Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Wow. It’s almost like Biden has a concern, guess he must be insane.

Wow. It's almost like the Postmaster General appointed to fuck with the mail is causing mail to be fucked with in key locations. Gonna get myself committed for being insane though.

I'm going to predict the future. Trump will lose the election and tweet about mail in ballot fraud and try to sow chaos throughout the process. Aside from some successful challenges regarding some ballots that go past deadlines based on state law (and instead are relying on SOS and court ruling deadlines) which I might add is a perfectly legitimate way for courts to look at the law, there will likely be no other major disruptions such as states having 2 sets of electors, SCOTUS just declaring Trump the winner magically, or any other such nonsense. There will be some noise made about it just as there was noise made about certain electors not voting Trump in 2016 when they were supposed to, but it won't become a statewide effort that any governors sign off on. It will be a fringe view. Biden will be sworn in and Trump will leave like a little bitch. End of story.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I'm going to predict the future. Trump will lose the election and tweet about mail in ballot fraud and try to sow chaos throughout the process. Aside from some successful challenges regarding some ballots that go past deadlines based on state law (and instead are relying on SOS and court ruling deadlines) which I might add is a perfectly legitimate way for courts to look at the law, there will likely be no other major disruptions such as states having 2 sets of electors, SCOTUS just declaring Trump the winner magically, or any other such nonsense. There will be some noise made about it just as there was noise made about certain electors not voting Trump in 2016 when they were supposed to, but it won't become a statewide effort that any governors sign off on. It will be a fringe view. Biden will be sworn in and Trump will leave like a little bitch. End of story.

This seems the most likely outcome, although I think "Trump will leave like a little bitch" needs a bit more context.

41 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The fatal flaw off the Dems in Florida 2000 with the recount is they pushed the state to only focus on areas where they knew they could make up lots of ground. It's only when you go to a full state recount that any scenario occurs where Gore picks up enough votes to go over the top. Once the GOP figured out that the smaller recount wouldn't get the results the Dems needed, they leaned hard into keep the limited scope of the recount.

Its also important to remember this happened in December, it wasn't like SCOTUS a few days later said "STOP COUNTING!"  The entire purpose of Jan. 20th being the date of the power switch was cause it took weeks before vote tallies came in to even know who won.

15 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Yea, this is more-or-less the outcome I’m expecting. I do expect a few extra spicy moments to pop-up throughout, however! :p 

8 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Its also important to remember this happened in December, it wasn't like SCOTUS a few days later said "STOP COUNTING!"

I mean that's the game though, tie these things up for weeks (this signature doesn't match/no remediation/etc, delay in mail in votes due to usps/what to do about these even if postmarked in time and the voter follows directions given stuff like that) until the deadline then instead of just counting all the votes. It's the same as litigation on house subpoena power, they just need to run out the clock

If the margin is close enough this stuff will absolutely matter. Otherwise this is a dry run for another time, which is still absolutely an issue and something to be concerned about

And again, this bullshit could change the margin in Senate races which is probably more important if Biden wins.

Ughhhhhhh. I refused to post for months, deciding to give up on D1P entirely, and I'd been good just being a lurker. I have not been missed, so the decision was a good one. Been following the posts on this board closely, as I always have, in the interim.

But to suggest Trump won't try every single thing at his disposal once he loses the election (yep, I think he will lose), absent a Biden landslide, is hilarious. The only question to be asked is, once Biden wins the election, will any or all of Trump's post election chicanery succeed?

It's a legitimate question, one we'll likely face, and it's efficacy will entirely depend on the gap between the two candidates in the election (in terms of electoral college moreso than popular vote). To say it's not a real worry is ignorant. To say it's not worth covering the stream of news every day from the GOP about their chicanery is blind ignorance at that. Stop belittling the posters/users who have legitimate fears. It's tiring? Oh, is it tiring to doompost all the time? Is it?

Guess what. I have 4 years of evidence that back up the doomsaying regarding Trump. All you have is hope in the systems holding back a man that hasn't been held back by those very same systems (for the most part) until this point. But sure, it's all hunky dory. 

