Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

13 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

For all the hand wringing about Trump expanding his vote, it's looking like when all is said and done we are going to be back down close to his 2016 number of 42% koolaid drinkers along with 4% that "came home" in the end.

He's already down to 47.5%, and the outstanding vote is likely to be heavily Democratic, right?

I heard someone make a great point about the horribleness of trying to delegitimize Biden. Not only did he win the EC and not only is he going to win the popular vote by many millions of votes, unlike Hillary he won a clear majority of all voters!

Just imagine a scenario where Trump does pull this off? How illegitimate does the GOP want their presidency to be?

3 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

I really miss the days where I could just live my life without constantly worrying about whether or not we’re hurdling toward a second Civil War.

Don't sell Trump short, with the way Europe and Canada is lining up on one side and dictators are lining up on the other we can turn this bitch into WWIII!

11 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

I really miss the days where I could just live my life without constantly worrying about whether or not we’re hurtling toward a second Civil War.

I am trying to stop viewing this thread because of that. However I am a Dark Eldar player so I still come in. (Read I am a masochist)

9 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I would find it useful if someone had links to all the articles written about GOP state legislatures blocking these efforts. I haven’t had the time to dig. 

Its all pretty straight forward, the Dem governors in WI/MI/PA all wanted laws changed so they could count mail ballots before election day, the GOP led legislatures all refused, in Michigan all Whitmer got was they allowed them to at least process the ballots the day before in counties with 25000 or more registrants but not count them.

Its also why people saying PA legislature is just going to pick its electors is dumb, cause they have to change the law first and thats not happening with a Governor Wolfe.

4 hours ago, Reputator said:

Dude if they lost Tucker, that's game over.

He'll shortly be back to his regularly scheduled shit show.

3 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Community Fire GIFs | Tenor

This is me after skipping the last 2 days of this thread...

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

For what it's worth, I really do believe that this incredibly incompetent coup attempt will fail.

However, if it wasn't BLATANTLY OBVIOUS before it SURE AS HELL must be now that those norms-based "guardrails" constraining bad actors within the American political system are laughably useless jokes to the point that claiming their existence is nothing short of delusional.

The damage to the US political system is irreparable at this point - there is no coming back from it.  Let us all hope that the inevitable dissolution is as relatively peaceful as possible.

1 hour ago, Uaarkson said:

I really miss the days where I could just live my life without constantly worrying about whether or not we’re hurtling toward a second Civil War.

On our current trajectory, I just can't see a peaceful separation after the Kyle Rittenhouse incident.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Has Project Veritas ever been right about anything?

No. They are a ratfucking organization. In an actual just and lawful society O'Keefe and his goons would be hammering rocks in a penal colony on the moon.

An anthropologist should study the connection between how bigoted and hateful a right-wing chud is and how ugly they are:

gettyimages-486156864.jpg

Their inherent ugliness on the inside reflects on the outside. 

• Haha 1

What I was listening to was specifically about Nevada, but on NPR just now they had people talking about how the GOP probably got boosted by Republicans being willing to knock on doors a lot earlier than Democrats were since Republicans don't take COVID seriously. 

On 11/8/2020 at 1:51 PM, Greatoneshere said:

It's not hyperbole to me - and I do feel like people are asking me to coddle them, in fact, so it doesn't feel disingenuous to suggest that coddling apparently needs to entail everything.

You mention the progressive message - I'm 33 years old and been a progressive my whole life. After Bush won in 2000 I was 14 years old and became very politically active and haven't stopped since (got lazy during the Obama years though). After spreading it for 33 years we're now where we are. I've been "advertising" to this group from every possible angle fro 20 years now. I've tried everything. Everything? Everything. Bernie's been trying for decades.

Nothing works. You act like this is our first chance to truly reach them. Wrong. This election was their last chance to prove to us they are moral people.

They failed the test. Yet we're all out here saying: "let's speak to them". "Advertise differently". They are bad faith voters, bad faith actors, and bad faith debators, who hypocritically ask to get away with everything while holding the rest of us to an almost untenable standard. There is no seed. There is no different way. In 33 years, it's only gotten worse so why do we think they'll do a 180 on the downward trajectory they've been on since the 1980's and suddenly see the light?

The only way is to actually institute the progressive policies that will help them. And they'll never get on board those policies, so we have to do it while fighting against them. It's the only way.

I still feel your representation of the arguments I am trying to make is hyperbole, and as for the rest of your viewpoint we just simply have a disagreement (right now).  I now understand your sentiment about this being their last chance, so I will not wholly disagree with you.  Fighting will definitely need to be done.  Whether or not I believe some of those people deserve a chance to redeem themselves is just something I will have to observe and examine from here on out.  Your experiences tell you it's over and mine do not; however your arguments are convicting and it does make me sadder and angrier each passing day after reading right-wing comments from everyday people.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jason said:

What I was listening to was specifically about Nevada, but on NPR just now they had people talking about how the GOP probably got boosted by Republicans being willing to knock on doors a lot earlier than Democrats were since Republicans don't take COVID seriously. 

Yeah this seems to be a general consensus, but uhhh he lost to Biden by a bigger margin in NV than he did against Clinton, and its still growing.

4 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Yeah this seems to be a general consensus, but uhhh he lost to Biden by a bigger margin in NV than he did against Clinton, and its still growing.

Sure but I'm thinking about this beyond Nevada. Other states maybe swing the other way if the Democratic ground game isn't hampered by the pandemic.