What is your 'Oh yeah, I played that!' game?

Chris-

15 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I dunno what's funny about that one in particular. 

I think it's just funny when normal life meshes with D1P life; I can't really describe it, though.

12 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Shadow of Mordor is only marginally more "memorable" than Mad Max (entirely due to the Nemesis System), but they're both cut from roughly the same cloth, especially when it comes to combat.

Where things get almost funny is when you realize that the Arkham games, Mad Max, and Shadow of  Mordor essentially have slight variations on the same style of combat and all have the same publisher: Warner Brothers.

Yeah, but Arkham's was fresher when it came out; it was the first series I remember that had that kind of combat.

And while Mordor wasn't memorable for anything except the Nemesis system it introduced, I REALLY liked Shadow of War. Like the first, I couldn't tell you shit about the story, but I remember orcs that tracked me down, I remember Kumail Nanjiani's orc, especially due to this hilarious Clueless Gamer:

And the siege mode was fun as hell. I'm a huge fan of Dynasty Warriors despite the fact that the combat is pretty simple. Siege mode felt like Dynasty Warriors with better combat in a smaller area, and the back-and-forth was thrilling because when the enemy started to take down your castle defenses, it really felt like they were gaining the upper hand. And I felt like my allies were holding their own, so I wasn't just running around rescuing everyone.

Just a great game overall and a huge jump from Mordor, which was like a last-gen game (kind of was since PS3/360 versions exist) with a concept that only works this gen in the Nemesis system, whereas War's Siege Mode felt like a grander idea that was helped by current gen tech in addition to the cool Nemesis system.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Just a great game overall and a huge jump from Mordor, which was like a last-gen game (kind of was since PS3/360 versions exist) with a concept that only works this gen in the Nemesis system, whereas War's Siege Mode felt like a grander idea that was helped by current gen tech in addition to the cool Nemesis system.

You're remembering way too much about these games :p

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'm such a game whore, I'll play anything you set in front of me, even if only for a little while. Hell, I'd play Barbie Horse Adventures if I was bored enough.

EDIT: Actually, I have played Barbie Horse Adventures. So there ya go.

I think OXM probably had a demo of it at some point so I could have played a Barbie game that way.

I know OPM had some Mary Kate and Ashley golfing game on their disc one month and I did play that. :p

I'm assuming this means games I've actually completed as the amount of games I've played a couple hours of is vast.

Call of Juarez Gunslinger

Dishonored - I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me, but I don't even remembering finishing this game and its in my completed category on steam.

GRIS - its a beautiful game, but very forgettable

This video reminded me of another:

Mirror's Edge!

It's weird: the first game seems beloved, a really cool new IP last gen, unique, etc. Yet I'm about 90% sure I beat it because I can't remember for the life of me if I did or what I did in the game. 

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But you just beat the remake and you only had to remember like the 3 characters they didn't introduce. :p

I remembered all the characters before playing, and there's more than 3 that weren't introduced yet. :santasun:

Spoiler

Cait Sith wasn't introduced, just shown for a split second in a cut scene as an easter egg. Then there's Cid, Vincent, and Yuffie. 4 :p 

And then there's some bad guys that haven't been introduced yet, like Elena.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I remembered all the characters before playing, and there's more than 3 that weren't introduced yet. :santasun:

Hide contents

Cait Sith wasn't introduced, just shown for a split second in a cut scene as an easter egg. Then there's Cid, Vincent, and Yuffie. 4 :p

You still saw him so it counts!