What are you playing today?

5 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Even when I was 5 that ‘world’ was a shit show. I even hate the music. 

The anxiety trigger panic music when you are running out of air is still complete nightmare fuel even with unlimited lives in anniversary mode. 

Beat Sonic 1 as Amy, this is really great. I wish Nintendo seriously would do a new All Stars HD or whatever and make 1-Mario World 16:9 and have a mission mode, boss rush, new characters, mirror mode, bonus games like the gameboy Mario/Wario games. Cinemas like they do here maybe done up in the style of the movie.

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

I think I’m going to restart Elden Ring as a Samurai instead of a Vagabond. A bit of light reading suggests it suits me more (lots of attacking, running away in fear etc). 

You don't have to restart, either respec when you get there or just start building in that direction now. Your "starting class" really makes no difference except a few starting stats and whatever weapons you start with, which you can get those weapons later.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

You don't have to restart, either respec when you get there or just start building in that direction now. Your "starting class" really makes no difference except a few starting stats and whatever weapons you start with, which you can get those weapons later.

I’m overall not happy with my character so I’d rather just restart if I’m honest. 

16 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I wanted to do that and everyone jumped on me to respec. 😆 

Yeah, I thought about it but I’m maybe 20 minutes in, for whatever reason didn’t make the character the aesthetically mine, down to the gender, so I’m comfortable with my choice. 

• Halal 1

20 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Yeah, I thought about it but I’m maybe 20 minutes in, for whatever reason didn’t make the character the aesthetically mine, down to the gender, so I’m comfortable with my choice. 

You can change that later as well, but if you're 20 mins in nothing to lose I suppose.

• Sicko 1

Fuck the last boss is hard in Sonic 2, took me like 90 minutes. I also beat Sonic CD last night. I never played through all of Sonic CD. It’s pretty good I think. It’s definitely about as good as the rest of them even if it’s in last place. I did Sonic CD with Sonic the rest of this is an Amy run. I really like how they let you do Amy and Tails together!

I think I’m going to push to finish Tears of the Kingdom today and tomorrow. I know I still have a ton of stuff I could do in it, but I’m losing interest, and I’ll feel better if I just roll credits on this and have one fewer game to juggle. 

I'm playing Marvel's Avengers, and I finally hit level 50 with Captain America! So just 11 more characters to level up... Also have to level up champion. Quick matches still happen quickly, so at least some people are still playing.

I still don't get how you can upgrade equipment besides the far right piece. My equipment is at a 120 power level.

• Halal 1

After a few days, played a touch of Elden Ring. All was well, I killed the big giant thing on my way down the coastal area, went into a cave and with the help of some summon beat two beast chief thingies…continued to pootle along looking for some Sites of Grace when I saw an updraft thing, thought wicked, time to go further south then was promptly chucked off a cliff. I’ll be off to get those runes back tomorrow! The game is very fun, very accessible, unbelievably large…

• Like 2
  • Halal 1

16 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

After a few days, played a touch of Elden Ring. All was well, I killed the big giant thing on my way down the coastal area, went into a cave and with the help of some summon beat two beast chief thingies…continued to pootle along looking for some Sites of Grace when I saw an updraft thing, thought wicked, time to go further south then was promptly chucked off a cliff. I’ll be off to get those runes back tomorrow! The game is very fun, very accessible, unbelievably large…

Glad you're enjoying it. It will give you 80+ hours of enjoyment but you may run into a roadblock with some of the later bosses. Phenomenal game though.

Finding out trying to juggle too many games is a problem but I feel better than just playing one game because I'll get burnt out on it. 

Now rotating through

Witcher 3

Spider Man Remastered-never actually finished it

FFVI pixel remaster

Tactics Ogre Reborn.

It's mostly the top two though.

I read that South is the way to go in ER so I did that. I picked up my runes and a few others along the way and I’m now at the heady heights of level 16. I kept plugging away and I’ve ended up at Castle Monte where I died after climbing a ladder, so I might just do some levelling up and give it another go tomorrow.

• Halal 1

I started playing A Juggler’s Tale which is a 2.5D side scrolling platform puzzle game, and I’m really liking it. The graphics are gorgeous, and the game oozes with charm. It’s similar to games like Limbo, Inside and Little Nightmares, but I like it more than those.

BOTW, after completing the most majority of the most significant content in TOTK, I have now gone back to finish up the near 1/3 of content I didnt finish in BOTW…

In addition to that 1/3, I still have the DLC to play through… Holy Crap I have been missing out cause those Champion DLC shrines are some of the very best in the game..  nice and in-depth now that the training wheels are off…

• Halal 1

Horizon Zero Dawn.  I actually played all of Forbidden West, but put this one down unfinished three years ago.  Didn't transfer my PS4 save to my PS5(if that's even possible) so I started over.  We'll see if I make it all the way this time.

I’m on strike today so dived back into Elden Ring. I’ve been exploring more of Limgrave and taken in and beaten the boss of the dog cave and I’ll have a crack at the Stormfoot Catacombs. I’m level 20 so I think I’ll push to

maybe 25 then try and finish Castle Morne and then maybe follow the main quest path. Wife is back in full RDR2 mode so I’ve also charged up the Switch to try Tears of the Kingdom out this evening.

19 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I’m on strike today so dived back into Elden Ring. I’ve been exploring more of Limgrave and taken in and beaten the boss of the dog cave and I’ll have a crack at the Stormfoot Catacombs. I’m level 20 so I think I’ll push to

maybe 25 then try and finish Castle Morne and then maybe follow the main quest path. Wife is back in full RDR2 mode so I’ve also charged up the Switch to try Tears of the Kingdom out this evening.

Your wife has excellent taste! You are playing two of the greatest games ever made so enjoy!

Got a PS5 for Fathers Day, and I've been playing FF7 Remake with the PS5 upgrade in the free time I've had. 

What a gorgeous game. 

I think I'm nearing the end though, so I'm looking for my next game out of a list of "free" stuff with my PS+ membership & suggestions are welcome! So far, we have: 

Death Stranding: Directors Cut

Days Gone

God of War: Ragnarok

Ragnarok came with the PS5, I was leaning towards it but I've never played any of the others in the series. Days Gone looks bonkers with the amount of enemies on screen, and Death Stranding just looks weird & odd & pretty & I'm really curious how much walking you do in this walking simulator. 

I also want to play Spider-Man & FF16, but I don't want to pay for them right now 😝 so there's that. 

39 minutes ago, TheRealSmallville said:

Ragnarok came with the PS5, I was leaning towards it but I've never played any of the others in the series.

Ragnarok is a direct continuation to God of War (2018), so you should play that first otherwise you’ll be completely lost with what’s going on in Ragnarok.

I’m playing Wave Tale as a late night game, I’m probably 1/3rd through now. It’s actually pretty damn good. Definitely some Beyond Good and Evil vibes in a way. If that game was a platformer. I’m not sure why I feel that way if it’s just the water or pure vibes or something more specific I can’t put my finger on. But it’s a fun game to chill with and plays very well mechanically (besides combat which might as well not be there for the most part but it’s fine)

Plays great at 1080p/60 on the asus ally with room to spare so it’ll play at deck 720/60 I’m sure as well.  

Id recommend it at the current steam sale price for $18 or so.

XueH0WgI.jpg
OPENCRITIC.COM

Wavetale is rated 'Strong' after being reviewed by 31 critics, with an overall average score of 75. It's ranked in the top 37% of games and recommended by 60% of critics.

• Halal 1