Starfield - Information Thread, update: May Update (detailed surface maps, difficulty options, display settings) to release on May 15

SaysWho?

16 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

probably because they can’t, because no matter what they say this isn’t a new engine. 

I think it’s less the engine and more the fact that they clearly do this by design. It’s been this way for 20 years and their games have only gotten more popular. Skyrim, Fallout 4, and Fallout 76 are all in the top 100 Steam games with concurrent players right now. Why would they change?

I suppose when your character doesn't have a voice, it doesn't make as much sense to have a more cinematic camera for conversations. It's still a bit of a shame. The standard Bethesda conversation setup just feels so archaic. Hopefully they at least make the characters emote a bit more so the conversations aren't entirely robotic.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

14 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Well that's a lot of disappointment. At this pace, expect ES6 in 2028 at the earliest.  

And it's a weird choice, because I don't see anyone asking for FO5, but people have been begging for ES6 for years now.

Also, no seamless flying saddens me. 

Im surprised MS hasn't done anything with VR. The xbox series x is enough like a PC that they could probably get quest 2 to work on it. Starfield would have been an excellent game for it, along with flight sim. I need more reasons to use my HOTAS Warthog sticks. I still need to download flight sim on pc and take out the Halo ship.

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Garbage. I guess I should just get over the fact that the NPC's will look like dolls for years to come. 

I mean, nobody should expect cutting edge animation from them. Their animations seem to have always been a generation behind everyone else. 

I don't get your graphics obsession, but to each their own. My problems with the showing was choppy animations, and weird looking flight. I had hoped that the ships would perform more like a BSG Raptor than a boat.  

• True 1

11 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Also, no seamless flying saddens me. 

i got that from the trailer when the take off and landing had it identical animations from location to location. 

I assumed at most we’d fly from just above one planet to another, with maybe a cutscene of FTL going between star systems.