Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

So who do you suggest then that both somehow passes your purity test and has an acceptable level of experience? That candidate does not even exist. 

Whoever Biden picks will almost certainly have more experience and be less left-leaning than Abrams. You guys will complain about it. Self-defeatism ftw.

I do not care who the VP is, it doesn't affect my vote. I don't think there's a good pick out there, but I'm willing to be convinced. I'd prefer an ideological progressive, as what I'm concerned with is the future of the party, and pushing it leftward, along with providing an additional check in the Senate on Biden's seemingly innate want to work with republicans.

What makes you think she's particularly left leaning? Again, I genuinely do not know.

33 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I do not care who the VP is, it doesn't affect my vote. I don't think there's a good pick out there, but I'm willing to be convinced. I'd prefer an ideological progressive, as what I'm concerned with is the future of the party, and pushing it leftward, along with providing an additional check in the Senate on Biden's seemingly innate want to work with republicans.

What makes you think she's particularly left leaning? Again, I genuinely do not know.

She ran on a platform of Medicaid expansion in the Deep South and almost won. She would almost certainly support M4A based on interviews she's given on the subject.

Oh man, the right wing shit machine would HATE Stacy Abrams so much. An overweight black woman who doesn't look like a super model? They would lose their shit.

Any woman who is under 60 and isn't at least an 7 or 8 on the attractive scale is instantly shunned as an unfuckable harpy worthy of immediate derision. Any female who isn't naturally beautiful and/or doesn't put a massive amount of effort into being attractive is something they can't even understand. They may as well be a space alien.

What is this, a female I don't want to fuck? Get it away from me. BOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOO! DOES NOT COMPUTE.

1 hour ago, Jose said:

She ran on a platform of Medicaid expansion in the Deep South and almost won. She would almost certainly support M4A based on interviews she's given on the subject.

not a knock on her, but it really is shocking that more don't run on medicaid expansion. its popular even in red, red, red states like ID and UT

3 hours ago, Chadatog said:

Stacy Abrams is super smart, and can very clearly get her point across when speaking/being interviewed.  Also I think it was said here before that she would be insurance that the R's would not try to impeach Biden.

100%. I’ve been hoping that Stacey Abrams would be the DNC nominee’s VP pick for awhile now.

8 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I figure Amash hurts Trump more than he hurts Biden.  He's more conservative in a lot of ways than Trump.  But then again, he's a lot more liberal than Biden in some areas.

But he's also anti-abortion, for example. He's not the most extreme Republican out there in terms of being anti-abortion but he's also pretty far right of where the typical Democratic voter is, I think, and abortion is a pretty hut-button issue.

1 minute ago, osxmatt said:

Amash has voted with Trump nearly 90% since the start of 2019.

He's hardly even an Independent. He was effectively kicked out of the GOP caucus. 

I'm not sure what type of argument you are trying to make.  Angus King and Sanders are both independent, but they pretty much vote lockstep inline the Democrats.

If anything, the fact that Amash votes 90% of the time with other Republicans is a strong point if he wants to win over never Trumper Republican voters - Vote Amash and you get conservative policies without all of the mind numbing and embarassing theatrics of Trump. 

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

I'm not sure what type of argument you are trying to make.  Angus King and Sanders are both independent, but they pretty much vote lockstep inline the Democrats.

If anything, the fact that Amash votes 90% of the time with other Republicans is a strong point if he wants to win over never Trumper Republican voters - Vote Amash and you get conservative policies without all of the mind numbing and embarassing theatrics of Trump. 

Those theatrics aren't mind numbing and embarrassing to Republicans. It's *literally* the reason Republicans support him.

My point is Amash isn't running as Libertarian because he's running Libertarian. He's a Republican that no longer has a home in the GOP.

1 minute ago, osxmatt said:

Those theatrics aren't mind numbing and embarrassing to Republicans. It's *literally* the reason Republicans support him.

My point is Amash isn't running as Libertarian because he's running Libertarian. He's a Republican that no longer has a home in the GOP.

Fair enough.  But the same thing with Gary Johnson in 2012 (and 2016).  He was running for President as a Republican, but dropped out, joined the LP, and ran for President for that party.  He felt he didn't have a home anymore - and that was with the standard white bread GOP nominee Romney.  Now you have a pussy grabbing, impeached Trump leading the party.  Amash definitely doesn't have a home there. 

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Fair enough.  But the same thing with Gary Johnson in 2012 (and 2016).  He was running for President as a Republican, but dropped out, joined the LP, and ran for President for that party.  He felt he didn't have a home anymore - and that was with the standard white bread GOP nominee Romney.  Now you have a pussy grabbing, impeached Trump leading the party.  Amash definitely doesn't have a home there. 

This prompted me to look at the 2016 election results to check out Gary Johnson's vote total.

I totally forgot Colin Powell finished third in electoral votes.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I could, and was, at least get somewhat excited for hilldawg's candidacy. 

Biden though? Lol

I never thought Trump would make me miss Hilary. Sure she was a corrupt corporate shill, but at least we’d have some competence in the office. As I get older I start to understand @Emperor Diocletian II more. If you’re going to be a corrupt jerkstore fascist the least you can do is make the trains run on time.

2 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I never thought Trump would make me miss Hilary. Sure she was a corrupt corporate shill, but at least we’d have some competence in the office. As I get older I start to understand @Emperor Diocletian II more. If you’re going to be a corrupt jerkstore fascist the least you can do is make the trains run on time.

There also would have been the brief moment where social progress continues (not so much for economic progress though)