WandaVision OT - For the Children!

Pikachu

3 minutes ago, legend said:

Is the vision she sees in the mind stone herself? Maybe from the future or something?

My understanding of Scarlet Witch is that throughout the multiverse she is the only constant. The only person who is always the same in every dimension. She may have seen a twin of herself from another reality.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, legend said:

Is the vision she sees in the mind stone herself? Maybe from the future or something?

Yes. There are pics online color corrected of that image and it's clearly her in what looks like her future costume.

edit: Hopefully this works...

Spoiler

pUaSvIv.jpg

cvVhRrw.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This show is better than I could have possibly imagined.  It's great to see all the elements of the show tie themselves together and explain character motives.  Just like the commercial breaks representing the most traumatic events events in Wanda's life, the telecast itself represents her fondest attachments.

Now, a few questions I still have...

Scratchy and Ralph have gotten a lot of attention to just leave that thread dangling.

Does Wanda have another purpose to broadcasting the show via airwaves besides the "TV recreation" angle?  Her personal experience is watching them on DVD after all.  

Who was Woo's missing witness in Westview?

The last two points are probably just story beats meant to bring all the characters together.

Lastly, and holy shit, can we assume Wanda also created an Infinity Stone?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Could be wrong, but I don't think so. My take was that was her getting a peak at her future and seeing that the mind stone was going to have a profound impact on her life.

Oh I meant she re-created an actual Mind Stone when she made the new Vision.

Although, with Hayward harnessing her hex powers, it's probably just for show.  Because we haven't seen him really use any of the powers of the Stone, even while in the Hex.

2 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Oh I meant she re-created an actual Mind Stone when she made the new Vision.

Although, with Hayward harnessing her hex powers, it's probably just for show.  Because we haven't seen him really use any of the powers of the Stone, even while in the Hex.

Well if I am remembering correctly, he used his power to wake a few people inside the trap. And I would think that would be a mind stone-esque power, but I just assume his powers are echoes of what Wanda believes them to be. 

1 minute ago, EternallDarkness said:

Well if I am remembering correctly, he used his power to wake a few people inside the trap. And I would think that would be a mind stone-esque power, but I just assume his powers are echoes of what Wanda believes them to be. 

That is right.  Counterpoint to me wanting to believe it's a real Infinity Stone:  The show does make it clear Wanda can't control him.

But the most reasonable take is it is an actual Infinity Stone, but only within the boundaries of the Hex.

10 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

That was how she got her powers in the MCU. This was A GREAT retcon since their previous explantation stands since it was true as far as Wanda or anyone else was aware.

This was such a good episode.

Okay I was sitting there thinking this was a retcon, but I couldn't remember if actually outright contradicted anything.

And this is not meant to nitpick so much as I'm just curious, but did anyone else notice that Agatha's lair at the start of the show looked blatantly like the super foam rocks you'll see when sci-fi shows are cutting corners on budget? I'm like one third it would make sense if it was just continuing the show doing visual references to other shows, one third I was wondering if the show really was just weirdly saving on some budget on that, and one third wondering if they were using the same digital set technology used in Mandalorian and it was just a goofy uncanny valley effect from the 3D rendering on that.

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

there's two visions now, right?

I think just one? Pretty clear from the end of the episode that the reason Vision can't leave the hex is because he's literally a creation of the hex, not because his dead body is only reanimated within the hex. I thought a couple of episodes ago that they showed her stealing Vision's corpse and that seemed to be where they were going with why he immediately started falling apart the second he tried to leave the hex but what was shown this episode is extremely explicit about how he's existing in the hex.

Seems like outside the hex they cut Vision up a bunch of times trying to figure out how to fix him and then White Vision is the result of putting him back together after figuring out how to turn him back on.

13 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I love that this show is now about a jealous 400 year old witch who is apparently a fan of X-Men: Days of Future Past. 

Very appropriate that they introduced her via lame beam battle if they're making her a Singerverse fan. :daydream:

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

The one in the Hex is the Vision that Wanda created literally out of thin air. The White one is his reanimated body that they still had... remember she never took him the way Heyward said she did.

Oh if you were counting the Vision in the Hex as one of the two then yes we have two it looks like. I thought you meant if there were two "real" Visions.

7 hours ago, johnny said:

i assumed she had been called scarlet witch in age of ultron. she’s credited as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch in all of the movies so that’s probably why. 

this show has been awesome 

There's a joke about her name in ep. 4 or 5, when they're watching the "show". One of the agents has a line like "Wanda Maximoff? What, no fancy code name?" I think it's like Black Widow, where they'll use that name in credits and promotional material, but nobody called her that in the movies. 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oh if you were counting the Vision in the Hex as one of the two then yes we have two it looks like. I thought you meant if there were two "real" Visions.

Yes that's what I meant. One inside the Hex and one out.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

From what you're saying about White Vision being cold but then growing warmer in the comics @skillzdadirecta I bet you're right that we get a fight between the two and then they somehow merge at the end of the finale; Wanda's memory of what Vision is like "downloaded" into the new Vision body.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened. He turned white in the comics when he was dismantled and his synthetic skin turned white due to lack of nutrients or something like that. He was white for most of the late 80's and early to mid 90's I think.

