Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

The GOP isn't doing that though. Random talk radio person, or your aunt on FB isn't the party.

No, they haven't done that, but you can't possibly be arguing that the idea hasn't been flagged around by the GOP.

Let me link to this story again...

In Pennsylvania, three Republican leaders told me they had already discussed the direct appointment of electors among themselves, and one said he had discussed it with Trump’s national campaign.

“I’ve mentioned it to them, and I hope they’re thinking about it too,” Lawrence Tabas, the Pennsylvania Republican Party’s chairman, told me. “I just don’t think this is the right time for me to be discussing those strategies and approaches, but [direct appointment of electors] is one of the options. It is one of the available legal options set forth in the Constitution.” He added that everyone’s preference is to get a swift and accurate count. “If the process, though, is flawed, and has significant flaws, our public may lose faith and confidence” in the election’s integrity.

Jake Corman, the state’s Senate majority leader, preferred to change the subject, emphasizing that he hoped a clean vote count would produce a final tally on Election Night. “The longer it goes on, the more opinions and the more theories and the more conspiracies [are] created,” he told me. If controversy persists as the safe-harbor date nears, he allowed, the legislature will have no choice but to appoint electors. “We don’t want to go down that road, but we understand where the law takes us, and we’ll follow the law.”

There were also folks inside the Trump campaign pushing this idea.

I mean, it's not like this was posted by Trump's own family.

201105_DonJr.jpg?w=1200&h=630&crop=1
WWW.MOTHERJONES.COM

The president’s son retweeted a call for Republican-controlled state legislatures to try to override the presidential election.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

No, they haven't done that, but you can't possibly be arguing that the idea hasn't been flagged around by the GOP.

Let me link to this story again...

There were also folks inside the Trump campaign pushing this idea.

I mean, it's not like this was posted by Trump's own family.

201105_DonJr.jpg?w=1200&h=630&crop=1
WWW.MOTHERJONES.COM

The president’s son retweeted a call for Republican-controlled state legislatures to try to override the presidential election.

Read the quoted text carefully, particularly the bit from the senate leader. It does not mean what you are suggesting. But this is the board that was real nervous the courts were gonna be up to no good, while the Trump campaign is now like 0-10 in state and federal court cases regarding the election, so this is probably a waste of key strokes :p 

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Read the quoted text carefully, particularly the bit from the senate leader. It does not mean what you are suggesting. But this is the board that was real nervous the courts were gonna be up to no good, while the Trump campaign is now like 0-10 in state and federal court cases regarding the election, so this is probably a waste of key strokes :p 

Then what do the words of the Pennsylvania Republicans mean? To me, it sounds like they're saying the law allows then to choose their own electors if the election in their state isn't sorted out quickly and people lose faith in the election results and litigation over the vote gets dragged out to long.

I am literally all ears for another interpretation of their words.

26 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Why do some teams call timeouts when they can't actually come back at the end of a football game? Because they are sore losers, not because they are trying to change the outcome of the game.

The GOP isn't doing that though. Random talk radio person, or your aunt on FB isn't the party.

You literally don't know that's their end goal. Is it face saving? Maybe. Is it setting up for an autogolpe? Taken in context with the sacking or rumored soon to occur sacking of heads of the state security apparatus (dod, cia, fbi) and the lack of signaling of a peaceful transition of power, the answer to that is not no, which is extremely concerning!

17 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

0-11

They just had another one in Nevada tossed.

I don't really see any rational plan here, back crazy conspiracy that elections are filled with fraud to turn out voters to vote in said fraud filled election so they can keep the senate in a state that likely flipped due these exact type of actions over the last 4 years.  They probably win the races anyways, but I don't see how any of this helps them.

6 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

I have compared Trumpism to pro wrestling before.

What everyone, including the GOP, needs to understand is that Trump is Hulk Hogan.

He will never "pass the torch" because he has no conception of the idea that "his time has passed".

He could be 85 on his 6th heart attack and still look around and genuinely think he was the best guy for the job.

I think Trump could be the 2024 favorite if he runs. Yes he lost and he lost bigly, but he's the best thing to happen to the GOP since Reagan. Pre-Trump the entire narrative was how demographic shift meant that the GOP was going to be extinct in the next decade. Instead, they have a candidate that has widened their base in almost every single demographic. The trick is that I think he's the only one that can do it and I don't think shoving a Tom Cotton out there and having him do a half-assed Trump impersonation would work at all. 

14 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Then what do the words of the Pennsylvania Republicans mean? To me, it sounds like they're saying the law allows then to choose their own electors if the election in their state isn't sorted out quickly and people lose faith in the election results and litigation over the vote gets dragged out to long.

I am literally all ears for another interpretation of their words.

This is what Corman has been saying for months now and has continued to say even this week. The important bit is that the state law defines how they are chosen, which is separate from the actual legal process of appointing them.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

NO MECHANISM!

Ok, I'm just beyond done with the childish mockery that persists here. I do no such thing to others, and it is not worth my time to post in a place so overtly hostile to me. 

17 minutes ago, Chollowa said:

I think Trump could be the 2024 favorite if he runs. Yes he lost and he lost bigly, but he's the best thing to happen to the GOP since Reagan. Pre-Trump the entire narrative was how demographic shift meant that the GOP was going to be extinct in the next decade. Instead, they have a candidate that has widened their base in almost every single demographic. The trick is that I think he's the only one that can do it and I don't think shoving a Tom Cotton out there and having him do a half-assed Trump impersonation would work at all. 

Tom Cotton is Tim Pawlenty 3.0 (Scott Walker is Tim Pawlenty 2.0).

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is what Corman has been saying for months now and has continued to say even this week. The important bit is that the state law defines how they are chosen, which is separate from the actual legal process of appointing them.

Yeah, but Corman isn't the one that spoke with the Trump campaign about choosing their own electors.

I'm not suggesting this is going to happen, but let's not pretend the White House hasn't been trying to figure out if they can.

16 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Ok, I'm just beyond done with the childish mockery that persists here. I do no such thing to others, and it is not worth my time to post in a place so overtly hostile to me. 

Dude, it's Jason! We've already pointed out that the "legal" ballots are the ballots that Biden won his margin by. 

21 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Please don't stop posting. I appreciate your viewpoints and thoughts!

5 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

I'd be sad to see Warren leave the state, but if she's headed to the cabinet, cool. That said, it would be utter bullshit if Dems win both seats in Georgia, but still loss out because Baker appoints a Republican to her seat. We need to stop electing Republicans to the governorship.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

What does this mean? I don't get it.

Massachusetts has a Republican governor. If Biden elects someone from Massachusetts to his cabinet, that would leave a vacancy our Republican governor could fill. This is proposed legislation to force Baker to fill the position with another Democrat.