What are you playing today?

2 minutes ago, TheRealSmallville said:

Sweet! Well, that helps when I get around to GoW. In the meantime, I guess that narrows it down to Death Stranding or Days Gone because @best3444 DIDNT PICK ME FOR THE GAME GIVEAWAYS SO I HAVE TO PLAY OLD GAMES LIKE A PEASANT OVER HERE. 

Death Stranding was extremely beautiful and unique but boy it isn't for everyone. It truly starts out as a walking sim but you eventually get alternative ways to travel. It's extremely fucked up lol but I absolutely loved it!

Days Gone is a hidden gem but it starts out slow. Overall it's pretty damn cool especially dealing with the hordes. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Death Stranding was extremely beautiful and unique but boy it isn't for everyone. It truly starts out as a walking sim but you eventually get alternative ways to travel. It's extremely fucked up lol but I absolutely loved it!

Days Gone is a hidden gem but it starts out slow. Overall it's pretty damn cool especially dealing with the hordes. 

I'm thinking Death Stranding is probably next up...I could use a game that starts out chill after FF7, and before tackling something zany like zombie hordes or whatever. 

1 minute ago, TheRealSmallville said:

I'm thinking Death Stranding is probably next up...I could use a game that starts out chill after FF7, and before tackling something zany like zombie hordes or whatever. 

The hordes actually scared the shit out of me so yea, try Death Stranding for a more relaxing experience. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, TheRealSmallville said:

GoW 2018 doesn't require GoW 1-3?

No, not really. It’s pretty much a reboot with only some occasional small references to the previous games.

19 hours ago, TheRealSmallville said:

I guess that narrows it down to Death Stranding or Days Gone

Days Gone is one of my favorite last gen games, it’s extremely underrated IMO.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

1 minute ago, Phaseknox said:

No, not really. It’s pretty much a reboot with only some occasional small references to the previous games.

Days Gone is one of my favorite last gen games, it’s extremely underrated IMO.

How open is the world in Days Gone? Like, full open world or is it open zones? 

14 minutes ago, TheRealSmallville said:

How open is the world in Days Gone? Like, full open world or is it open zones? 

It’s full open world but not overwhelmingly large like something like Skyrim, and it’s kind of funneled how you travel to different areas instead of just being able to go in any direction that you want right from the outset. And you can’t go to some areas until you progress in the story. Basically, it’s a little more condensed, directed and focused than something like a vast open world RPG.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

2 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

It’s full open world but not overwhelmingly large like something like Skyrim, and it’s kind of funneled how you travel to different areas instead of just being able to go in any direction that you want right from the outset. And you can’t go to some areas until you progress in the story. Basically, it’s a little more condensed, directed and focused than something like a vast open world RPG.

That sounds pretty awesome 🤔 Thank you for the heads up!

I’m playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands again, I played through it a few years ago and I got in the mood to play through it again. It’s one of the best military action games that I’ve played, it has an impressive almost photo realistic open world that’s packed with stuff to do in it. I really like the varied gameplay mechanics that allow you to be stealthy, or go in guns blazing. How you approach the mission objectives is entirely up to you, it’s completely unscripted which results in unpredictable events that play out. It’s just a lot of fun IMO.

• Like 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

More Tears of the Kingdom if my wife isn’t playing it. I need to get my gaming fun in now because tomorrow I’ve got a load of work I need to get through for the last two weeks of school. 

Update: So, my wife has ended up watching And Just Like That, Season 2 and bedtime went well for the first time in 2 weeks for my daughter so I’ve been able to play. I’ve got off the Sky area and I’ve pinned a few interesting locations but just about to follow the main quest line for a bit. 

33 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I did. I'm getting back on my PS5 so I'll try again. Any updates on your impressions?

I’m using the 3 click swing method which I really like. It has tons of things to do. Challenges, quests, moments, career mode. It’s not easy and has a learning curve. The greens are realistic and very fast. It plays like an rpg. Using your skill points to raise stats such as driver/approach/putting/irons/etc. The pro shop offers real life brands like Puma, Nike, Adidas, etc. They are expensive using in game currency. You can purchase more but that’ll cost you real life money. Overall it’s lots better than PGA 2K. I played for three hours this morning just doing the Nike challenges. They are difficult as hell but fun. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I’m using the 3 click swing method which I really like. It has tons of things to do. Challenges, quests, moments, career mode. It’s not easy and has a learning curve. The greens are realistic and very fast. It plays like an rpg. Using your skill points to raise stats such as driver/approach/putting/irons/etc. The pro shop offers real life brands like Puma, Nike, Adidas, etc. They are expensive using in game currency. You can purchase more but that’ll cost you real life money. Overall it’s lots better than PGA 2K. I played for three hours this morning just doing the Nike challenges. They are difficult as hell but fun. 

That sounds pretty damn good and way more in depth than I thought. I bought it and it's almost finished downloading. It will be a nice diversion from FF16. 

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie it does look really good. Sometimes photo realistic and it is a bit difficult. I actually shot E on 18 holes though and had a few birdies. I won't play this a lot but it is fun and time flys when you're playing it. 

It gets better once you start leveling up your character. Don’t forget to change it to 60fps. 

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

They really gotta just name it something else lol. Super confusing having two PGA Tour games - like name it EA Golf - their own name has enough brand recognition to do what it needs to do.

I mean one has a 2K after the PGA and the other has EA before it. Learn to read. 

Just now, Biggie said:

I mean one has a 2K after the PGA and the other has EA before it. Learn to read. 

I mean my golf game has Mario in it but I’m expecting a lot of people getting the wrong golf game for their birthday lol

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It gets better once you start leveling up your character. Don’t forget to change it to 60fps. 

I changed it to 60 but ONLY because you mentioned it. It's not an obvious option imo but it plays beautifully. Pebble Beach looks awesome. 

I had stopped playing Hogwart's Legacy to play Aliens: Dark Descent.

However, A:DD is much more of a stressful stealth game than I thought it would be.  I've decided that the rest of my life is stressful enough, and that I want to game to relax.  So, I 'm back to being a wizard that runs around doing stupid errands -- and fucking up evil wizards -- and I'm so much happier.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Finally fired up Ghost of Tshhhh---whatever last night. Still trying to get a handle on it but it's pretty cool so far 

Im really high and Ghost of Tshhhh had me picturing like..sassy Ghost of Tsushima and it made me laugh 

I played some TF2 on my new LG G3 OLED (w/ Big Picture Mode) tonight, and even that 16 year old game really pops on the TV thanks to the bright colors. Awesome. I probably won't make a habit of it on the TV due to the constant HUD and my fear of burn in, but this TV continues to impress me. 

I also got a wireless mouse, keyboard, and headset, plus a couch desk, so I'm sitting on my sofa playing on the big screen completely wirelessly from my desktop across the room. Gaming bliss. :daydream: