Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

I was going to joke that it's like enjoying the Book of Mormon but not, ya know, for the Mormonisn or enjoying Dionetics but not for the Scientology. But then I thought, well yeah that's the kind of pandering politicians do.

Now that Ayn Rand officially the patron saint of rugged individualists who can't stay isolated for two weeks, we'll probably see more "moderate" Dems doing the same thing they do with other nonsense. You tell the people their stupid beliefs aren't stupid...they're just different than their own. Their sacred texts aren't garbled nonsense or antiquated irrelevant bullshit..they're rich, valuable tomes which can be cherished without necessarily sharing their beliefs.

Speaking of, @GeneticBlueprint might enjoy this. 

The Dollop recently released a live episode of their podcast that was recorded in Utah. The subject... Mark Hofman and the Salamander. 

https://art19.com/shows/the-dollop/episodes/b3f5337b-e5a8-4319-a721-56d18a9ec89f

Give it a listen if you have an hour and a half. I'm sure you know at least the high points of this. If not... get ready for a wild ride. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Well, even if (when?) Biden loses, getting the Senate and holding the House would at least be something.

So you think losing the presidency is all but certain, yet we might take the Senate? Wat.

4 minutes ago, Jose said:

So you think losing the presidency is all but certain, yet we might take the Senate? Wat.

Yeah these don't really vibe together unless there's enough people who like their dem senate candidate but won't vote Biden. Which I don't see

4 hours ago, CayceG said:

Speaking of, @GeneticBlueprint might enjoy this. 

The Dollop recently released a live episode of their podcast that was recorded in Utah. The subject... Mark Hofman and the Salamander. 

https://art19.com/shows/the-dollop/episodes/b3f5337b-e5a8-4319-a721-56d18a9ec89f

Give it a listen if you have an hour and a half. I'm sure you know at least the high points of this. If not... get ready for a wild ride. 

Very familiar with that but I will definitely give it a listen.

High points for those interested: Mormon prophets claiming they have discernment and speak directly to God paid money to a forger because they believed him when he said he had a document written in Joseph Smith's own hand claiming God spoke to him through a salamander. Said forger then killed a bunch of people with pipe bombs to try to cover it up when people--who were actually critics of the Mormon church--started pointing out that he was full of shit and a fake. 

2 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

Well, even if (when?) Biden loses, getting the Senate and holding the House would at least be something.

Biden currently is at a stronger polling position than Clinton was, especially with older generations, which is likely why Dems have a better chance of taking the senate.

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Has anyone posted about the woman who was harassed by Biden when she was 14?

He looked at her breasts and commented that she was well-endowed for a 14-year old, at a campaign event.

Its apparently a complete fabrication cause Biden was never at the dinner.

40 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Its apparently a complete fabrication cause Biden was never at the dinner.

You’d think that someone would check these things before writing such an article.

Oh. Wait. It’s 2020 and journalistic integrity has been dead for over 20 years. Fuck.

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Has anyone posted about the woman who was harassed by Biden when she was 14?

He looked at her breasts and commented that she was well-endowed for a 14-year old, at a campaign event.

There is an updated story/tweet thread that he wasn’t at that event in question that year.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Okay, this meme is BS and the shit photoshopping makes me think it was def made by a Trumper... but I still laughed

A9-ADC95-F-CFD3-4666-AA34-850-AF95-A98-F

Yeah I disagree with the message, but that's still hilarious.

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

The air is thick with desperation for a scandal to take down Joe Biden.

Especially there is already a treasure trove of things they can go after with his failson, unless they are nervous about similar scrutiny on Trump's failfamily

16 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

My vote is it was made by a Berniebro. Trumpers don’t believe he raped or sexually assaulted anyone, and don’t care. In that order. 

That’s very incorrect. The same people who gave two shits about all of the allegations against Trump and criticized Christine Blasey Ford for her allegations against Kavanaugh are now suddenly SUPER concerned about this woman’s allegations against Biden.

18 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

That’s very incorrect. The same people who gave two shits about all of the allegations against Trump and criticized Christine Blasey Ford for her allegations against Kavanaugh are now suddenly SUPER concerned about this woman’s allegations against Biden.

Oh I see the hypocrisy on when they seem to care about sexual misconduct allegations. I just mean to say a Trumper wouldn’t call him out as a rapist. They either don’t believe it or don’t dare when it comes to the Dotard. They wouldn’t have put it on the box art. 

the joke is that they’re basically the same horrible human being. Something a Trumper would not admit to. A Berniebro definitely would say that though. 

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Oh I see the hypocrisy on when they seem to care about sexual misconduct a ligations. I just mean to say a Trumper wouldn’t call him out as a rapist.

