Parler hacked/exploited: potentially thousands of compromised accounts, including well known figures

Just now, jinx8402 said:

A "social network" built on wordpress? Obviously the chuds signing up don't understand, but that is so laughable and it doesn't surprise me it was already hacked.

I thought Wordpress itself is fine and that it's the extensions that create the security nightmare?

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I thought Wordpress itself is fine and that it's the extensions that create the security nightmare?

Yeah, the extensions are definitely the biggest culprit, and wp can be generally safe as long as you keep it up to date. But if someone is making a social network on wp with the configuration shown, chances are they aren't applying all security updates.

25 minutes ago, chakoo said:

laugh laughing GIF

What a horrible amateur mess. I look forward to the DM leaks and complete collapse of the platform after this.

They can always go to Gab...in fact, why didn't they go to Gab in the first place? Did it get too libcuck for them?

Just now, LazyPiranha said:

Can someone explain to me any plausible explanation for why they would need a SSN to verify you?  What conceivable valid reason would they have for needing that?

Why would they try to get something extremely useful for grifting from the terminally grifted? I can't possibly imagine a reason!

If anyone is interested in Parler history read his thread

The TLDR

Is Tech Bro meets Russian on Vacation, they move to Russia. Get married in Government facility that's run by her grandmother who by the way is considered a "Honored Builder of  Russia". Come back to the US to start a right wing "twitter" , the owners of Parler are the tech bro and an unknown LLC out of Delaware. Nothing illegal  but very questionable. Also the first several thousand accounts at Parler belonged to Russian aligned operatives.

I know its easy to laugh at these morons but they are a real threat

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yes, but the highly visible set who did move there was enough to cause technical problems, let alone reach a level where a social network gets to a nearly self-sustaining level of use/users

A few high-level chuds and a bunch of Russian bots?

15 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

If anyone is interested in Parler history read his thread

The TLDR

Is Tech Bro meets Russian on Vacation, they move to Russia. Get married in Government facility that's run by her grandmother who by the way is considered a "Honored Builder of  Russia". Come back to the US to start a right wing "twitter" , the owners of Parler are the tech bro and an unknown LLC out of Delaware. Nothing illegal  but very questionable. Also the first several thousand accounts at Parler belonged to Russian aligned operatives.

I know its easy to laugh at these morons but they are a real threat

A Tech Bro is going to mysteriously find himself divorced and thrown out of a window next year.

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Normal people don't know what Parler is. 

I don't know about that. All of my idiot right wing Facebook "friends" wouldn't shut the fuck up about it a few weeks ago. They were all leaving in a. mass exodus because dear leader told them facebook was bad and they are all idiot moron stupid fucking trump supporter dipshits. I mean, facebook is bad, but not for the reasons they think it is. They just think that because they're all fucking dumb people who are dumb dumbies.

Eh, this is probably fake, whatever. Fuck all these people. COVID denying trump supporting fucks. I actively am rooting for bad things to happen to them.