He's dead, he's finally fucking dead.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I agree that it doesn’t matter, it’s just an interesting facet. I don’t think @Komushawas arguing differently either.

If Rush was just a character and Hannity is a true believer then I think Rush is the more contemptible person (although yes you're getting into arguing about would it be worse to step in dog shit vs cow shit at that point). It seems worse to drive the country into the ground just to make a buck than because it's your actual sincerely-held fucked up worldview.

Never forget, and feel good shooting your shots.

EDIT - I know this has become my thing lately... but don’t hate listen, don’t hate watch, don’t hate follow, don’t hate screencap and retweet, and don’t hate re-post fucking ghouls. You’re just putting money in their pockets.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47lh6w72cubl773wvrr4

What I love is these "personalities" are so famous with the Trumpers and QAnon'ers that they are genuinely hard to replace because they associate so much trust with the personality. 

So when they die, like here, it does cut down on misinformation and disinformation spreading. I await all the other idiot Boomers like him who are on air to die because few are replaceable. Old people don't give a shit about Dave Rubin or Ben Shapiro or whoever the fuck nearly as much as Limbaugh, Dobbs, Piro, etc.

19 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I suppose Rush invented talk radio the same way Elvis invented rock and roll, which is to say he did not.

He didn't invent talk radio, I agree.  But he did make it into a hugely viable platform, especially for politics.  Whether it was a good or bad thing for society, he was good at his craft, and his millions of loyal listeners were proof of that.  

23 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Newt Gingrich is actually patient zero for Trumpism.

Yeah, Newt was responsible for the modern form of political knife fighting.

But Rush is the one that laid the groundwork for the "just scream and troll and it doesn't matter the actual substance of what you say" aspect of Trumpism.

Even during the Bush years the GOP felt compelled to make a case for the war in Iraq, even if it was spin and downright lies.

Today's GOP wouldn't even bother with Powell's U.N. speech. They would announce the invasion in a mean Tweet.

27 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

But Rush is the one that laid the groundwork for the "just scream and troll and it doesn't matter the actual substance of what you say" aspect of Trumpism.

Even during the Bush years the GOP felt compelled to make a case for the war in Iraq, even if it was spin and downright lies.

Today's GOP wouldn't even bother with Powell's U.N. speech. They would announce the invasion in a mean Tweet.

Today's gop would denounce internationalism and interventionism but still go ahead and bomb the hell out of wherever

On 2/20/2021 at 4:44 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Newt Gingrich is actually patient zero for Trumpism.

On 2/20/2021 at 5:21 PM, Chairslinger said:

Nah guys, remember redsox said newt wasn't that influential