What is your 'Oh yeah, I played that!' game?

Chris-

I'm talking about games that - while enjoyable - were wholly and thoroughly forgettable. You had a good time, you would describe it as a well-made game, however despite those two things it was entirely unremarkable and unworthy of engaging your long-term memory.

Mine is Infamous: Second Son. I had a really good time with it, and it was quite fun! But it is definitely the type of game that I can only remember when I really think about it. If you were to ask me, 'what PS4 games have you beaten', there is a greater than 50% chance I might not remember to mention it.

Probably like everything from the PS3/360 generation.

I don't play that many AAA games anymore, but man, studios were pumping out forgettable AAA garbage nonstop on those consoles.

Dead Island is a good one. 

LA Noire. Even when I see the memes, it doesn't even register that I've played the game.

I think I would be blown away if I opened up my box of PS3 games. I probably have around 30, but can only think of a handful.

Jason: Rise of the Argonauts on the 360. I remember buying it as I was working before going to university and had nothing to save or pay for and spent all my money on food, alcohol and games and weirdly the official Xbox magazine rated it highly. They were mistaken.

UPDATE: 

I was trying to think of the games I had on my Gamecube and who could forget Ty and Tasmanian Tiger, Pitfall and Die Hard Vendetta.

1 hour ago, Dre801 said:

Fighting Force(old PS1 beat em up)

Man I will fight you! I had anticipated this game for YEARS, and it kept getting delayed. And when it came out I beat it in like 2 hours so it was super disappointing. So I'll never say this is a forgettable game! :nottalking:

1 hour ago, Dre801 said:

Primal(old PS2 game)

@Emblazon will fight you!

Devil May Cry 5 most recently. Whenever it comes up, it takes me a second to remember I actually played it. I think I'm trying to forget it because it was such a depressing disappointment though.

The most boring "oh yeah...wow...I did play all that" for me would be the entire Uncharted trilogy on PS3. I bought them all on some really deep sale at GameStop and there wasn't really anything coming out so I played all three. It's the gaming equivalent of going to see some vaguely entertaining blockbuster you forget about a day later. Not atrocious, not good, doesn't do anything but look great and print money.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Lost Kingdoms on the Gamecube immediately comes to mind. And by immediately I mean after a quick Google search of "card action game Gamecube."

Now there's a quickly forgotten game. I played that one and its sequel. I remember there were cards and that's about it.

So we had to enjoy it but forget about it. Hmm...

Well, I can't say that for Second Son since I did get a plat in the game, but it was one that was as hyped as Sony's games later in the gen but, unlike those games, didn't deliver on it. Because it was so hyped for me, it's hard to forget it. And there are games that I enjoyed but didn't have a ton of memorable moments, like Kingdom Hearts 3 for me. 

X-Squad was fun on PS2 but soooooo forgettable that I had to Google what the name was.

I feel like I would say that about nearly every game that was part 4 or 5 in a series. Assassin's Creed, Halo, COD, etc. There are series that manage to stand out and remain memorable after a few iterations, but for the most part by the time you've gone on that long, I'm going to have a hard time remembering which one the fifth or sixth entry was.

10 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Lost Kingdoms on the Gamecube immediately comes to mind. And by immediately I mean after a quick Google search of "card action game Gamecube."

Thankfully that studio got better at developing games. 

I'll try to think of something that's forgettable, but...that's the thing. How can I remember a game I have forgotten?

42 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Thankfully that studio got better at developing games. 

I knew it was From Software before, and I look Lost Kingdoms up every few years because it'll randomly pop into my head, and I'll always forget that From Software made it minutes later. Like now.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is another. I wasn't enamored by it and I honestly forgot that I played it until my husband mentioned it when I was telling him about this thread.

Shadow of Mordor is only marginally more "memorable" than Mad Max (entirely due to the Nemesis System), but they're both cut from roughly the same cloth, especially when it comes to combat.

Where things get almost funny is when you realize that the Arkham games, Mad Max, and Shadow of  Mordor essentially have slight variations on the same style of combat and all have the same publisher: Warner Brothers.

39 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Shadow of Mordor is only marginally more "memorable" than Mad Max (entirely due to the Nemesis System), but they're both cut from roughly the same cloth, especially when it comes to combat.

Where things get almost funny is when you realize that the Arkham games, Mad Max, and Shadow of  Mordor essentially have variations on the same style of combat and all have the same publisher: Warner Brothers.

Probably right on that, but I find the Batman games memorable because I'm a fan of the character and enjoyed the stories and environments more. One of the few games I replay.