Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

27 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Gary Johnson must have been awful because he lost to both.

He was definitely a better person and politician than Trump.  Clinton was a better politician than both of them.

But just think, if Trump and Clinton had let Johnson in the debates (because they controlled who was invited), then Clinton would likely be President today.  So she's a doubly horrible candidate. 

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

How

As much of a goofy doof as Johnson was, he did appeal to a lot of conservatives who didn't like Trump.  If Johnson had received more exposure through the debates, he likely would have siphoned more votes from Trump.  Keep in mind that Trump's margin of victory in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania was razor thin.  Defection of just a percent or two of Trump voters towards Johnson would have given Clinton the election. 

14 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

As much of a goofy doof as Johnson was, he did appeal to a lot of conservatives who didn't like Trump.  If Johnson had received more exposure through the debates, he likely would have siphoned more votes from Trump.  Keep in mind that Trump's margin of victory in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania was razor thin.  Defection of just a percent or two of Trump voters towards Johnson would have given Clinton the election. 

He was attracting a lot of Democrats, yo. Or people who would have otherwise voted for Hillary because Trump scared them shitless (check out the video of Penn Jillette vote-swapping once polls tightened in November).

Johnson's VP was basically campaigning for Hillary at the end.

14 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

10 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I forget shes one of my senators, honestly have no idea why anyone would vote for her for president, shes completely forgettable.

She's been one of the least forgettable for me, honestly. When she was first selected to fill Clinton's seat, her coming in as a Blue Dog annoyed me because New York should be an easy place to be progressive.

Then once they got into the 2010 lame duck session, she was big on making the 9/11 first responders bill visible (and the GOP not making it a priority when all they do is puff their chest out and chant rah rah America really irritated me), as well as DADT repeal. I then remember her tackling sexual assault in the military years later, imo being the most vocal of anyone in the Senate at the time. She tacked to the left on a lot of issues once she moved to represent NY as a whole, and she has one of the more Democratic voting records in the Senate. I think she even came out on abolishing ICE before most other Senators did, including the progressive wing.

Of the more normal picks (aka not outside the box like a Sanders), I like her as one of the best, but my gripe is even asking around on Wall Street for anything related to an upcoming 2020 campaign. Her Senate career's been pretty good overall considering how she began.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I'd say Johnson took more votes from Hillary than Trump and always would have.