Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Honestly the best thing to come from this election might be Republicans not being scared of turnout, anymore.

It's what Trump's celebrity and mainlining rageahol gets you, a boast in turnout.

Unfortunately for them, it also caused a backlash that got a bland Democratic candidate almost 80 million votes.

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Pro: maybe not scared of turnout

Con: they don't trust the elections(when they lose), see the current fraud discussion in the right wing media

Specifically what I am worried we are likely to see is that they will now build a rightwing machine to install partisan hacks at every level of the voting system.

That's what typically happens when you see Republican officials being attacked by Republicans for not being crooked enough as is happening in a lot of country levels in Michigan and Pennsylvania as well as the two Georgia senators calling for the Republican to resign seemingly for no reason other than that the official didn't get them enough votes.

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

Specifically what I am worried we are likely to see is that they will now build a rightwing machine to install partisan hacks at every level of the voting system

Not impossible, but much less likely to happen than installing judges who get a job for life and can do whatever with relative impunity

9 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Regarding the results in the Rio Grande Valley, I read that many of the CBP/ICE agents who live there ARE of Latin ethnicity and the criticism of those agencies had a tangible impact within those communities.

"How dare people be upset that we lock up kids and maybe possibly traffic in them. :cry:

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

I bet Trump has already called Cucker to scream at him:

carlson.jpg
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

The Fox News host said that while he believes fraud allegations must be pursued, those that he said can be confirmed still might not change the outcome of the election.

Dude if they lost Tucker, that's game over.

1 minute ago, Jason said:
KA3XQNBCXQI6XHCKBXDCILCICQ.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Budget proposals are offered in February, and President Trump is set to leave office on Jan. 20. “They’re pretending nothing happened,” one government official involved in the...

Hold on. Is the new Trump strategy to pull a Costanza/Larry David and show up on January 21st like they're still in power?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Person A says something.

Jason sees something that he thinks contradicts that, so he posts it and references Person A's post.

Jason repeats this 1000 times until Person A leaves.

I'm sure Jason will find some other tweet later and go, "BUT I THOUGHT TRUMP COULDN'T STEAL THROUGH TWITTER!"

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

But we were definitely worrying about nothing. @b_m_b_m_b_m

:sun: 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

This isn't a Twitter coup. This is a real coup.

The question I would ask is "IF Donald Trump were planning a coup, how would he be acting any differently than he already is?".

Once the court cases fail, it really comes down to what it was always going to come down to. Whether Trump will call in the men with swords, and whether his supporters and armed U.S. forces will take up that call.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

He was incredibly condescending toward people who were worried about exactly what's happening coming to pass. And now it's happening.

What's condescending is continuing to go "no mechanism" when the conversation was over. 

When Biden's president, you're not going to have any reflection on this, either.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

What's condescending is continuing to go "no mechanism" when the conversation was over. 

When Biden's president, you're not going to have any reflection on this, either.

When Biden's president, it won't change the fact that Trump tried a coup.

200203183802-donald-trump-jr-super-tease
WWW.CNN.COM

Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle are making moves to expand their influence at the Republican National Committee, three GOP sources, including advisers to the President tell CNN. Some sources say they may seek to take over the party structure themselves.

5 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

The question I would ask is "IF Donald Trump were planning a coup, how would he be acting any differently than he already is?".

Once the court cases fail, it really comes down to what it was always going to come down to. Whether Trump will call in the men with swords, and whether his supporters and armed U.S. forces will take up that call.

There was no planning this is winging it

It may still fail! But brushing this off really shows an unseriousness about the gravity of the situation we walked into, and may yet do so again

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Yes, because Jason couldn't stop going "NO MECHANISM" for a conversation that was weeks old after Wade told him to stop.

FWIW, it was not coming across to me that he was actually upset about it. I was annoyed with him for downplaying this and condescending toward the people worried about it, but I was not trying to chase him off. Not checking whether it was rising from some of the usual sniping that goes on here to actually upsetting him is on me.

• Thanks 1