What are you playing today?

2 hours ago, dualhunter said:

You either need to beat him in 1 round so that your party doesn't get wiped by Immaculate End out or use auto-revive items so that you can survive the attack and have longer to beat him. I went with the single round strategy. You'll need to practice to learn how to avoid his attacks. Once you're good at that the next hard part is making sure you can prepare properly for the stagger and then execute the right sequence of attacks to take him out before the stagger ends. If you fail to take him out before the stagger ends you might be ok like I was, if he doesn't have much HP left and you're able to spam magic to finish him off before he wipes you out. I think I finished him with the last of my MP.

I'm pretty sure this is what I used:

Weiss-Guide-Thumbnail-Wowpro.jpg
WWW.WOW-PRO.COM

Welcome to my 10-step strategy guide to to defeat Weiss easily in PS5 FF7 Remake Intergrade. Introduction At first glance, Weiss can seem to be a very difficult boss: Any of his abilities can...

I'll definitely use that when I try again so thank you! This was the only fight I had problems with and I never used that dash away and didn't know you could do that bounce over the opponent. Which I'm not very good at doing.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Metroid Prime is dope af. I'm finally scanning my brains out and progressing nicely.

@stepee did you ever finish this?

I keep getting interrupted. It looks amazing on n-real too, so that’s a good idea to play soon. 

I’m for some reason focusing on completing this Mario Sunshine play through lately! Taking forever because some spots are fkn hard 

• Halal 1

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

I keep getting interrupted. It looks amazing on n-real too, so that’s a good idea to play soon. 

I’m for some reason focusing on completing this Mario Sunshine play through lately! Taking forever because some spots are fkn hard 

I forgot you're busy with your new toy. I absolutely loved Sunshine but don't recall it being difficult. I was young and spry then so gaming was easier for me. 

Man I got Super Mario Galaxy 2 looking right in 3D with nreal off of steam deck and it looks so damn beautiful.

It’s the one Mario platformer I haven’t beaten as I had totally moved on from wii when it came out. I’ve emulated the first couple levels over the years on various devices but it took a bit for there to be a handheld powerful enough to run it well and I kept hoping Nintendo would port it.

So it’s always been this bonus available 3D Mario I never played waiting for me and I think this might be the way I finally play it once I get a laptop because in 3D you pretty much have to switch to native res of Wii to run it in 3D at 60fps on deck. But now with nreal I can just play off a laptop and get the same comfort and experience as a handheld. Gonna be good.

16 hours ago, best3444 said:

I forgot you're busy with your new toy. I absolutely loved Sunshine but don't recall it being difficult. I was young and spry then so gaming was easier for me. 

It was an easy game with some early-90s leaps in difficulty at times. Namely the beach hit with all the rays and that stupid pachinko machine.

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

As soon as I get home tonight I’m jumping of LoZ TotK

I got out at 11am and got paid until 3pm :cool:

I immediately went home and fired up Zelda lol. I am basically starting up a dungeon now. It was quite the process to get to that point but it was fun. 

As weak as the Switch is some of the scenery in this game can be beautiful. 

• Like 1

I started playing King’s Bounty II, and I’ve been enjoying it. It’s a story driven third person medieval fantasy RPG with a tactical turn-based battle system. It’s like a mix of Arcania, Divinity: Original Sin, Dragon Age, The Elder Scrolls, Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Two Worlds. It’s a mid-tier AA game with decent graphics and voice acting. It has a fairly big varied game world, and a lot of main and side quests.

The one somewhat awkward thing about it is that you traverse the game world and interact with NPCs by yourself as if you’re alone, but you have a small squad of fighters in your party that fight for you in combat. They’re not actual party members that travel with you, they’re disposable fighters that only appear during combat. They can die in battle, but you can recruit more with money.

The tactical turn-based combat is fun, but transitioning from third person solo traversal gameplay to isometric view squad based tactical battles for combat is a little weird. However, it still manages to work. I’ve been enjoying the story, characters, quests and combat.

• Like 1

Up to chapter 10 in RE4, so far, so great. All the changes thus far have been a massive improvement, except my brain wants a quick turn to be down+O not down+R1. 

