What are you playing today?

On 7/13/2023 at 1:35 PM, stepee said:

Yeah the 4090 from a 3080 (and a 3080 wasn’t far off from a 3090 in that gen) was the craziest upgrade I’ve ever had in the smallest amount of time. But it’s also just the biggest rip off where a 4090 should be a 4080 and priced as such and then going down from there and then have a full chip actual 4090 that is like 10-20% faster like usual. Everything got priced up a tier and the only one that seems like a decent value is the 4090 since it does offer a generation leap over the 3090ti in the same price bracket. I’m hoping the bad press and some diminishing sales gets Nvidia to calm the fuck down and just grab extra money from their corporate customers instead of gamers.

When does Meteor Lake processor supposed to come out?

Just now, Remarkableriots said:

When does Meteor Lake processor supposed to come out?

I don’t really follow early hardware rumors, impression Im getting is desktop versions might not make it this year. I don’t see them releasing early next year especially if they plan on releasing raptor lake refreshes as 14th gen desktop processors as also rumored, so I would assume fall 24 if the rumors are true. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Biggie said:

I’ve been playing a ton of PGA Tour career mode. Won my first tournament. The Canadian Open. @best3444

I haven't really played anything in a week. I went back to FF16 yesterday and plan on beating that.

I will show my dad golf because he loves it and would be impressed. Last golf game I showed him was back in the PS2 days.

Glad you're enjoying it and doing well, too. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I haven't really played anything in a week. I went back to FF16 yesterday and plan on beating that.

I will show my dad golf because he loves it and would be impressed. Last golf game I showed him was back in the PS2 days.

Glad you're enjoying it and doing well, too. 

A week? Are you in a gaming rut?

Because I am only capable of making bad decisions, I have decided it would be a good idea to try and 100% both GTAV and RDR2 while also going for the gold medals achievements, because I clearly hate myself and never want to actually make a dent in my backlog. I know some people don't like these games because of the controls, but I do love the world of both enough to forgive the janky. I'm also following guides online, because fuck it these games are too damn big not to. Enjoying myself so far, but I'm sure after a week or two I'll get burnt out and realize this was a bad idea. 

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I started playing Wanted: Dead and it’s a pretty cool Japanese third person action game with melee and shooting combat, but it’s really hard which unfortunately ruins it for me. I play games to have fun, not to be frustrated by cheap difficulty which this game has.

@Keyser_Soze

@stepee

I almost got it at the $30 sale price but then I read about the difficulty, that is unfortunate :(

12 hours ago, stepee said:

I almost got it at the $30 sale price but then I read about the difficulty, that is unfortunate :(

After dying repeatedly it asked me if I wanted to change the difficulty to Neko-Chan which I thought was easy so I did, but it’s not any easier you’re just given two extra health injectors. The downside to this is that your character wears silly cat ears, and two extra health injectors don’t really make the game any easier.

• Sad 1

Played some Jedi Survivor earlier, now putting some time into Remnant 2. May give some love to Final Fantasy and Diablo later. @Phaseknox have you heard about this game?

I saw it and thought to myself, there's only ONE other guy who could see the unappreciated brilliance in this game :p It even has a chick as aplayable character :drool:

Ive been jumping around playing a bunch of games on my new laptop. 

Valiant Hearts - Ive always wanted to play this game and so far its pretty great. The music is amazing and I love the story. 

Battlefield 2042 - huge BF fan and when I originally played BF2042 at launch it Fing sucked. I think maybe i played 1-2hrs.. Well they definitely fixed a bunch of it and it feels and plays a lot better

Chivalry 2 - still playing this game even though I absolutely suck at it. I just cannot grasp the gameplay. I get absolutely wrecked and dont know what Im doing wrong. Still a blast. 

The Ascent - installed in on gamepass - really cool cyberpunk game. I know its leaving gamepass soon. I hope that doesnt mean it wont be playable since Ive installed it

Battlebit Remaster - the best BF game out.

