Starfield - Information Thread, update: PC Update 1.9.47.0 now available through Steam Beta branch

SaysWho?

1 minute ago, legend said:

I couldn't disagree more :p RDR2 is the worst controlling game I played last generation by a landslide. At least it was at launch for consoles. I distinctly remember a feeling of enormous relief when I played God of War immediately afterwards because of how much better it controlled. 

I recently played rdr2 and completely disagree with you. I felt Arthur controlled like a real person and R* was going for absolute realism with that game. The AI and gaming world are so realistic and impressive it's off the charts.

I can understand those who don't like ultra realism though. It is a videogame afterall. 

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I recently played rdr2 and completely disagree with you. I felt Arthur controlled like a real person and R* was going for absolute realism with that game. The AI and gaming world are so realistic and impressive it's off the charts.

I can understand those who don't like ultra realism though. It is a videogame afterall. 

RDR2 was the final bit of motivation that got me to buy a PS4 to begin with. I like realistic games, but realistic doesn't have to mean it should control as it did.

But if you only played it recently maybe they improved the controls since then?

200.gif

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, legend said:

RDR2 was the final bit of motivation that got me to buy a PS4 to begin with. I like realistic games, but realistic doesn't have to mean it should control as it did.

Well you're a robot so your movements are immaculate but us human beings move like that all the time. Completely realistic!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, legend said:

200.gif

Holy shit I laughed at that clip! In all honesty, I didn't fall off my horse in any weird way when I recently played it. Did they fix it? I have no idea. I completely understand people not liking controlling such a realistic character because it is slow just like humans move in real life. 

Then you have games like Assassin's Creed where the character is a super hero. 

I know on this forum I'm in the minority who likes rdr2 but millions loved it. I'll stop while I'm not ahead defending it. :p

2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Been awhile but did this happen because then button that you press to ride the horse is the same as the throttle the grandma button?

lol I can't remember now. Lots of long events seemed to happen automatically. I do know I had all of those kinds of experiences in the game, but I don't think I ever had them all back to back like in that one :lol: 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Holy shit I laughed at that clip! In all honesty, I didn't fall off my horse in any weird way when I recently played it. Did they fix it? I have no idea. I completely understand people not liking controlling such a realistic character because it is slow just like humans move in real life. 

Then you have games like Assassin's Creed where the character is a super hero. 

I know on this forum I'm in the minority who likes rdr2 but millions loved it. I'll stop while I'm not ahead defending it. :p

Silver lining to it all: that is one of the funniest clips in gaming history I've ever seen. There's a reason I was able to still find it after all this time :p 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, legend said:

lol I can't remember now. Lots of long events seemed to happen automatically. I do know I had all of those kinds of experiences in the game, but I don't think I ever had them all back to back like in that one :lol: 

Silver lining to it all: that is one of the funniest clips in gaming history I've ever seen. There's a reason I was able to still find it after all this time :p 

I still am smiling because of that vid. Surprisingly I never saw it so much thanks for sharing.

6 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Hey, I don't doubt it because God knows they had PLENTY of time to work on it even before covid hit. I'd definitely buy an XSX for this if it turns out amazing and it will run significantly better on the next gen consoles. I just pray it doesn't turnout like Cyberpunk. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Someone’s brother

John Goodman Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He said his brother ended up with both!

He’s also not a fan of Bethesda RPGs. Never finished Skyrim, so this would make no difference either way. Spider and the Insomniac purchase, on the other hand...

52 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

That Luke Stephens guy obviously just made some shit up for followers hahaha. 

At this point it seems pretty easy for anyone to mention any Rumor and try to claim to have sources, and gets tons of impressions on social media with absolutely no real credibility.

I don't follow of any of those guys and have no clue what access they have to anything.  One of the guys I saw share some of the Screenshots that leaked before other outlets, so he may have had some source.  Jeff Grubb seems to be somewhat well connected and has said this year then 1st Quarter next year.  

I mean its less than a month away til we get some real solid news, so going crazy about some release date is over the top when it doesn't really change much of anything.

I hope they take their time with it and it's the most polished Bethesda game released ever. I'm willing to wait until fall 2022 if it means the game is phenomenal and extremely polished. 

Then I'll look forward to ES6 for 2024. Maybe even launch with the mid cycle consoles.

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I hope they take their time with it and it's the most polished Bethesda game released ever. I'm willing to wait until fall 2022 if it means the game is phenomenal and extremely polished.

I agree. I'd much rather they take their time and build a truly next gen Bethesda game. At this point they, of all people, should understand the potential for recurring revenue if they can make a great game. They can look forward to republishing Starfield on every possible platform for the next decade if they get it right.

1 minute ago, TwinIon said:

I agree. I'd much rather they take their time and build a truly next gen Bethesda game. At this point they, of all people, should understand the potential for recurring revenue if they can make a great game. They can look forward to republishing Starfield on every possible platform for the next decade if they get it right.

*Every Xbox platform

• 3 weeks later...

Starfield will be shown with a specific release date, per Jason Schreier

Reset did a summary:

resetera-brandmark.png?_v=92b3d4c7
WWW.RESETERA.COM

From Triple Click Podcast There's also a surprise game at Ubisoft he was told not to reveal. That's all I got. What do you guys think? edit: GOTG: guardians of the galaxy He also said a few...

"He also said a few more interesting things about Ubisoft:
Next Assassin's Creed game will be really big, even bigger than Valhalla
He heard similar things to the rumors of Ubisoft Sofia's AC being cancelled/morphing into a valhalla DLC.
The Far Cry after 6 will have a radical change for the series.
Skull and Bones will release in late 2022 or beyond.
Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still very very early in development."

• SaysWho? changed the title to RUMOR: Microsoft "really want[s]" Starfield out this holiday, "100% an Xbox exclusive" UPDATE: Will be revealed with late 2022 release date