Stop condescending to those whose worries are legit. It's all based in GOP news and evidence. You can question whether they can pull it off, but you can't question Trump and co. will almost certainly try as hard as possible to pull it off. And that is frightening. And we get updates every day about some new underhanded tactic, which is why it keeps coming up in this thread. Because new shit keeps coming out, so it requires constant redress.

I know me, my posts, and my opinions have become even more pretentious and obsolete, so I am happy to fuck off as I have been, but it's almost insane as a person who follows news so closely to dismiss the constant flood of news of Trump and GOP trying to fuck with the election.

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Ughhhhhhh. I refused to post for months, deciding to give up on D1P entirely, and I'd been good just being a lurker. I have not been missed, so the decision was a good one. Been following the posts on this board closely, as I always have, in the interim.

But to suggestion Trump won't try every single thing at his disposal once he loses the election (yep, I think he will lose), absent a Biden landslide, is hilarious. The only question to be asked is, once Biden wins the election, will any or all of Trump's post election chicanery succeed?

It's a legitimate question, one we'll likely face, and it's efficacy will entirely depend on the gap between the two candidates in the election (in terms of electoral college moreso than popular vote). To say it's not a real worry is ignorant. To say it's not worth covering the stream of news every day from the GOP about their chicanery is blind ignorance at that. Stop belittling the posters/users who have legitimate fears. It's tiring? Oh, is it tiring to doompost all the time? Is it?

Guess what. I have 4 years of evidence that back up the doomsaying regarding Trump. All you have is hope in the systems holding back a man that hasn't been held back by those very same systems (for the most part) until this point. But sure, it's all hunky dory. 

Stop condescending to those whose worries are legit. It's all based in GOP news and evidence. You can question whether they can pull it off, but you can't question Trump and co. will almost certainly try as hard as possible. And that is frightening. 

Hey, I've always enjoyed your posts. No need to be so melodramatic lol.

• Like 2

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

I  missed your posts!

I appreciate that! But I no longer feel understood by IGN/BadCartridge/D1P, and I don't feel close to the users here anymore. Maybe because I'm not on Discord, or don't play games online with other users here, whatever it is. But I feel more often misunderstood and misinterpreted than anything else, and people clearly don't see any longer what I mean or where I come from.

I take time to respond carefully (to one degree or another) and I see most of that work is kind of pointless. Not to derail the thread or anything. :p 

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

Hey, I've always enjoyed your posts. No need to be so melodramatic lol.

It's not due to the Politics board. It's in general. Though that's kind of you to say! But I think I'm just sort of done. I have a lot to say, but if no one listens, heeds, or even changes their minds after all your (theoretically thoughtful) posts, then why am I bothering with all that energy and time? Could just be doing other things. It used to be fun to debate in the games and movies boards, but debate is mostly gone, etc. But thank you! :)

If it helps any, I'm just as on the edge of my seat and been following everything here as much as the rest of ya. But yeah, I don't feel I contribute fruitfully anymore to the internet.

12 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

But to suggestion Trump won't try every single thing at his disposal once he loses the election (yep, I think he will lose), absent a Biden landslide, is hilarious. The only question to be asked is, once Biden wins the election, will any or all of Trump's post election chicanery succeed?

Stop condescending to those whose worries are legit. It's all based in GOP news and evidence. You can question whether they can pull it off, but you can't question Trump and co. will almost certainly try as hard as possible to pull it off. And that is frightening. And we get updates every day about some new underhanded tactic, which is why it keeps coming up in this thread. Because new shit keeps coming out, so it requires constant redress.

I know me, my posts, and my opinions have become even more pretentious and obsolete, so I am happy to fuck off as I have been, but it's almost insane as a person who follows news so closely to dismiss the constant flood of news of Trump and GOP trying to fuck with the election.

I hope you start contributing again. I like your posts.