Edit: I also know it’s part of the RE4 experience, but I’m so psyched when Ashley is snatched by some monster and I don’t have to worry about defending her. It’s not a problem, but it makes me miss the ‘other’ character in Naughty Dog games who just take care of their own business. 

3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’m off today, gonna try to get some time in with both Zelda and TLOU2. 

I was doing that mix at Zeldas launch. I felt they complimented each other nicely because they are so wildly different AND amazing. TLOU2 is in my top 5 games of all-time.

34 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I was doing that mix at Zeldas launch. I felt they complimented each other nicely because they are so wildly different AND amazing. TLOU2 is in my top 5 games of all-time.

I think I like Part One just a tad better, probably because I felt it had better pacing. But both games together fit into my Top 10 of all time. It’s really rare that I replay games. 

31 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I think I like Part One just a tad better, probably because I felt it had better pacing. But both games together fit into my Top 10 of all time. It’s really rare that I replay games. 

I agree that part 1 is more focused and better paced. Also, part 2 is extremely dark and depressing but just so fucking well done. I really just consider them one big game that qualify for my top 5. 

So I fired up Armored Core 2. Right off the bat this game is looking clean. Such a step up graphically from the PS1. One thing I thought they would do is actually use the analog sticks. Nope. No movement or look is tied to them but for some reason they added controls to the L3 and R3 buttons. :silly:

Also, there is an image converter so you can import an image to use as your emblem. I wanted to use the same one I used in the original games, but it's looking much better here. Your emblem can be 255 colors instead of the 16 or whatever the PS1 limited you to.

However, I did a bonehead thing so it took me longer than I should have. I properly converted the save file, but I loaded up my game and looked and the emblem was the same. So I went through the process of figuring out how to do it correctly (even the emblem showed not right in the memory card browser) turns out I was dumb and was supposed to LOAD the emblem save data, and once I did that it was right. :doh:

• Like 1

The Talos Principle is one of the most consistently rewarding puzzle games I’ve ever played. Skipping a puzzle because it feels impossible, then coming back to it a day later and instantly crushing can either make you feel like an idiot (I’m so dumb, why didn’t I think of that the first time) or a genius (fuck you game! I’m learning and getting better!). This game makes me feel a genius every time. Although now I’m facing like 6 different puzzles that are all stumping me, so maybe the genius feeling is gonna go away real soon. :p

• Halal 1

A couple of more Armored Core 2 thoughts here:

This was one of the first games I bought on PS2 yet I don't remember this: The mission briefings are completely voice acted. In the original three game they were not voiced, just a blippy sounds. When I heard this I was kind of blown away.

I mentioned that the controls are the basically the same as the original games yet the game feels a lot more fluid to play. The PS1 games kind of felt like playing in slow motion the way this game moves.

I miss my old AC. Because you could import progress between all three games, I was super OP by the time I got to the 3rd game. You have to start over from scratch in AC3 and so far they aren't very generous with the payouts. I've done a mission and 2 arena fights and still don't have enough money for the cheapest gun :cry:

Aiming for yet more RE4 if my daughter naps/tonight, however my wife has murmured about playing Hogwarts Legacy and focusing on wrapping up the main story of TotK…so either I might be playing that or reading.

Update: Up to chapter 13 and also finished my book! 

Wrapped up The Talos Principle. Worked at it on and off all day yesterday, finally got down to three puzzles left and three in-game hints, so I was able to get through it all without looking up any guides, which felt incredible. Still don’t know what was up with the gold stars though. Most of those felt like practical jokes that were impossible to get and just there to fuck with you. 

Didn’t want to make a new thread just for this so threw it in here. Pretty cool. 

pastle_joy_cons.jpeg?fit=1080%2C1080&ssl
MYNINTENDONEWS.COM

A brand new first-party game isn't the only thing that Nintendo randomly decided to officially announce on their Twitter tonight. If you have been wanting some new Joy-Con controller colors for your…

59 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Didn’t want to make a new thread just for this so threw it in here. Pretty cool. 

pastle_joy_cons.jpeg?fit=1080%2C1080&ssl
MYNINTENDONEWS.COM

A brand new first-party game isn't the only thing that Nintendo randomly decided to officially announce on their Twitter tonight. If you have been wanting some new Joy-Con controller colors for your…

spacer.png