Anecdotally, there’s plenty of Trumpers on my social media feeds saying just that.
Also, “Berniebros” tend to have better photoshop skills in my experience. :p 

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Anecdotally, there’s plenty of Trumpers on my social media feeds saying just that.
Also, “Berniebros” tend to have better photoshop skills in my experience. :p 

The only reason I could see a Trumper saying Donald is the same as a Democrat and they’re both terrible people, is as a last effort to try and say “devil you know, at least” to excuse their continued support for Donald. 

as for Berniebro, it is probable they posses better photoshop skills. I do wonder if they lack to motivation to use them. Whether that apathy be chemically induced or not. :P 

How Trump has Broken The Polls

The Ipsos poll is just the latest to find Biden ahead. He's never not been ahead in the polling average. Right now, Biden has an average-6 point lead nationally and is up in key battleground states such as Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. What's the point: The polls clearly show that Biden is ahead and by a larger margin than Hillary Clinton was on the eve of the 2016 election. You might think that would make people believe that Biden is more likely to win, even if it were far from a certainty.

Yet, the evidence suggests that Trump's surprising 2016 victory has warped people into believing that Trump has some magic up his sleeve. They don't believe he will lose.

An average of recent polls finds that a majority of voters (about 55%) believe that Trump will defeat Biden in the election. Trump's edge on this question has remained fairly consistent over time. A majority or plurality of voters thought he'd be re-elected in a February Fox News poll and a September 2019 Marist College poll. During none of these periods was Trump ahead when pollsters asked voters who they would vote for, not who they thought would win.

Historically, the question of who people thought would win had actually been a pretty good predictor. One study even determined that from 1988 to 2012, asking people who they believed would win was more accurate than polls of voter preference of who they wanted to win. Voters, though, thought that Clinton would beat Trump in 2016. Of course, she did not. Now, it seems Americans have probably overreacted to the 2016 result. They don't trust the numbers that are in front of them. Americans think the polls are underestimating Republicans.

You can see this really well by looking not just at the 2020 polls, but the 2018 polling as well. Gallup asked Americans just before that election whether they thought Democrats or Republicans would control the US House after the election. By a 50% to 44% margin, they said Republicans. This came even as Democrats were clear favorites in pretty much every forecast and when that same Gallup poll showed Democrats with an 11-point lead on the generic congressional ballot. This 2018 poll marked the first time that Americans incorrectly forecasted who would win the House. Americans had previously correctly called every other House election and flip of the chamber in the years Gallup polled (1946, 1948, 2006 and 2010).

For 2020, it seems that Americans are continuing to think that the polls are underestimating Republicans. That may be the case, but it seems like a bad bet given that polls did pretty well in 2018. My advice would be that in gauging the electorate, you shouldn't be of the mindset that Trump is going to pull it out if the polls continue to suggest he won't. Even Trump's own polling reportedly has him behind. Trump's a politician, not a magician.

20 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

The only reason I could see a Trumper saying Donald is the same as a Democrat and they’re both terrible people, is as a last effort to try and say “devil you know, at least” to excuse their continued support for Donald. 

as for Berniebro, it is probable they posses better photoshop skills. I do wonder if they lack to motivation to use them. Whether that apathy be chemically induced or not. :P 

One conspiracy theory I've heard is that the Biden rape thing was pushed by someone on the Bernie side (not necessarily from his camp or with his knowledge) in order to pressure Biden to drop out so that Bernie would ultimately be the nominee. This is why you've seen such an uptick in "Biden is so terrible" messaging on the internet coming not from Republicans, but from The Left. I tend to discount most baseless conspiracy theories... people can imagine a bunch of shit, but that's what I've been hearing.

I don’t think it’s magic. It’s a fear of a large chunk of his supporters who aren’t being polled, and much like in 2016, many “independents” that are being polled not admitting they will support Donald for fear of being labeled a racist. Basically people not being sampled and lying. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I should clarify that when I say that a Trumper made it, I’m not referencing the jackass at a rally screaming “lock her up”, I’m referencing the one who organized the (short)bus to bring those jackasses: it was made to make equivalencies to sway a right-leaning independent.

14 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

One conspiracy theory I've heard is that the Biden rape thing was pushed by someone on the Bernie side (not necessarily from his camp or with his knowledge) in order to pressure Biden to drop out so that Bernie would ultimately be the nominee. This is why you've seen such an uptick in "Biden is so terrible" messaging on the internet coming not from Republicans, but from The Left. I tend to discount most baseless conspiracy theories... people can imagine a bunch of shit, but that's what I've been hearing.

It's not really a conspiracy theory. They've all but admitted it.