Disco Elysium - put in about 2-3hrs. weird game.. gotta jump back in bc its weird and interesting. and weird. 

17 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@Phaseknox have you heard about this game?

I saw it and thought to myself, there's only ONE other guy who could see the unappreciated brilliance in this game :p It even has a chick as aplayable character :drool:

I haven’t heard about it, so thanks for bringing it to my attention. It totally looks like my kind of game. Unfortunately it’s not on PS4, but I’m definitely buying it when I get a PS5 Pro.

15 hours ago, atom631 said:

Valiant Hearts - Ive always wanted to play this game and so far its pretty great. The music is amazing and I love the story.

This has been in my backlog forever, I really need to play it.

15 hours ago, atom631 said:

The Ascent - installed in on gamepass - really cool cyberpunk game.

I agree that it’s really cool, I need to go back to it because I remember another game sidetracked me at the time that I was playing it. But I was definitely enjoying it, and want to finish it.

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

I haven’t heard about it, so thanks for bringing it to my attention. It totally looks like my kind of game. Unfortunately it’s not on PS4, but I’m definitely buying it when I get a PS5 Pro.

Oh my bad, I thought it was for some reason. That game you posted has definitely caught my attention though.

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Do you think I can move my gamepass save file over and use it on steam?

I don't know that's a good question. How much was it on STEAM and why didn't you just buy the Xbox one? They sell games at a pretty decent discount if you chose to buy them while they're on gamepass especially when they are about to leave the service. Was the Steam discount that much better? Pretty sure @JPDunks4 beat this game.

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh my bad, I thought it was for some reason. That game you posted has definitely caught my attention though.

I don't know that's a good question. How much was it on STEAM and why didn't you just buy the Xbox one? They sell games at a pretty decent discount if you chose to buy them while they're on gamepass especially when they are about to leave the service. Was the Steam discount that much better? Pretty sure @JPDunks4 beat this game.

it was like $23 on gamepass.. and it was $12 on steam with all the DLC included. 

also - i got it done. found this handy guide. worked like a charm. 

1628143053_the-ascent.jpg
GAMEPLAY.TIPS

Here is how you can copy your save from the Xbox Game Pass to Steam! Guide to Copy Xbox Game Pass Save to Steam Before You Begin In order to follow the steps I had gone through to get your save moved over from Game Pass --- Steam there are a few things I should point out before you go through the

• Halal 1

40 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh my bad, I thought it was for some reason.

Because it looks like a last gen game. :p

40 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That game you posted has definitely caught my attention though.

Do you mean Wanted: Dead? I totally dig it, but it’s hard and I’m not good at hard games.

• Halal 1

Trying the 1.11 patch on Redfall and the performance is fantastic now on my laptop. There’s a loading stutter here and there but it’s primarily 140-158fps at 1600p dlss performance. It actually looks quite nice now as I think they fixed some texture loading issues as well. 

I’m not going to bring my laptop with me tomorrow but I’m downloading it on my rog ally to see if it runs well there too now. I might make this my next game now, we will c.

@best3444 You should create a character and try career mode. You work your way up the ranks from the Korn Ferry Tour to the FedEx pga tour. You can buy clothes such as Jordan brand. Even the shoes! Adidas, Puma, etc. Equipment like Taylor Made, Ping, Titleist. Upgrade your stats like drive, approach, putting etc.   It plays like a rpg. I’m addicted.   

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@best3444 You should create a character and try career mode. You work your way up the ranks from the Korn Ferry Tour to the FedEx pga tour. You can buy clothes such as Jordan brand. Even the shoes! Adidas, Puma, etc. Equipment like Taylor Made, Ping, Titleist. Upgrade your stats like drive, approach, putting etc.   It plays like a rpg. I’m addicted.   

I do play it in-between PGA, Rachet, and ff16. I need to create a player and move along the the career mod. It's really fun.