Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
THEFLASHPOINT.SUBSTACK.COM

Liberal commentators are already setting us up to expect nothing.

Liberal commentators are already throwing cold water on the idea that Trump should face any consequences for his crimes.

The Washington Post on Sunday featured an essay from Harvard professor Jill Lepore in which the historian argued that holding the president accountable stemmed from a ugly sense of vengeance rather than actual desires that Trump face repercussions for his behavior in the White House.

Suggesting that Trump be held accountable, wrote Lepore, means “the appetite for vengeance is a symptom of the same poison” as the cruelty of the administration. That’s right—calls for truth and reconciliation commissions, not even prosecutions, is the same as separating families and dropping bombs on villages from Afghanistan to Somalia.

The essay was celebrated by The New York Times’ Nicholas Kristof, who tweeted that “Lepore argues quite eloquently that [holding Trump accountable] would be a bad idea.”

:guillotine:

• Guillotine 3

14 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Read the initial thread. Great info.

I think I might have an answer for this one for those that aren't aware of what's being shared

On Spanish speaking social media. There are a TON of conservative religious memes and Trump quotes going around that friends and family keep sending me on WhatsApp. The most egregious ones saying stuff like Biden is looking to pass anti-church laws and then get all the churches in the country shut down.

It's crazy and I'm assuming there's some Spanish-speaking Russian out there churning these things out.

31 minutes ago, Jason said:
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
THEFLASHPOINT.SUBSTACK.COM

Liberal commentators are already setting us up to expect nothing.

:guillotine:

The co co bananas thing here is that a T&R commission is the compromise.

I know it won't happen but that these people keep getting away with crimes means that this shit will keep happening

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The co co bananas thing here is that a T&R commission is the compromise.

I know it won't happen but that these people keep getting away with crimes means that this shit will keep happening

Yeah, but if we vote Trump out that means everyone will abide by the unwritten norms.

7 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Yeah, but if we vote Trump out that means everyone will abide by the unwritten norms.

I know you don't believe this, but the fucking worst part is that there are Dems with actual power who actually believe this bullshit. Because they're in the club and you and I aren't.

55 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I think I might have an answer for this one for those that aren't aware of what's being shared

On Spanish speaking social media. There are a TON of conservative religious memes and Trump quotes going around that friends and family keep sending me on WhatsApp. The most egregious ones saying stuff like Biden is looking to pass anti-church laws and then get all the churches in the country shut down.

It's crazy and I'm assuming there's some Spanish-speaking Russian out there churning these things out.

The call is coming from inside the house... 

4 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Yuuup. Seeing the same things. It's sickening. Lots of like really weird anti choice stuff too.

On Meet the Press this morning, they mentioned that Republicans are outpacing Democrats in new voter registrations in swing states. Perhaps it's just paranoia because of 2016, but I don't think this one is going to be as rosy as the polls are saying.  I'm hoping that these are just articles that are being written because shit needs to be written and the media would love a tightened race that comes right down to the wire. 

Here's an article for reference: 

O2UWHQRQKJAADPTCWUUKANFHTE.jpg
WWW.TAMPABAY.COM

22 minutes ago, Chollowa said:

On Meet the Press this morning, they mentioned that Republicans are outpacing Democrats in new voter registrations in swing states. Perhaps it's just paranoia because of 2016, but I don't think this one is going to be as rosy as the polls are saying.  I'm hoping that these are just articles that are being written because shit needs to be written and the media would love a tightened race that comes right down to the wire. 

Here's an article for reference: 

In the case of Florida, it's "Dixiecrats" that are finally changing their voter registration to Republican.

But, yes - this is absolutely going to be closer than the polls indicate and will more than likely (definitely?) end up in the court system.

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

His facial expression of amused contempt is priceless.

Just about the only thing me and Trump agree on is that Christianity is laughable bullshit.

The horror of having him as president has really overridden an sense of vindication I have had over his existence proving the moral bankruptcy of Christianity in America. But when this nightmare is over, you better believe I'll be doubling back to throw it in their face.

It's not just how hypocritical they've been. It's also just how little effort Trump has had to exert to get them to eat out of his hand.

These are the same people whose beliefs and media are saturated with end time ideas about how the antichrist will be there to trick people into thinking he is the good guy.

Obviously I think this is all bunk, but it's good to know that Christians are so easily fooled by a man that is roughly the equivalent of a stereotypical red devil wearing a glasses with mustache disguise.

Because my opinion means nothing, I'm still going on record again that joe wins by a larger margin than the polls indicated.

If I'm wrong odds are there's gonna be bigger problems than you all quoting me telling me I'm wrong. But if not, whew folks, I'm going to be even more insufferable (is that possible?!?)