Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

We can't afford to lose people like @sblfilms, we are too small as it is, and he was a good contributing member. Is there any way to get him back?

Just now, Jason said:

FWIW, it was not coming across to me that he was actually upset about it. I was annoyed with him for downplaying this and condescending toward the people worried about it, but I was not trying to chase him off. Not checking whether it was rising from some of the usual sniping that goes on here to actually upsetting him is on me.

I can reach out to him with the above.

• Like 4

Just now, Jason said:

FWIW, it was not coming across to me that he was actually upset about it. I was annoyed with him for downplaying this and condescending toward the people worried about it, but I was not trying to chase him off. Not checking whether it was rising from some of the usual sniping that goes on here to actually upsetting him is on me.

Brah, you can talk about what the White House is doing since it's clearly newsworthy; I'm just so sick of his g'damn tweets getting posted all the time! Maybe I'm sniping people without realizing it, too, but it gets tiresome for me, and it looks like to him as well, when we have a debate about something and then, "No mechanism/he's just shouting at the clouds," comes everyday in a barrage of posts. The point's been made, you know?

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think this is fair. We can all be pretty bitchy to each other at times and it can be hard to tell when an actual line was crossed.

Him blowing up about it and leaving like that came out of nowhere. Let’s not pretend he gave indication it was actually upsetting him and that me, Jason, or anyone else who was using it jokingly then continued using it to be malicious.

Jason getting piled on is pretty god damn ridiculous tbh, especially going at him for posting the current President’s tweets regarding the election in the friggen election thread.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Him blowing up about it and leaving like that came out of nowhere. Let’s not pretend he gave indication it was actually upsetting him and that me, Jason, or anyone else who was using it jokingly then continued using it to be malicious.

Jason getting piled on is pretty god damn ridiculous tbh, especially going at him for posting the current President’s tweets regarding the election.

We literally have a thread that was created with the sole intention of Jason dumping his tweets into and now he's dumping them here too. I think it's fair to complain.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

We literally have a thread that was created with the sole intention of Jason dumping his tweets into and now he's dumping them here too. I think it's fair to complain.

Yes, random tweets that didn't belong anywhere else. Not tweets specifically relevant to a given thread. 

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Huh? It's a combination of everything, at least for me.

Every time someone “attacks” Jason for something, there’s a specific clique that then hops in. I’ve noticed it since I started posting on the CEB in 2015. I think you all just need to get a room and have some really hardcore sex.

:shrug: 

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Every time someone “attacks” Jason for something, there’s a specific clique that then hops in. I’ve noticed it since I started posting on the CEB in 2015.

:shrug: 

I never knew I was in a D1P clique. Kinda feel special now, tbh.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I -- the person who pays over $2,000/year to keep this place going -- said I wanted it to stop.

That should be enough to end the discussion on it.

Yes, that of course takes precedence and sorry again for doing it after you'd said to stop. But I think there's what to talk about with what built up before you said to stop.

40 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

The question I would ask is "IF Donald Trump were planning a coup, how would he be acting any differently than he already is?".

Once the court cases fail, it really comes down to what it was always going to come down to. Whether Trump will call in the men with swords, and whether his supporters and armed U.S. forces will take up that call.

That's like asking the question "If Trump were guilty of colluding or accepting help from a foreign government for the 2016 election, how would he be acting differently?"

The answer to both of those questions is nothing. He would be acting exactly the same way. For the last four years Trump has really been acting like someone that was guilty of working with a foreign government to help win the 2016 election. Does it matter if that help didn't amount to much? No. That's like asking if the Patriots or Astros really deserved to be punished for cheating if it didn't really help them much. If Trump had plans to win this 2020 election by any means necessary, including a coup or faithless electors, how would he be acting? I'd argue he'd be acting the exact way he has been. Nothing he, the White House, or GOP leadership has done has pointed to anything other than an attempt to see how far they can push the narrative before a coup gets called out as one.

So far the only evidence against an attempted coup is that it's either been unsuccessful so far or that it's crazy talk.  I can point to Republican leadership talking about faithless electors being a legal option for them and that gets brushed aside as just mindless speculation.

At what point do we start holding Republicans accountable for their own words and actions?

Like I said earlier, we deserve Schumer and Pelosi if the answer is nothing.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I imagine a lot of us will a lot less on edge once Biden is definitively actually in the White House. 

Hell yeah.

I doubt anything is actually going to come of this, because it would essentially be opening Pandora's Box that Trump has the God-given divine right to be emperor that has unlimited power to do whatever he wants.

But the fact that he is trying so hard to do this shows that he is a man that cannot accept defeat or failure, because he's never had to deal with consequences for losing once in his life.

And the GOP is showing how spineless they are by not actively discrediting him.

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

Hell yeah.

I doubt anything is actually going to come of this, because it would essentially be opening Pandora's Box that Trump has the God-given divine right to be emperor that has unlimited power to do whatever he wants.

But the fact that he is trying so hard to do this shows that he is a man that cannot accept defeat or failure, because he's never had to deal with consequences for losing once in his life.

And the GOP is showing how spineless they are by not actively discrediting him.

In all fairness, the largest Christian churches in the country run by many of the most popular ministers in the nation are pretty much telling their congregations and viewers that Trump is pretty much elected by God to fulfill his mission for this country.

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

In all fairness, the largest Christian churches in the country run by many of the most popular ministers in the nation are pretty much telling their congregations and viewers that Trump is pretty much elected by God to fulfill his mission for this country.

By which, they want him to get rid of all the gays, liberals, non-Christians, and scary brown people.