Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

My Libertarian friend is trying to get me to vote for Amash.

Fuck, I'm actually somewhat considering it, just because he doesn't fucking gross me out like Trump and Biden and my vote isn't gonna count for shit in Arkansas, anyway. It's just that I disagree with nearly all of his positions.

I hate this country.

The Green Party should have ballot access in Arkansas. Or write someone in. If you don't agree with a certain candidate, don't vote for them.  Vote for who you like.

Just now, mclumber1 said:

The Green Party should have ballot access in Arkansas. Or write someone in. If you don't agree with a certain candidate, don't vote for them.  Vote for who you like.

Problem is, I don't really like any of them. Just for different reasons. I respect Amash on a personal level, but disagree with most of his positions. I dislike Biden on a personal level, but his positions are closest to mine. But the sexual assault accusations are just about the final straw for me. Trump, well, he's shit on every level and I'd vote for a drunken baboon over him.

It's increasingly seeming like the latest purported witnesses to Reade's account have either been coached or hooked up with an unabashed Bernie pushing/anti-Biden "journalist" who didn't care if it looked like he was coaching witnesses (and has impacted the credibility quite badly either way).

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

It's increasingly seeming like the latest purported witnesses to Reade's account have either been coached or hooked up with an unabashed Bernie pushing/anti-Biden "journalist" who didn't care if it looked like he was coaching witnesses (and has impacted the credibility quite badly either way).

Link?

10 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I'm not sure what type of argument you are trying to make.  Angus King and Sanders are both independent, but they pretty much vote lockstep inline the Democrats.

If anything, the fact that Amash votes 90% of the time with other Republicans is a strong point if he wants to win over never Trumper Republican voters - Vote Amash and you get conservative policies without all of the mind numbing and embarassing theatrics of Trump. 

Angus King is not lockstep with Democrats. He's actually more moderate and has a 38.8% score in voting with Trump.

I now kind of understand where people come from when they say they feel talked down to in political conversations, because this entire discourse pisses me off. Like, I don’t like Biden and don’t want him on the ticket; there’s also nothing I can do about it, so shut the fuck up!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Why won't you believe this woman you misogynist shitbag? 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

I now kind of understand where people come from when they say they feel talked down to in political conversations, because this entire discourse pisses me off. Like, I don’t like Biden and don’t want him on the ticket; there’s also nothing I can do about it, so shut the fuck up!

You're going to vote for an old rapist and you are going to like it. 

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

So should we investigate Biden and sees if he lies under oath?

Yep!

White House Correspondents' Association President Jonathan Karl told Fox News on Wednesday that presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is "going to have to answer these questions" regarding allegations by former staffer Tara Reade that he sexually assaulted her in 1993. 

Karl made the remarks after he was asked by Fox News's Ed Henry about whether there has been a double standard in terms of how the media has handled the Biden allegations versus accusations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh during his confirmation battle. 

1 minute ago, Anathema- said:

It has been investigated and it has not yet been a credible accusation. If it becomes credible then sure absolutely but until then the situations aren't comparable.

What makes this accusation less credible than Ford's?

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

YES. I dont't think anyone is saying they shouldn't. Investigate the dude... or are we just presuming he's guilty?

Not presuming he's guilty, but I just see blind defense of the guy from the Dems.

14 minutes ago, Jose said:

Not presuming he's guilty, but I just see blind defense of the guy from the Dems.

I haven't seen that. I've seen a lot of silence or I've seen people say that they actually believe him. Stacy Abrams said she did last night. She said she believes him but that Ford's allegations should be investigated. She even explained the difference between this and the Kavanaugh thing.

15 minutes ago, johnny said:

A couple democrats on this board acting like the republicans. You hate to see it. 

I don't know if this is a subliminal shot at me, but if you check my history regarding this topic you'll find I've always been consistent when it comes to stuff like this and my position has always been this: Don't presume judgement EITHER way when allegations like this arise but investigate. I don't see the problem with that. If that makes me a hypocrite then :shrug:

Biden's case certainly is interesting in that some reporters are saying that they can't corroborate the woman's claims (or those of the people she told, including that they've changed their stories) which is why they never ran the story, and others are saying that they can. There's so much FUD right now that it's impossible to tell what is real and what is politically-motivated (in terms of coverage of the story).

When you believe all women, you actually believe all women when they make accusations. Studies have shown that women nearly never lie when they accuse someone of sexual assault.

At the very least, you could call for an investigation.

Dems are doing neither of these. Just saying they believe Biden.

At the end of the day, I'm still voting for him, but we should at least be able to call this out as horseshit.

Reporters do investigations before they report. It's fair to assume that multiple big outlets not running this story is because the investigations don't credibly pan out. Calling for investigations from law enforcement when a story doesn't hold up even with a favorable investigator is a bit extra and when we're talking about presidential candidates the bar for that is set higher. That's not immoral, it recognizes how visibility can increase the chances of a false report.

Believe women is about taking their accusations seriously, not excusing the red flags of an inconsistent story just because there's a vagina.

I mean, let's not get it twisted here. The comparison isn't to Christine Ford, it's to Julie Swetnick. 

If more information comes out then fine but I don't see where anyone is obligated to continue pushing a story that looks bogus from every angle.

14 minutes ago, Jose said:

When you believe all women, you actually believe all women when they make accusations. Studies have shown that women nearly never lie when they accuse someone of sexual assault.

At the very least, you could call for an investigation.

Dems are doing neither of these. Just saying they believe Biden.

At the end of the day, I'm still voting for him, but we should at least be able to call this out as horseshit.

Definitely. I will say that reporters have a higher standard for what to print, however. There have been situations (from the veritas project?) where they make fake accusations that fall apart quickly under reporter scrutiny. That is why, before running a story, reporters should at least check a few things like: is there a record of the person having the job, did they work there at the time they allege the incident to have occurred, etc. But if those basic facts line up, then the accusations (historically) seem to be true.