Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

On 5/4/2020 at 1:32 PM, PaladinSolo said:

Be interesting to hear how people were negatively impacted cause a city decided to mail them an application for absentee voting.

..... Tried to think of a logical reason, couldn’t even think a of decent illogical one.

That just means it will be easier to block. Lol

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Jesus FUCKING Christ

When is the primary? If it's any consolation, I feel like Kennedy was leading by a lot last fall.

11 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

This is quite the effective ad.

https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/1258431648732872706?s=21

Good ad. REALLY good ad, imo.

It's true that you can over-learn the lessons from the previous election. So my amateur analysis would be that going after his character by how his character affects American lives is more effective than just bad stuff he said.

Then again, if the character argument didn't work in 2016, no point in repeating it when he now has a record.

Trump is preparing a huge negative onslaught of ads, though there's disagreement in his camp as to whether he should do that or be more positive amid the pandemic.

7 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

When is the primary? If it's any consolation, I feel like Kennedy was leading by a lot last fall.

It's true that you can over-learn the lessons from the previous election. So my amateur analysis would be that going after his character by how his character affects American lives is more effective than just bad stuff he said.

Then again, if the character argument didn't work in 2016, no point in repeating it when he now has a record.

Trump is preparing a huge negative onslaught of ads, though there's disagreement in his camp as to whether he should do that or be more positive amid the pandemic.

June I think

5 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

• Guillotine 1

13 hours ago, Jason said:

I’m baffled as to why all this is coming out now, and wasn’t brought up during the primary, when the Dems still had the chance to ditch Biden.  I mean, I think Biden would lose anyway, but the Dems have *zero* chance if he drops out now and there’s no time for people to coalesce around an alternative.  And this is making them look really bad in light of what went on with Kavanaugh and Franken.

Why weren’t we hearing about this a few months ago?  Wtf was the press doing sleeping on this story?

2 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Why weren’t we hearing about this a few months ago?  Wtf was the press doing sleeping on this story?

I think I've read that the press had dug into this story in the past but didn't find enough credible/corroborating evidence to run it. I'm also starting to get very dismissive about the whole thing based on the way she is conducting herself. While I think this will hurt party unity as a whole I think biden will still win because he is doing well with demographics that really could care less and are who he needs to beat out trump. 

-edit-

I also agree that this should have all came out at the start of the primaries, not after it was down to two and no chance in hell would bernie be able to make up the delta.

12 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I think I've read that the press had dug into this story in the past but didn't find enough credible/corroborating evidence to run it. I'm also starting to get very dismissive about the whole thing based on the way she is conducting herself. While I think this will hurt party unity as a whole I think biden will still win because he is doing well with demographics that really could care less and are who he needs to beat out trump. 

-edit-

I also agree that this should have all came out at the start of the primaries, not after it was down to two and no chance in hell would bernie be able to make up the delta.

The timing and shifting story has basically made me ignore it.

4 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I’m baffled as to why all this is coming out now, and wasn’t brought up during the primary, when the Dems still had the chance to ditch Biden.  I mean, I think Biden would lose anyway, but the Dems have *zero* chance if he drops out now and there’s no time for people to coalesce around an alternative.  And this is making them look really bad in light of what went on with Kavanaugh and Franken.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190404044615/https://medium.com/@shewrites94/why-a-liberal-democrat-supports-vladimir-putin-f54ca2a3a405

28 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Interesting version of microtargeting:

Brilliant.

It's not just microtargeting to enrage the manchild, it is using Trump's own playbook against him.

He got so much free advertising in 2016 by saying crazy shit the networks lapped up mindlessly. How do you combat that? Run an ad designed to make Trump so pissy that he he Streisands himself.

59 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Brilliant.

It's not just microtargeting to enrage the manchild, it is using Trump's own playbook against him.

He got so much free advertising in 2016 by saying crazy shit the networks lapped up mindlessly. How do you combat that? Run an ad designed to make Trump so pissy that he he Streisands himself.

Awesome. Next make him rant about something dumb af like... rant against pink plastic. No plastic should be pink!!!