What are you playing today?

21 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Fuck it, I know Zelda is just a few days away, but I decided to do a NG+ for The Last of Us Part II. Been itching to play it since I finished the remake of Part I. I was just waiting til I finished Metroid Prime. 

I really need to go back and play part 2. I only played a little of it before completely falling out of gaming for a bit and just never returned to it. 

11 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

I really need to go back and play part 2. I only played a little of it before completely falling out of gaming for a bit and just never returned to it. 

On my 6th time currently. 

Spoiler

Just beat the rat king. Still impressive lol.

14 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

It’s so good, but so bleak. Story is great and I absolutely love Ellie and Dina, but parts of it are just gut wrenching. 

• True 1

I started playing Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories. I’ve been a fan of the Disaster Report series since the original on PS2 which is still the best IMO, but this latest installment comes close. It’s a mid-tier AA Japanese adventure game about surviving earthquakes in a city, and there’s mini stories involving characters that you meet while trying to escape the city. Despite the serious theme of the game, it’s a little on the quirky side with comedic moments. The graphics are a little dated considering that this began development on PS3, but the earthquake effects of the ground shaking and structures collapsing are cool. I’ve been enjoying it since I’ve always been a fan of somewhat off-the-wall Japanese games.

• Like 1

I’m going out on a trade in binge tomorrow in pursuit of a PS5.

We’re (regrettably) going to be selling:

PS2

PS3

Wii

Wii U

DS

2x GBC

N64

Gamecube

2x joycons 

and a lot of games to go with them. The end game will hopefully be a lovely PS5 then whatever PS+ can offer me. 

I also already feel bad for the guys working when I rock up with my stupid amount of electronics that will need testing tomorrow morning at opening time.

Update: I went in an hour before closing so it was very quiet and the guy seemed very happy to go through all my things.

If all my tech passes their check (really it’s just my Wii U I’m unsure about as the game pad battery is dead, so they may decline it, possibly some random old Sony Xperia), but it should net me, with games and peripherals, maybe $600 (being conservative) to $750 (if I’m lucky).

Or they decline the lot and I go and mope. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Halal 2

1 minute ago, gamer.tv said:

I’m going out on a trade in binge tomorrow in pursuit of a PS5.

We’re (regrettably) going to be selling:

PS2

PS3

Wii

Wii U

DS

2x GBC

N64

Gamecube

2x joycons 

and a lot of games to go with them. The end game will hopefully be a lovely PS5 then whatever PS+ can offer me. 

I also already feel bad for the guys working when I rock up with my stupid amount of electronics that will need testing tomorrow morning at opening time.

Do it. Congrats 👏 

Ok NOW started up Project Phantasma after I got all the secret weapons and finished all the missions in the first game. Didn't know the game would be so short (17 missions) seems like a bigger emphasis on the Arena than the story. However, the story does have a greater presentation this time but it's also more straightforward it seems.

So, after all our consoles etc were tested, we came away with about $800. 

That's allowed me to buy a PS5 (disc version), Hogwart's Legacy, God of War: Ragnarok, RE4 Remake, and Elden Ring. 

We'll set it up after my daughter has headed to bed and then see what RE4:R looks like (along with adding a load of games to my PS5 library from PS+). 

Update: I couldn’t wait, all updated and Astro being downloaded for good measure (with RE4 going to install whilst I take my daughter to her swimming lesson). 

Update 2: We let our 2 and a half year old daughter have a go at Astro (Cooling Springs) and she had a blast running around and jumping into the water.

• Like 1
  • Halal 2
  • Hugs 2

3 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

That's allowed me to buy a PS5 (disc version), Hogwart's Legacy, God of War: Ragnarok, RE4 Remake, and Elden Ring. 

We'll set it up after my daughter has headed to bed and then see what RE4:R looks like (along with adding a load of games to my PS5 library from PS+). 

Update: I couldn’t wait, all updated and Astro being downloaded for good measure (with RE4 going to install whilst I take my daughter to her swimming lesson). 

Update 2: We let our 2 and a half year old daughter have a go at Astro (Cooling Springs) and she had a blast running around and jumping into the water.

That’s awesome you got the ps5! A little earlier in the gen than usual for you I feel. But I guess your hand was forced.

Since this will be your main console now the first issue you are going to have is disc space so if you want, find out how much this is on your Amazon: 

https://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Heatsink-Internal-Compatible-MZ-V8P2T0CW/dp/B09JHKSNNG/ref=sxin_31_ac_m_hl?ac_md=7-1-Nyw1MDAgbWJpdC9zICYgYWJvdmU%3D-ac_m_hl_hl_rf&content-id=amzn1.sym.92ebdfd1-1811-43bd-9958-e977810dd8f8%3Aamzn1.sym.92ebdfd1-1811-43bd-9958-e977810dd8f8&crid=2B8RH16R9YIJL&cv_ct_cx=samsung+980+pro+2tb&keywords=samsung+980+pro+2tb&pd_rd_i=B09JHKSNNG&pd_rd_r=58aacee1-974a-4f6a-80ec-c3708909d5d5&pd_rd_w=blWxX&pd_rd_wg=ybFzv&pf_rd_p=92ebdfd1-1811-43bd-9958-e977810dd8f8&pf_rd_r=G2VXTCJDCXVN0M3FYJ4X&qid=1684086386&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=samsung+980+pro+2tb%2Caps%2C273&sr=1-2-b5f6a42d-c16a-4d58-a182-0a7cbf752fbc

And let me know what electronic payment app (i think i have most of them) to send the payment for it to (include taxes) as I’d like to buy you one.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

I started playing Megaman 11 as i finally got that! I always had the trouble pulling the trigger on it because I didn’t think block man in the demo was so great. Enjoying the full game a lot and I like the abilities you get in this one so far especially the bubble shooter. I just love the Megaman 8 art style going on here, i’d love a Megaman 12 with the same look but a higher budget so there’s more object density which I think is why it looks a little plain despite nice art per asset. 

