People so afraid of dying, they completely quit living

Biggie

Played a few hours of blitzball with my cousins and our kids, now the in-laws over tonight for tamales, dranks, and karaoke/dancing.

Tomorrow hanging with my side in the morning at my parent’s house, then I’ll go to the theaters and work a little with my various crews. Probably finish off with some Halo Infinite MP!

I'm working tonight then going to my dad's tomorrow. I got a couple small gifts for folks, but I mostly want to get people restaurant gift cards and I can't fucking keep track of everyone's dietary restrictions, so I'm just going to ask them where they want to go when I see them.

I think we're eating prime rib. My dad's girlfriend handles all the food and she's a bad cook, so that's cool

• Like 1

In-laws are over so the plan is, wake up when daughter wakes up. Open presents, nice breakfast, mill about and maybe go for a walk, snacks at 1pm and dinner at 3pm.

Daughter has a cold though so she’s been waking up the past hour or so (now being midnight) - so hopefully the paracetamol I’ve just given her helps her sleep till about 5am.

Vaguely hoping as well that mid-morning, everyone will snooze and I can give Spiderman a go.

• Like 1

Just coming back from my uncle’s place. He made a special codfish dish, prime rib, and turkey. The wine was really good, too. I made a Basque cheesecake for dessert that was also amazing. Only complaint was the sherry I bought. Absolutely disgusting. Otherwise, a good time!

• Like 1

The fiance and I did our own thing Christmas Eve...Exchanged books (stole that idea from an NPR article about Icelandic book buying habits @Fizzzzle white boy shit), got really stoned and had Chinese food and wine. She ordered a 'jumbo shrimp egg roll' that was comically large:

CgmAXGi.jpg

Look at that fucking thing.

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

The fiance and I did our own thing Christmas Eve...Exchanged books (stole that idea from an NPR article about Icelandic book buying habits @Fizzzzle white boy shit), got really stoned and had Chinese food and wine. She ordered a 'jumbo shrimp egg roll' that was comically large:

CgmAXGi.jpg

Jillian Bell Workaholics GIF by hero0fwar

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

1-DF482-C0-31-B5-44-DA-8-CB4-800410-FB5-

Ate much tamales

drank much Gasolina @Ghost_MH

sang much karaoke

going to play much Halo MP

Gasolina is so much better than it has any right to be.

Christmas for me is going to be all about the kids. They're 3, 4, and 6. That's prime Christmas age. They'll open a million presents and I'll spend half the day putting everything together while my youngest sasses me about how slow I am.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bacon said:

I'm going to my aunt's house and having Lasagna. Probably play some 31.

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

My aunt made lasagna for tonight’s meal. It was delicious. And my Momo made me a chocolate pie. Yum. 

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm gonna have some lasagna tonight!

We had lasagna for dinner as well.

We had a house full of family, wasnt to bad. A bit too much alcohol but a good time was had.

• Like 2

Merry Christmas 

Since my mom broke a bunch of shit a week ago and is now living with me, it’s gonna be a very calm Christmas. Only my one brother will be coming over. Dinner will be braised short ribs, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Merry Christmas 

Since my mom broke a bunch of shit a week ago and is now living with me, it’s gonna be a very calm Christmas. Only my on brother will be coming over. Dinner will be braised short ribs, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts. 

Sounds delicious. Getting that braising on the taters is the best.

13 hours ago, Chris- said:

CgmAXGi.jpg

That looks beautiful. 

Went to my Aunt's last night. I was feeling a little under the weather. Had a little fever, but it was great to see some family that I haven't seen in awhile. She had a nice spread of lasagna, veggie lasagna, Italian sausage, ham, lot of desserts. It all looked good, but I couldn't smell or taste much, unfortunately. We did our silly Christmas game, swig and belch, where we pass around a pitcher of beer, take a drink and try to let out the biggest burp. We also celebrated my son's birthday. He's only 2, so we all had to help him blow out his trick, relighting candles. He had a fun time. My daughter did, too. They behaved fantastically.

All in all, was a great evening.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Merry Christmas 

Since my mom broke a bunch of shit a week ago and is now living with me, it’s gonna be a very calm Christmas. Only my one brother will be coming over. Dinner will be braised short ribs, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts. 

Please tell me this isn’t because she got plowed again by the same guy. Someone might need to arrest this man.

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

Seriously? What the fuck happened?

People are just failing to get isekai'd. 

f44.jpg
KNOWYOURMEME.COM

Truck-kun, also known as Truck-sama and Truck-chan, is a nickname given to trucks involved in fatal accidents in various anime and manga stories. The name was coined online after users on the /r/manga subreddit pointed out that truck accidents were repeatedly used as plot devices, most notably in the manga Fuuka.

6 hours ago, stepee said:

Seriously? What the fuck happened?

Yea. Truck decided to hit her on the driver side door after she tried to turn left because the truck didn’t want to obey traffic laws. She has a fractured neck, fractured ankle and two broken ribs. 

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 2

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Yea. Truck decided to hit on the driver side door after she tried to turn left because the truck didn’t want to obey traffic laws. She has a fractured neck, fractured ankle and two broken ribs. 

Holy shit that’s awful for real, sorry to hear about that. :( Yeah, BAN TRUCKS.

• Thanks 1

My wife's cousin drove up from Florida to visit, he got here on Wednesday. Wed night he got a fever of 102 degrees. Got tested, positive for Covid.

Had Christmas eve dinner at my parents house yesterday which I usually enjoy...but it was very messy this year. Have a sister with a drug addiction. Can't hold a job, car in desperate need of a repair, hasn't paid car insurance for 3 months, car registration is expired, all she wants to do is door dash.

Then my 80 year old grandma.... had some bathroom... issues I guess you could say. I won't go into too many details but we asked if everything was OK or if she needed anything, but she insisted everything was totally fine, all while none of us could breathe for the last half hour she was there and the bathroom was left in an absolute mess. 

Last night a neighbor brought over tamales that look just like what @sblfilms posted. They were amazing! Today was a lot better and more relaxing. Had some family members over. Everybody was vaccinated, some had their boosters, but there was a lot of talk about how many friends of theirs have tested positive this week with Covid. 

• Like 3