Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

7 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The GOP will refuse to follow suit to own the libs, but will end up playing themselves. 

Or the state will take it to SCOTUS who will rule that cities are only legal constructions allowed by the states, so the state can overrule this and stop it. OR Trump shuts down the USPS in October over funding issues.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Or the state will take it to SCOTUS who will rule that cities are only legal constructions allowed by the states, so the state can overrule this and stop it. OR Trump shuts down the USPS in October over funding issues.

Yeah, you're probably right. 

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Be interesting to hear how people were negatively impacted cause a city decided to mail them an application for absentee voting.

They will argue that the postage paid on the ballots will cause the city/state to go further into debt.

15 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Be interesting to hear how people were negatively impacted cause a city decided to mail them an application for absentee voting.

they would be citizens who are concerned that the cities are doing things that the state has not permitted. 

Doesn't really matter what the standing is, there's gonna be a bullshit reason that the GOP state supreme court or the GOP infected federal courts will latch onto. It's not always logical when they're just going for raw power grabs using the pretense of legalism.

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

But can you imagine the amount of money GOP donors could make if their party held onto power for another 4 years?

I mean they'd be saying that the billions of dollars invested into Foxconn is now void cause it causes the debt to increase, tax cuts ect... It'd be such a monumental own goal.

What's even the difference between vote by mail and absentee balloting? People already vote by mail, and honestly I don't see why we even bother going to the polls. We should all just be mailing in our ballots instead of fretting over what day of the week elections should be, if it should be some sort of holiday or whatever. Just mail everyone a ballot and let them mail it back. We still have a post office until Trump cancels it. 

3 minutes ago, Dodger said:

What's even the difference between vote by mail and absentee balloting? People already vote by mail, and honestly I don't see why we even bother going to the polls. We should all just be mailing in our ballots instead of fretting over what day of the week elections should be, if it should be some sort of holiday or whatever. Just mail everyone a ballot and let them mail it back. We still have a post office until Trump cancels it. 

There is no big deal, and in fact it makes voting easier. I think the GOP opposes it because it would do exactly that—make voting easier, and that (theoretically) hurts them. However, research has been iffy on if that is true.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

There is no big deal, and in fact it makes voting easier. I think the GOP opposes it because it would do exactly that—make voting easier, and that (theoretically) hurts them. However, research has been iffy on if that is true.

I thought I saw before that Absentee ballots favor the GOP since they mostly come from rural/conservative areas. And lets be honest, mail is an old people thing, Republicans should be all over it. 

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Vote by mail increases turnout, and increased turnout is usually bad for the GOP.

17 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I thought I saw before that Absentee ballots favor the GOP since they mostly come from rural/conservative areas. And lets be honest, mail is an old people thing, Republicans should be all over it. 

It also increases turnout in urban areas for people who can't get in to vote due to work, public transit, etc. These groups are normally the ones suppressed by GOP efforts.

37 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

By mail would by pass some of the GOP’s prizes voter suppression measures. Like reduced hours for polling places. It would make it easier for the people who don’t vote GOP to vote. 

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

Take a second to appreciate just how similar a play Trump is now running on blue states that he played with Puerto Rico.

The coronovirus is no longer a serious threat, it is merely am excuse for the mouchers. Just like Maria was for Puerto Rico.

I am not as critical of Pelosi and Dems on their negotiations as some on the left, but they better hold out for anything they really want in this next bill because it will almost certainly be the last one before at least the election.

There wouldn't even be another bill except that shielding companies from liability is a pretty important cog in their plan to force people back to work with all the risk put on the workers and none assumed by the rich.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

And what does any of this stuff have to do with the Pandemic?

It has to do with it in the same way that missing cash has to do with a lost and found wallet. Everyone takes advantage of a situation (is what Trump and associates think), so why not take advantage of this one in a big way?

3 hours ago, Dodger said:

You have to request an absentee ballot, fill out the form and send it in or whatever.  If all anyone had to do was fill in some bubbles on a form and drop it off on the way to work or stick it back in their own mailbox then I imagine turnout would be higher across the board

7 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

You have to request an absentee ballot, fill out the form and send it in or whatever.  If all anyone had to do was fill in some bubbles on a form and drop it off on the way to work or stick it back in their own mailbox then I imagine turnout would be higher across the board

I want to say that when I moved to Arizona after I switched over my drivers license they gave me the voter registration form and all I literally had to do was check a box to receive a permanent ballot by mail, which I did.  

It turns out that the US has gotten so partisan that you don't even have to campaign anymore. Just say "I am not the other guy," and something like 40%+ of the country will support you automatically, and another 15% can swing your way if they really don't like the other party at the moment.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It turns out that the US has gotten so partisan that you don't even have to campaign anymore. Just say "I am not the other guy," and something like 40%+ of the country will support you automatically, and another 15% can swing your way if they really don't like the other party at the moment.

I wouldn't go this far, but ATM the most effective strategy is to let Trump fall all over himself.  Biden's polling lead has also increased recently.