Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Though it is repugnant and bankrupt, I understand how or why people might support Trump; I cannot understand how or why they blind themselves to the reality of his chances. It’s one thing to delude yourself into supporting someone, it’s another thing entirely to delude yourself to the numbers. 

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

Though it is repugnant and bankrupt, I understand how or why people might support Trump; I cannot understand how or why they blind themselves to the reality of his chances. It’s one thing to delude yourself into supporting someone, it’s another thing entirely to delude yourself to the numbers. 

Trumpism is all about denying reality and making your own. 

16 minutes ago, Chris- said:

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Trumpism is all about denying reality and making your own. 

Ehhhh, you mean Republicanism.

They were denying this in 2012. UnskewedPolls.com, remember? The good job numbers were fake/fixed. Romney yard signs and rallies.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Okay, wtf is this Hunter Biden laptop nonsense I see all the Republicans posting about on Facebook?

Normally, I’d just Google it myself, but I fear it will make my brain melt.

"but his emails" but somehow even stupider

Okay, wtf is this Hunter Biden laptop nonsense I see all the Republicans posting about on Facebook?

dont even bother.  like all other dumb stories they latch onto it is easily disprovable in like less than 5 min

So you know those fake ballot boxes the California GOP has been putting up? Go figure, they have a history of this shit.

original.jpg
WWW.THEATLANTIC.COM

Republican California State Assemblymembers sent out mailers pointing people to an official-looking Obamacare site aimed at "help you navigate" the health care changes it then disparages.

Hunter Biden allegedly drove across the country and left 3 macbooks with a repair shop in NYC. Then, after 90 days, the shop owner claimed the devices and went through thousands of emails, learning that it was Hunter Biden's. Giuliani says Hunter Biden was drunk when he dropped it off, the shop owner says he doesn't remember who dropped it off. Now, the FBI and others are investigating the situation as a foreign intelligence (Russian) operation. So the emails are most certainly fake, and the whole thing is fake. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I think it goes something like this.  A man dropped off a laptop to be fixed, that man may or may not have been Hunter Biden, no one ever picked it up, the computer repair guy went through it and supposedly found e-mails to Joe Biden claiming to set up a meeting with Burisma execs or something, along with videos of Hunter doing drugs and hookers or something, lol.  Of course the first person this Trump supporting repair man contacts is Rudy Guiliani and Steve Bannon, cause naturally thats what you do, lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Hunter Biden allegedly drove across the country and left 3 macbooks with a repair shop in NYC. Then, after 90 days, the shop owner claimed the devices and went through thousands of emails, learning that it was Hunter Biden's. Giuliani says Hunter Biden was drunk when he dropped it off, the shop owner says he doesn't remember who dropped it off. Now, the FBI and others are investigating the situation as a foreign intelligence (Russian) operation. So the emails are most certainly fake, and the whole thing is fake. 

1e9.gif

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Right-wing press: laptop obtained from Delaware repair shop and given to Giuliani/Bannon contains iron-clad proof Hunter Biden obtained government favors for Ukrainian company he worked for, diddled kids, engaged in money-laundering schemes, some of the proceeds of which went to Joe Biden

Left-wing press: sketchy laptop obtained by sketchy means from Delaware computer repair shop and sketchily given to Giuliani/Bannon supposedly contains sketchy intel on Hunter Biden--very possibly Russian disinformation

Hard to parse what's true through the cloud of spin--it'd be nice for there to be a calm inspection of the laptop, the circumstances of its appearance and disclosure, etc. that impartially determines said truth, and no one jumps to any conclusions of any sort before it is done; but it's two weeks before the election, so it's all going to be extremely politicized, and everyone's going to jump to the conclusion that favors their candidate.  

On the subject of bare-knuckled election strategy, though, if this was supposed to be Trump's 'silver bullet', he should have released a few weeks ago, so it had more time to 'simmer'.  The Comey memo hurt Hillary because it played into a pre-existing 'scandal'.  This is all brand-new, and it's very possible it will probably be too much for anyone to fully process before they've already cast their vote.  Honestly, I kind of expected something like this, but I expected it in September or maybe just after Biden de facto clinched the nomination.  If this is all being orchestrated by Trump or Trump allies, their political assassination skills are sorta lousy. (or maybe just rusty)