WandaVision OT - For the Children!

Pikachu

42 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Also check out this early quote from Bettany about being excited to act alongside someone in the series:

"Of all of the characters that we were trying to keep secret, a lot of them got out through leaks, there is one character that has not been revealed. It's an actor that I've longed to work with all of my life. We have some amazing scenes together and the chemistry between us is, I think, extraordinary. It's just fireworks on set. So, I'm really excited for people to see that stuff. "

lol, 100% he was tongue-in-cheek talking about acting alongside himself.

the wire roland brice GIF

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Good catch by some people online—Wanda's house has red and pink roses. Agatha's has purple roses. But someone else has a different colour of roses:

hhDVbut.png

The theory is that Dottie is actual Clea, a sorceress from the Dark Dimension, tied to the Dr. Strange series. 

Clea would be a reach... she's pretty damn powerful herself as she's Dormmamu's niece. I doubt she's be in thrall like everyone else in the town.

Yes, this show is killing it. Full-on top level Marvel movie quality in a show.

What's crazy is that we're now like 5 hours in and even though it's a Marvel show there haven't even been any real action scenes to speak of and yet it's been riviting. I love how this is their first TV show, and it's completely TV show themed. It's very meta.

I didn't realize how much I had been missing this universe during this dumb year. If all the Marvel shows are of this quality we're in for a good time...

Winder Soldier and Falcon is coming out in like 3 weeks.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

So something accord to me and I can't remember if it was exactly answered in the episode or not. So if Wanda didn't steal Vision's body and was able to recreate him perfectly...why wasn't she able to recreate her brother accurately? Why did we get weenie boy instead? :p 

She didn't recreate Pietro. Agnes did... and he's one of her thralls or something. Agnes has a whole line of dialogue about it.

8 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

So something accord to me and I can't remember if it was exactly answered in the episode or not. So if Wanda didn't steal Vision's body and was able to recreate him perfectly...why wasn't she able to recreate her brother accurately? Why did we get weenie boy instead? :p 

That was Agatha, not Wanda.

Regarding the creation of Hex Vision, and literally everything else within, Wanda doesn't actually know how she did it, because it was one immense explosion of emotion emanating from her subconscious. She didn't even deliberately create Vision, that's just what her emotions wanted in that moment. And some of her magic springing out of that acts 'autonomously'. It's quite a complex situation.

12 hours ago, Reputator said:

That was Agatha, not Wanda.

Regarding the creation of Hex Vision, and literally everything else within, Wanda doesn't actually know how she did it, because it was one immense explosion of emotion emanating from her subconscious. She didn't even deliberately create Vision, that's just what her emotions wanted in that moment. And some of her magic springing out of that acts 'autonomously'. It's quite a complex situation.

"It just happened" GIVE ME MUTANTS PLEASE

I really hope that the Pietro recast and the Deadpool in the MCU stuff ends up being winks and nods and not a full on “X-Men in the MCU” thing. I appreciate I’m alone in this. 

How did Wanda’s dad get Malcom in the Middle DVDs before the show was on the air? Is he a time traveler??? :p

And lastly fake Pietro very obviously talked like Agnes in hindsight, which is pretty clever of them. 

• Haha 1

Wouldn’t it be a great way to introduce Deadpool in some ways. Have him be the only one to get too her cause he breaks the 4th wall all the time. Leave the episode like a Curb Your Enthusiasm with mouths agape as he slowly walks off the screen wearing slowly putting on some Mickey Mouse ears, slaps Peter on the back saying “I guess it’s McAvoy’s X-Men . . . . *starts waving goodbye* yeah I can say Mutant now. See you later and soon MCU”

3 hours ago, johnny said:

i really liked the finale. i’m seeing a lot of fans were setting themselves up for disappointment with all their theories. 

the scarlet witch costume looks fucking cool

I definitely enjoyed it. After the slow build up it just felt a bit rushed. Wanda using runes felt a bit wonky, as well. And what happened to Vision?

I thought Wanda's rune trick was pretty fun. I liked it. Her costume is definitely badass.

Definitely the fan theories didn't happen. We didn't see the Visions merge (yet), Dr. Strange didn't show up, Wanda (or Harkness) didn't unleash the mutants, and Ralph never made his demonic appearance.

What was there was pretty good though. To really complete her arc it needed to be Wanda that brought down the hex and freed everyone. And really, to face her truth and stop living in her disconnected reality.

