty setting, but im playing on jedi master and this has been the hardest part. lol. I had to give up. 

4 minutes ago, atom631 said:

no. as far I can tell there are no enemies. and I dont think its an echo, its one of those ones that either gives you xp or health/force upgrade.  you have to lift the pillars and jump on to them. but the timing has to be perfect and with how wonky it is with looking at the correct pillar, it’s infuriating. there is no lock on. getting the closest one to even give you the prompt is like a damn puzzle in itself. and aside from all that, its so easy to accidentally swing the saber instead of triggering the skill. 

not that this is a difficulty setting, but im playing on jedi master and this has been the hardest part. lol. I had to give up. 

Yeah I'm pretty sure that after that thing, there's a flat area with an upgrade and 2 enemies (one legendary) that you can fight. There's an elevator behind you, right? Maybe the timing is different on the PlayStation compared to the PC or something, for me it was pretty generous.

Or maybe there's another spot in the swamp with 3 columns you have to pull up? You're not starting with the one that's highlighted on your screenshot, right? There's another one closer to you.

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that after that thing, there's a flat area with an upgrade and 2 enemies (one legendary) that you can fight. There's an elevator behind you, right? Maybe the timing is different on the PlayStation compared to the PC or something, for me it was pretty generous.

Or maybe there's another spot in the swamp with 3 columns you have to pull up? You're not starting with the one that's highlighted on your screenshot, right? There's another one closer to you.

there’s another one closer to U bitch

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

in the swamp, not in a mission. and yes, elevator behind. 

Spoiler

its right after you save Zee and beat Dagan the 2nd time. the escape pod ejects you to the starting area and you can now lift the platform, zip across and get up to the area with the elevator or these pillars

I literally cannot highlight the closest pillar.  it keeps highlighting the middle one. if I ever so slightly move, sometimes i can trigger the first one. and sometimes as im highlighted on the first and go to trigger, itll do the 2nd. lol. 

7 minutes ago, atom631 said:

in the swamp, not in a mission. and yes, elevator behind. 

Hide contents

its right after you save Zee and beat Dagan the 2nd time. the escape pod ejects you to the starting area and you can now lift the platform, zip across and get up to the area with the elevator or these pillars

I literally cannot highlight the closest pillar.  it keeps highlighting the middle one. if I ever so slightly move, sometimes i can trigger the first one. and sometimes as im highlighted on the first and go to trigger, itll do the 2nd. lol. 

Yup. That's so weird, I never had that targeting problem.

• Thanks 1

So I’m either taking my time or all the mucking about with game crashes has taken a toll on my play time. I’m 28 hours in and I don’t feel like I’m close to the end. I have at least one force ability left to learn as there are things and doors in the game with a reddish glow. 

not that I want to know how close I am to the end. 

I am not entirely sure how I feel about how few locations I have or can visit. Koboh feels large, sure, and has diversity in many areas, but at the same time I can’t help feel it’s a step down from the first game. I’m reserving final judgement until I do actually finish the game. But so far it feels like the game lost some of the brevity of the first game. The environments are so much bigger, but I can’t help but feel so far that they did this because they could and not because they needed to. 

…also I recently watched a cutscene that was locked at 30fps? At least the game hasn’t crashed on me in a couple days. 

6 hours ago, atom631 said:

im at the part where

Hide contents

dagan took zee and i have to rescue it  

im guessing about 50-60% done? 

Maybe a little more than that. It took me 22 hours to beat

2 hours ago, atom631 said:

Yeah, I definitely had no problem with any of this.

my biggest question so far is how many people have fought Gary the Technician yet? 😂 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

See...there's this saying that I fall under. 

"STUPID".

I don’t think it’s because you’re “stupid”, I think you probably have a very low attention span, since you’re always restarting games and losing your way. Sounds more like some kind of Attention Deficit Disorder or something.