Also they've alluded to the fact that Wanda's powers are connected to the same energies that power the Infinity stones. That's why she was able to destroy the Mind stone in the first place. My guess is the show will end with some allusion to who the real big bad is and that will lead right into Dr,. Strange 2.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yes that's what I meant. One inside the Hex and one out.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened. He turned white in the comics when he was dismantled and his synthetic skin turned white due to lack of nutrients or something like that. He was white for most of the late 80's and early to mid 90's I think.

Also they've alluded to the fact that Wanda's powers are connected to the same energies that power the Infinity stones. That's why she was able to destroy the Mind stone in the first place. My guess is the show will end with some allusion to who the real big bad is and that will lead right into Dr,. Strange 2.

I'm digging really easy back when, but I swear the story was that white Vision merged with an alternate dimension Vision to regain a story of consciousness with emotions. If we're going off some comic history, maybe the same happens here with fake Vision gaining a body with white Vision.

What is really like to see if Agatha help pull off the merger. I don't want to see her disappear after this series and helping to save Vision would really put her in Wanda's good graces.

52 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I'm digging really easy back when, but I swear the story was that white Vision merged with an alternate dimension Vision to regain a story of consciousness with emotions. If we're going off some comic history, maybe the same happens here with fake Vision gaining a body with white Vision.

What is really like to see if Agatha help pull off the merger. I don't want to see her disappear after this series and helping to save Vision would really put her in Wanda's good graces.

I don't remember how he went back to his colored self from being all white. I just remember how he went white in the first place. It was in West Coast Avengers... i have those issues.

20 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That was a great line... One more episode left? I like how they leaned more into Wanda's actual comic book persona with the chaos magic and propabilty hexes. Now she's more than just a Jean Grey knock off. Clearly Agatha was just an opportunist, we still don't know if there's someone else behind this. 

Really tho they may have just made Wanda the most interesting MCU character

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't remember how he went back to his colored self from being all white. I just remember how he went white in the first place. It was in West Coast Avengers... i have those issues.

Ok, looked it up. White Vision merged with other dimension Vision to regain his personality, but not his memories. They could totally do that here, but I still can't see how they bring Vision back like "Oh well, guess Wanda doesn't really have to deal with her trauma after all." I guess they could do the same with her kids, maybe? Comic precedent. They were going to die anyway.

Speaking of, I had always assumed that the series would reset back to the status quo for the sake of movie viewers who aren't keeping up with the series. That would mean they can't bring back Vision. However, I'd also be cool with Disney changing major events in TV that's reflected in the movies.

5 hours ago, Reputator said:

If Vision can't exist outside the hex because he's Wanda's creation, wouldn't that mean her kids couldn't either?

I'm low key so worried about that. Wanda really needs a win here and I hope she gets to keep her children. Losing them on top of all this... :(

37 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

I'm low key so worried about that. Wanda really needs a win here and I hope she gets to keep her children. Losing them on top of all this... :(

She needs to lose them so she can make X-Men somehow, this is all X-Men fans want! Somehow anything needs to lead to mutants pls. 

Like I can't wait for Captain Marvel to die a horrible death so we can get Rogue. And I hope he pre Captain Marvel Rogue is horrible and all non Marvel nerds hate her. 

15 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

there's two visions now, right?

15 hours ago, Jason said:

From what you're saying about White Vision being cold but then growing warmer in the comics @skillzdadirecta I bet you're right that we get a fight between the two and then they somehow merge at the end of the finale; Wanda's memory of what Vision is like "downloaded" into the new Vision body.

My assumption is we're getting a Search For Spock situation; Wanda will have to let go of the old Vision (that she created) when the Hex collapses/whatever, but will form a new relationship with White Vision (who will be similar, but not the same). I don't think we're getting the actual Vision back (with full memories) as this show is clearly about loss, and dealing with it. To just have Vision back at the end would kind of undo all the themes. She needs to accept the loss, but then have a new hope of something.

EDIT - And can I just say, thank fuck that Kevin Feige and his team of people are in charge of this universe. It's awesome to have people that care about these characters and their stories be in charge.

• Like 1

Also check out this early quote from Bettany about being excited to act alongside someone in the series:

"Of all of the characters that we were trying to keep secret, a lot of them got out through leaks, there is one character that has not been revealed. It's an actor that I've longed to work with all of my life. We have some amazing scenes together and the chemistry between us is, I think, extraordinary. It's just fireworks on set. So, I'm really excited for people to see that stuff. "

lol, 100% he was tongue-in-cheek talking about acting alongside himself.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

My assumption is we're getting a Search For Spock situation; Wanda will have to let go of the old Vision (that she created) when the Hex collapses/whatever, but will form a new relationship with White Vision (who will be similar, but not the same). I don't think we're getting the actual Vision back (with full memories) as this show is clearly about loss, and dealing with it. To just have Vision back at the end would kind of undo all the themes. She needs to accept the loss, but then have a new hope of something.

EDIT - And can I just say, thank fuck that Kevin Feige and his team of people are in charge of this universe. It's awesome to have people that care about these characters and their stories be in charge.

As opposed to?