What are you playing today?

7 hours ago, Nokra said:

I played some TF2 on my new LG G3 OLED (w/ Big Picture Mode) tonight, and even that 16 year old game really pops on the TV thanks to the bright colors. Awesome. I probably won't make a habit of it on the TV due to the constant HUD and my fear of burn in, but this TV continues to impress me. 

I also got a wireless mouse, keyboard, and headset, plus a couch desk, so I'm sitting on my sofa playing on the big screen completely wirelessly from my desktop across the room. Gaming bliss. :daydream:

Bro I play shit all the time and leave my PS5 on. Never had any burn. It’s a myth started by @Spork3245

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

8 hours ago, Nokra said:

I played some TF2 on my new LG G3 OLED (w/ Big Picture Mode) tonight, and even that 16 year old game really pops on the TV thanks to the bright colors. Awesome. I probably won't make a habit of it on the TV due to the constant HUD and my fear of burn in, but this TV continues to impress me. 

I also got a wireless mouse, keyboard, and headset, plus a couch desk, so I'm sitting on my sofa playing on the big screen completely wirelessly from my desktop across the room. Gaming bliss. :daydream:

It's harder than you think to get burn in.  Playing games on it "normally" isn't a problem. 

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

33 minutes ago, best3444 said:

As others just said, there is no burn in issues on oleds imo. I've kept my PS5 and tv on for hours the last couple of years and absolutely nothing happens. It's phenomenal really. 

I’ve played thousands of hours of CoD with the exact same hud on the screen and nothing. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

Bro I play shit all the time and leave my PS5 on. Never had any burn. It’s a myth started by @Spork3245

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

It's harder than you think to get burn in.  Playing games on it "normally" isn't a problem. 

59 minutes ago, best3444 said:

As others just said, there is no burn in issues on oleds imo. I've kept my PS5 and tv on for hours the last couple of years and absolutely nothing happens. It's phenomenal really. 

25 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’ve played thousands of hours of CoD with the exact same hud on the screen and nothing. 

Alright, you've convinced me... My TF2 addiction can continue, but upgraded! :dancing:

19 hours ago, Biggie said:

I believe that was @Spawn_of_Apathydue to a bad experience with his B7. I stated multiple times in @Nokra’s thread that with modern OLEDs burn in mitigation has greatly improved. As long as you’re in game mode there shouldn’t be an issue for many years.

However, if you don’t think burn in exists at all or isn’t possible, it’s because you have no idea what you’re talking about. :p It’s just less of a worry and not as common as it once was; you have to actively try for it with an LG OLED that’s a 9 series or newer for it to be an issue that would occur outside of warranty (like running in vivid mode 24/7 and constantly turning off the screen saver any time it comes on). Further, the G2 and G3 have the most aggressive heatsinks/coolers of any OLEDs.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I believe that was @Spawn_of_Apathydue to a bad experience with his B7. I stated multiple times in @Nokra’s thread that with modern OLEDs burn in mitigation has greatly improved. As long as you’re in game mode there shouldn’t be an issue for many years.

However, if you don’t think burn in exists at all or isn’t possible, it’s because you have no idea what you’re talking about. :p It’s just less of a worry and not as common as it once was; you have to actively try for it with an LG OLED that’s a 9 series or newer for it to be an issue that would occur outside of warranty (like running in vivid mode 24/7 and constantly turning off the screen saver any time it comes on). Further, the G2 and G3 have the most aggressive heatsinks/coolers of any OLEDs.

Or maybe you have no idea what you are talking about 

:pratt:

19 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

More Tears of the Kingdom and it’s wonderful. I’m not even far into the game but it has a great game-feel. 

The above - but I’ve got a sequence of English that also needs planning and resourcing and a bedtime at 6.30pm to do so it’ll be a stretch…

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Says the guy who said there’s zero blur in FF16 :p 

IMG-5460.jpg
IMG-5461.jpg 

What the fuck is that? Some random picture you found on Google? Burn isn’t a problem with OLED’s. It’s like you are obsessed with worrying about it. Jesus take some anxiety meds. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

What the fuck is that? Some random picture you found on Google? Burn isn’t a problem with OLED’s. It’s like you are obsessed with worrying about it. Jesus take some anxiety meds. 