Edit: I also understand if you decide to scale back. There is such thing as not posting as much, but still posting some!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I hope you start contributing again. I like your posts.

This is very sweet, genuinely. You, like @Joe and @CitizenVectron, are users I respect (even though I often disagree with you and Joe!). But I dunno, I think people just find me an aggressive pesudo-intellectual who is pretentious and fascistic in his views.

Remember, if you don't own a PC, you aren't a serious gamer! (Something I never said). :p 

• Like 2

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

I appreciate that! But I no longer feel understood by IGN/BadCartridge/D1P, and I don't feel close to the users here anymore. Maybe because I'm not on Discord, or don't play games online with other users here, whatever it is. But I feel more often misunderstood and misinterpreted than anything else, and people clearly don't see any longer what I mean or where I come from.

I take time to respond carefully (to one degree or another) and I see most of that work is kind of pointless. Not to derail the thread or anything. :p 

I don't do any of those things!  I just shit post on this board and this board only. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

@Greatoneshere - seriously, please do start contributing again!

You think I should? I dunno, I'm not looking for compliments, really! I just feel like . . . I'm either wasting my time or my point isn't getting across. But, I've known you for like 10+ years (I've known a lot of you for a long time - shout out to @Ghost_MH who I have never met yet been on boards with for 19 years!) and it has been harder to go through all the politics and games and movies alone. :( Like I want to tell people about 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim! I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking things.

I do miss a lot of you guys. Maybe, I dunno, maybe I should. I mostly feel sorry for @Slug for blowing off his NFL contest since I like that contest but again, was trying to leave haha.

Ugh, I hate you guys. Especially SFLUFAN (oh, sorry, Wade; oh, sorry God Emperor of Dune). You guys are too good at this. I'll try posting moar!

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

You think I should? I dunno, I'm not looking for compliments, really! I just feel like . . . I'm either wasting my time or my point isn't getting across. But, I've known you for like 15+ years (I've known a lot of you for a long time) and it has been harder to go through all the politics and games and movies alone. :( Like I want to tell people about 13 Sentinels: Aegis RIm! I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking things.

I do miss a lot of you guys. Maybe, I dunno, Maybe I should. I mostly feel sorry for @Slug for blowing off his NFL contest since I like that contest but again, was trying to leave haha.

Ugh, I hate you guys. Especially SFLUFAN (oh, sorry, Wade; oh, sorry God Emperor of Dune). You guys are too good at this. I'll try posting moar!

Please do post more! I always enjoy how much thought you put into things. Unfortunately I often to respond to well thought-out posts with just an upvote, but I will also endeavour to engage more. And I too don't really engage on Discord, I find the concept of live chat to be really counter-productive to good discussion when there are a bunch of different topics being discussed. It's also been a long time since I've played games with anyone on here. :( I remember really fondly the days of BF3 and BF4 on Wade's server, rolling around in helicopters with everyone.

In election news:

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Please do post more! I always enjoy how much thought you put into things. Unfortunately I often to respond to well thought-out posts with just an upvote, but I will also endeavour to engage more.

In election news:

If it helps any, I do take an upvote as someone who took the time to read the post and enthusiastically agrees but has no more to add. Which I'll take!!

Man, Wal-Mart closing the gun parts of their stores and now this - it's either legit or the same false fears we had about the movie Joker (stakes are just a bit higher this time . . . ) :p 

Time for our hourly dose of panic!

Biden Aides See Warning Signs in Black, Latino Turnout So Far (Bloomberg)

Senior officials on Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s campaign are increasingly worried about insufficient Black and Latino voter turnout in key states like Florida and Pennsylvania with only four days until the election, according to people familiar with the matter.

Despite record early-vote turnout around the country, there are warning signs for Biden. In Arizona, two-thirds of Latino registered voters have not yet cast a ballot. In Florida, half of Latino and Black registered voters have not yet voted but more than half of White voters have cast ballots, according to data from Catalist, a Democratic data firm. In Pennsylvania, nearly 75% of registered Black voters have not yet voted, the data shows.