10 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Very cool and congrats!

21 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Yeah, kids love Astro. We, along with my Wife’s sister, chipped in and got my nephew a PS5 for Christmas 2021, because he’s very immunosuppressed and the pandemic was rough on him (he was 8 when it started). I loaded it up with games like Spider-Man, Ratchet and Clank, etc. and he ran around in Astro for about 4 days straight while I helped him get his first platinum.

Im playing tears of the Kingdom. Will be playing it for a while yet! 

I ended up not even opening my Zelda Switch OLED, which I bought for this, because Emulation came knocking and I didn’t want to start over. Looks like it’s staying in the box. I might even shrink wrap it to protect it, because this is the last Switch game I’m playing unless they announce a new Mario game suddenly. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Yeah, kids love Astro. We, along with my Wife’s sister, chipped in and got my nephew a PS5 for Christmas 2021, because he’s very immunosuppressed and the pandemic was rough on him (he was 8 when it started). I loaded it up with games like Spider-Man, Ratchet and Clank, etc. and he ran around in Astro for about 4 days straight while I helped him get his first platinum.

Im playing tears of the Kingdom. Will be playing it for a while yet! 

I ended up not even opening my Zelda Switch OLED, which I bought for this, because Emulation came knocking and I didn’t want to start over. Looks like it’s staying in the box. I might even shrink wrap it to protect it, because this is the last Switch game I’m playing unless they announce a new Mario game suddenly. 

Good thinking in keeping the oled wrapped. 

My sister gave me her Switch Lite because she never plays it. She also gave me Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. My brother loaned me The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening and Metroid Dread.

I played a little Breath of the Wild, and I’m impressed with it so far. The game world is big, explorable and looks good. And it plays good as well. But despite it looking clean and crisp on the screen, the screen is pretty small. I admittedly would rather be playing it on a TV, but it’s also nice being able to play it anywhere instead of only in front of a TV.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

So in Project Phantasma the Arena missions don't seem to have any story significance, but I decided to run through it just because it seemed easy enough. Now I'm in the top 15 or so and the fights are really hard now. Enemies just stay up in the air and pelt you with massive explosives, kinda annoying. How do they have so little energy drain?

Dipping my toe into RE4 a bit more. I’m probably a bit weird, but during the week, I can’t really enjoy playing for more than maybe 30-45 minutes. Mainly as after bedtime is sorted, it about 7.30pm, then I don’t really want to play right up until bedtime. I’ve always been the same.

That said, games rules (wife says it’s boring but she has TotK to keep her going) and I’m going to enjoy a longer session tomorrow. 

Update 20/5: I'm pretty sure if I was left alone in my house for a weekend, I'd complete this within maybe 3 sittings in total? It's such a wonderful action game and so far, I've not felt any bullshit (after finishing Chapter 6) so far. 

It'll be interesting when I finish it and move onto Elden Ring...

On 5/16/2023 at 11:20 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

So in Project Phantasma the Arena missions don't seem to have any story significance, but I decided to run through it just because it seemed easy enough. Now I'm in the top 15 or so and the fights are really hard now. Enemies just stay up in the air and pelt you with massive explosives, kinda annoying. How do they have so little energy drain?

Figured out the solution to this. Tank up and play in the cave arena so it prevents them from flying around. Now you only have to not get hit by the energy swords that take off half your life. I'm #1 now! :cool:

Fucking finally beat that fake Chuck riding the bike in Dead Rising 2 Off The Record - fucking hard fight and I only won because Chuck finally bugged out and got stuck on a railing long enough for me to really pound him. I was off and on trying that for like a year lol.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Any suggestions for this fight? It's the last thing I have to finish.

You either need to beat him in 1 round so that your party doesn't get wiped by Immaculate End out or use auto-revive items so that you can survive the attack and have longer to beat him. I went with the single round strategy. You'll need to practice to learn how to avoid his attacks. Once you're good at that the next hard part is making sure you can prepare properly for the stagger and then execute the right sequence of attacks to take him out before the stagger ends. If you fail to take him out before the stagger ends you might be ok like I was, if he doesn't have much HP left and you're able to spam magic to finish him off before he wipes you out. I think I finished him with the last of my MP.

I'm pretty sure this is what I used:

Weiss-Guide-Thumbnail-Wowpro.jpg
WWW.WOW-PRO.COM

Welcome to my 10-step strategy guide to to defeat Weiss easily in PS5 FF7 Remake Intergrade. Introduction At first glance, Weiss can seem to be a very difficult boss: Any of his abilities can wreck one of your character quickly. […]

• Thanks 1