Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Just now, CayceG said:

Progressives can do better than Beto. 

As Jwheel has said, the bar is to beat Trump in the Rust Belt and hopefully florida. NC and AZ and NM are gravy on top. If Beto can't beat Ted Cruz in Texas, could he beat Trump in the Rust Belt?

I'm not so sure. 

Progressives have invested all of their love into someone who isn't legally old enough to be President and someone who is on the verge of being 80.

There's no one better.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Progressives can do better than Beto. 

As Jwheel has said, the bar is to beat Trump in the Rust Belt and hopefully florida. NC and AZ and NM are gravy on top. If Beto can't beat Ted Cruz in Texas, could he beat Trump in the Rust Belt?

I'm not so sure. 

New Mexico isn't gravy. If Dems don't win New Mexico, they're probably losing in many other states.

Just now, RedSoxFan9 said:

liberals don't stand for anything so the only things they can rally around is stuff like vote shaming 

I stand for plenty of things. In fact, I stand for most of the things you do. But above what I stand for is what I stand against, which is the Republican Party. I think it was @SFLUFAN who said it best in the lead up to the 2016 election...All of the corrupt, awful, nasty things said about Clinton could be entirely true, but it still wasn't going to be a difficult choice. 

No matter who it is, I will vote for the Democratic candidate, because I don't want Republicans in power for one second longer than they have to be. If you want to take your ball and go home because Democrats don't elect a sufficiently leftist candidate, so be it. You'll have no one but yourself to blame when Trump takes his second oath of office.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I stand for plenty of things. In fact, I stand for most of the things you do. But above what I stand for is what I stand against, which is the Republican Party. I think it was @SFLUFAN who said it best in the lead up to the 2016 election...All of the corrupt, awful, nasty things said about Clinton could be entirely true, but it still wasn't going to be a difficult choice. 

No matter who it is, I will vote for the Democratic candidate, because I don't want Republicans in power for one second longer than they have to be. If you want to take your ball and go home because Democrats don't elect a sufficiently leftist candidate, so be it. You'll have no one but yourself to blame when Trump takes his second oath of office.

I agree. And this is the time to hash it out but after the convention, shut up and get in line. I doubt the dnc will be as shitty this year since it's not a coronation, and hopefully some lessons learned after 2016 that you can't just railroad a candidate into the nominee and it not backfire

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Republicans have already won when all Democrats strive for is someone who is not a Republican.

The actual goal of politics is to enact your own policies not to temporarily block your opponents from enacting their polices.  

He never said all he stands for is that. He said it's his priority.

At the end of the day, if you dont vote for someone that isn't "progressive enough" for you, you are culpable when Roe or Casey gets neutored.

3 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Republicans have already won when all Democrats strive for is someone who is not a Republican.

The actual goal of politics is to enact your own policies not to temporarily block your opponents from enacting their polices.  

Sometimes, actually, it is just about blocking your opponents from enacting their policies. Because the other option is unacceptable, that's flatly true. That's why we have primaries. I would vote for Hillary Clinton until the end of time if it meant stopping Donald Trump (and I was a full Bernie bro and hated how Hillary stole the primary), and anyone who doesn't understand that is completely complicit in allowing Donald Trump getting elected because, ladies and gentlemen, those are the fucking stakes.

I've seen families, in real life, ripped apart and destroyed by Trump's policies. If anyone didn't vote for Hillary because she wasn't "good enough" even if it meant stopping Trump, fuck what you have wrought on all of us in your pride and ego. 

It's disingenuous to argue otherwise because you always pick the lesser of two evils, especially when the gap between the two evils is the equivalent of at least the distance between Trump's Uranus and the Sun. 

22 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

You can do both. Sometimes in sports ball the time comes when you need to play defense. 

Im truly sorry the 2016 election fucked you up this much 

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

So how well did truly progressive candidates do in deep red districts, or even purpleish ones? Is there any metric on that to look for? Or is this just gonna be another game of redsoxfan bashing centrist allies because fuck em?

Although I liked Gillum more than Nelson, Nelson gathered more votes being a boring moderate than Gillum did running as a progressive. Abrams lost in Georgia. Evers won in Wisconsin, tho.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

Although I liked Gillum more than Nelson, Nelson gathered more votes being a boring moderate than Gillum did running as a progressive. Abrams lost in Georgia. Evers won in Wisconsin, tho.

Given the extent of the vote-counting fuckery in Florida I'm not sure it's particularly instructive to draw conclusions like that.

You're not going to talk the progressive wing of the party to show up by shaming them to show up, you should be able to, but you can't. So by logic the only way to unify the party is to find a progressive. The Republicans figured this shit out a long time ago. In my mind the progressive test isn't M4A, it's no big donors, I think they'd show up for a democratic conservative so long as he was clean and had a spine. 

Clinton is super toxic, lol.

Only 64% of respondents knew who Beto was, while Biden and Sanders were at 97% and 94%, Beto has also not visited the state, so expect that number to change if he announces and starts boosting name recognition probably see a drop in Biden and Sanders as he does.  I mean the top 4 is 3 candidates in their 70s and one in his 40s.  Warren is likely toast with 84% name recognition and in 4th, along with Harris and Booker both at ~60% name recognition and barely registering.