Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

I’ve seen multiple people on left Twitter bemoan that Bernie has become a ‘company man’, which just goes the show you those rubes don’t have a fucking clue about political organizing. Plenty of reasons to be skeptical, but this is a good first step toward getting the progressive wing in an actionable position with Biden. 

9 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I’ve seen multiple people on left Twitter bemoan that Bernie has become a ‘company man’, which just goes the show you those rubes don’t have a fucking clue about political organizing. Plenty of reasons to be skeptical, but this is a good first step toward getting the progressive wing in an actionable position with Biden. 

And add in the fact that Biden can, and will, be pressured from the left, and that he is amenable to that, is a good thing!

People tend to forget that Obama was fairly hands off on police issues until he got heat from BLM folks and then we started seeing consent decrees coming from his DOJ. I know it isn't a big, sexy issue like the GND or M4A but even still a return to Obama here alone is worth a vote for Biden. I'd have preferred better, and that's why I supported Bernie, but Biden (I believe) can be moved on many of these things especially if he doesn't go for reelection.

38 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

He's not really wrong though.  The federal and state governments don't have the ability or constitutional authority to track people without their consent.  The best thing the federal government can do right now is be a strong advocate for proven mitigation strategies that also align with US law - practice social distancing, wear a mask, work from home, etc.  

Ultimately it will be up to every individual person and business owner to slow the spread until a vaccine is created.  

Caveat:  we will still fail horribly at doing those things as a whole, and we will have excess deaths because of it.  

And there's the rub.

But these tweets aren't pointing out his rigid interpretation of a document that is largely useless today. Rather, showing he's just like pretty much any other conservative trying to appeal to dimwits who fear or don't understand science.

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What the hell is he talking about? Wasn't that a Republican seat to begin with?

It was a Republican seat for 26 years prior to 2018 when Katie Hill won and flipped it blue. She resigned, last night was the special election to fill the seat for the remainder of her term. So it's hardly a surprise. 

I think it would be a huge surprise if the seat flips back to the Dems in November and the double digit loss can't be seen as a good thing for that seat in November. There's no way in hell that California is in play, but I don't think a sustained shutdown without some additional stimulus will play well with moderates in this State. It's already too fucking expensive to live here, between this and AB5 I know alot of people pissed off at Democrats at the State Legislature level. 

19 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What the hell is he talking about? Wasn't that a Republican seat to begin with?

First time a seat in CA has "flipped" to the GOP in that time. But it's a fucktarded talking point because Katie Hill was the one to flip it in the first place from being a long-held GOP seat

11 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Graham said hes not going to do this, I'm just imagining Trump being hauled in front of a Dem congress and giving statements under oath.

How has Trump never seen the inside of a courtroom? Ever. Even before he was President?

6 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

What big scandal is he even talking about?

There is no scandal... this is all about tarnishing Obama and by extension Biden. This is Trump's gambit to get re-elected. They're doing the same thing to Fauci... attack the person and bring them down to Trump's level. It's the only thing he can do now. Accuse the other side of the things that are true about you... Trump learned this from Roy Cohn. The American people are dumb enough to fall for it. We don't have any journalists good enough to really take this buffoon down either because they get so flustered with him that they get thrown off their games.