It was cool to see her "become" the Scarlet Witch. As these things go, a lot was set up for future movies and series, as the MCU is just a perpetual stream of baton passing to the next thing and the next thing.

4 hours ago, Iculus said:

I definitely enjoyed it. After the slow build up it just felt a bit rushed. Wanda using runes felt a bit wonky, as well. And what happened to Vision?

Is White Vision really Vision or just a new Vision with the old Vision's memories? I feel like that's a question White Vision left to try to solve.

Also, I'm sure nothing bad will come off Wanda trying to resurrect her children with chaos magic from the Darkhold. The Darkhold left behind a ton of bodies in Agents of SHIELD. I wonder if it'll corrupt Wanda's mind the way it corrupted everyone else's or if she's immune to those side affects thanks to being the nexus.

23 minutes ago, johnny said:

vision left to do some “soul searching” i think. so he’ll come back whenever. 

He'll find Wanda and they'll have some sort of discussion and she'll give him her piece of the mind stone which has Vision's "soul", would be my guess.

I wonder when's the next time we'll see Monica and further explore her new powers. I'm guessing either the Secret Invasion series or Captain Marvel 2. Both are slated for release next year. I'm assuming Secret Invasion since she was literally invited to go up in space by a Skrill and the last time we saw the Skrulls they were chilling with Nick Fury on some space station.

I thought the finale was pretty good, as was the show overall.

As someone who will be forever content to have the X-Men separate from the MCU, I really liked the Pietro false flag. Buuuut with that said I think the show was hit or miss with those overall. By the time Wanda stopped “broadcasting” I don’t know how much sense the whole “Agatha All Along” bit actually made? I don’t especially care since it and things like the Vision confessional were funny and entertaining, but I wish they had leaned into the WandaVision“gimmick” a bit more. Honestly by the end of the show a lot of the winks were weirdly Deadpool-esque in that they were played almost exclusively for the audience. There’s really no point in the Pietro recast other than to get the Internet buzzing. That obviously worked incredibly well, but it feels a little cheap in hindsight.

And I know this is sort of her thing in the comics, but to me it came off just a little weird that the whole premise of the show is that Wanda’s grief is so great and her understanding / grasp of her power is so poor that she just roofies and enslaves a whole town then broadcasts it as a television show without realizing what she’s doing? And then once she acknowledges that’s what she’s doing she’s not able to accept that the people there might be suffering? I know it’s magic and I don’t expect it to “make sense” but here it really feels like they’re not even hiding that everyone can do whatever they need to at whatever moment they need to do it for no other reason than that they need to. Wanda goes from, “I’m not a witch” to casting runes the size of buildings in... minutes?

But it’s very well cast, earnestly performed, and very entertaining so I don’t really care about the nits. I think they could have had something REALLY special and instead they just kinda flirted with it and gave us a fun ride, which ain’t bad. And that’s kind of the MCU’s whole brand in general anyway, so whatever :p

I loved the show and the finale as well. I am very excited about the direction of phase 4, and I love the feeling of not knowing what to expect. I hope Kevin Feige embraces his inner Starlord and makes a bunch of weird shit with all these new characters and storylines. Bring on Falcon & The Winter Soldier!

4 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Wanda goes from, “I’m not a witch” to casting runes the size of buildings in... minutes?

If this were novelized I'm sure there would be some inner monologue going something like "Well if she's right about me, and I am a witch, then this will work. But I won't know until I try."

I had the same realization you did about that but I took it to be a turning point that she started accepting who she is. I rewatched that moment and she repeats back what Agatha told her about runes and witches, again, could be interpreted as acceptance that she may be a witch. But the very next line is "but I don't need you to tell me who I am," also suggesting she doesn't want to be defined by others.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:54 PM, Ghost_MH said:

I wonder when's the next time we'll see Monica and further explore her new powers. I'm guessing either the Secret Invasion series or Captain Marvel 2. Both are slated for release next year. I'm assuming Secret Invasion since she was literally invited to go up in space by a Skrill and the last time we saw the Skrulls they were chilling with Nick Fury on some space station.

captain-marvel-2-kamala-khan.jpg?fit=204
WWW.DENOFGEEK.COM

Kamala Khan and Monica Rambeau will join Carol Danvers in Captain Marvel 2, which means big things for the future of the MCU.