Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

On 12/30/2018 at 8:16 PM, SaysWho? said:

McAuliffe is looking at running. Eh. But he is.

So the Democrats don't support public education? Pretty sure I went to high school with a lot of rich kids who's parents paid a ton in taxes. Cutting out the 1% out of social programs is beyond stupid. 

10 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Warren cannot be the nominee.  Just like Hillary, she just has too much baggage to win the general election.

This is primary season. The more progressive candidates out there getting the issues out in front of news and television cameras, all the better regardless. 

New generation is a good idea. And I'm not completely knocking Beto as a good choice (he is very charismatic after all, which helps you win). But before I agree that he would be a good choice, I need to see him put forward some actual ideas. If he says he will attempt to bring in M4A and  a carbon tax, then I am behind him (as little as that counts, as a Canadian).

9 minutes ago, Jose said:

Why tho

She'd lost to Sweeney in 2006 and was on track to do so again in 2008 when the wife-beating thing happened. She then only served one term before being selected for Hillary's Senate seat. 

She also joined the House as a Blue Dog. 

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

She'd lost to Sweeney in 2006 and was on track to do so again in 2008 when the wife-beating thing happened. She then only served one term before being selected for Hillary's Senate seat. 

She also joined the House as a Blue Dog. 

She beat Sweeney in 2006 and had never run against him previously. Wtf are you even talking about?

7 minutes ago, Jose said:

She beat Sweeney in 2006 and had never run against him previously. Wtf are you even talking about?

I just double-checked her Wikipedia page; I thought she'd run and lost and then tried again but see it was that she was considering running in 2004 but that Hillary told her to wait until 2006. But she only won 53-47 and would likely not have won if not for Sweeney's domestic abuse problem.

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

I just double-checked her Wikipedia page; I thought she'd run and lost and then tried again but see it was that she was considering running in 2004 but that Hillary told her to wait until 2006. But she only won 53-47 and would likely not have won if not for Sweeney's domestic abuse problem.

Eh, it would have been close without it.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Is moving goalposts a good workout? 

• Thanks 2