That’s my previous OLED. I already said it’s not a concern on modern OLEDs unless you’re being a dumbass :p 

Im mostly playing the microsoft rewards game. trying to get as many points as possible in a day. im on a 40 day streak and have earned 22,000 points already. if I keep this up, I can probably get the next-gen xbox for free. 

however, bc of this - it led me to chivalry 2 which is hilarious and fun. although I absolutely suck at it, I keep going back. 

also - it got me to try out ghost recon wildlands which seems pretty cool. 

I’m playing Mario Kart arcade GP DX and I wish they would release it on switch for $30 or something. It’s lame that even if you win you don’t get to go to the next stage in the cup, you have to pay again and start over and then select the second stage.

On 7/9/2023 at 2:09 PM, Nokra said:

Alright, you've convinced me... My TF2 addiction can continue, but upgraded! :dancing:

capsule_184x69.jpg
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include: Summer 2023! Featuring 14 new...

Bought a G3, PS5, and now funded a new TF2 update. Wow. That’s some bonus you got 

• Haha 1

Got Max Payne 3 during the Steam sale. I played it when it came out but felt like I needed a somewhat mindless game until I pick my next 40-60 hour RPG.

I forgot that it’s pretty much a John Wick simulator (largely because I don’t think John Wick existed when it came out).

5 hours ago, Brian said:
capsule_184x69.jpg
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include: Summer 2023! Featuring 14 new...

Bought a G3, PS5, and now funded a new TF2 update. Wow. That’s some bonus you got 

:lol:

True story: I got a $3000 TV, a $500 PS5, a $500 Steam Deck, and $430 AR glasses in the last couple of months and last night I was beyond thrilled to play an update to a 16 year old game. :daydream:

• Hugs 1
  • Hype 1

40 minutes ago, Nokra said:

:lol:

True story: I got a $3000 TV, a $500 PS5, a $500 Steam Deck, and $430 AR glasses in the last couple of months and last night I was beyond thrilled to play an update to a 16 year old game. :daydream:

Sounds smart though get all that stuff this year then hopefully next year will be a good pc build time with 5000 series in fall. I know there are rumors that might not happen but we must remain faithful. 

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

Sounds smart though get all that stuff this year then hopefully next year will be a good pc build time with 5000 series in fall. I know there are rumors that might not happen but we must remain faithful. 

Yeah I'm currently rocking a 3900X CPU and 3070 Ti GPU, so next year may indeed be time to upgrade. From what I hear, even the jump to a 4000 series GPU from a 3000 series is pretty big; can't wait to see the jump from 3000 to 5000! :daydream:

21 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Yeah I'm currently rocking a 3900X CPU and 3070 Ti GPU, so next year may indeed be time to upgrade. From what I hear, even the jump to a 4000 series GPU from a 3000 series is pretty big; can't wait to see the jump from 3000 to 5000! :daydream:

Yeah the 4090 from a 3080 (and a 3080 wasn’t far off from a 3090 in that gen) was the craziest upgrade I’ve ever had in the smallest amount of time. But it’s also just the biggest rip off where a 4090 should be a 4080 and priced as such and then going down from there and then have a full chip actual 4090 that is like 10-20% faster like usual. Everything got priced up a tier and the only one that seems like a decent value is the 4090 since it does offer a generation leap over the 3090ti in the same price bracket. I’m hoping the bad press and some diminishing sales gets Nvidia to calm the fuck down and just grab extra money from their corporate customers instead of gamers.

• Halal 1

Started playing Dredge. For those that don't know it's story driven fishing game set within a Lovecraftian backdrop. Very cool art style and even though I am very early on and nothing major has happened, it does give a creepy vibe. I only wish there were voice acting. The game is just begging for some vocal work. 

I started playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (which I played and finished back when it originally came out) because I was in the mood for a third person action RPG which we unfortunately don’t get a lot of anymore. I always felt that this was an underappreciated and underrated game, and while it’s showing its age a bit now it still has solid gameplay/combat and is fun.

Making my way through Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart pretty slowly, one mission or so a day and then I move on to something else. Tried out Exoprimal, probably won’t stick with that but it seems alright. On my Switch, I’m getting a lot use out of the GBA collection, bouncing between Metroid Fusion and Fire Emblem, two games I vaguely remember playing back in the day but never finished. 

I took a bit of a break from Armored Core 2 but returned to it today. Kind of forgot that the arena is such a grind but I got the spider legs finally and can stand toe to toe with some ACs now. There was an AC called "Higher Power" and it just reminded me of @Mr.Vic20's favorite song

So that's how I felt when fighting against it

• Haha 1