~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Spring time youth sports

My sister in law, the one that had covid, let her oldest son go play his school basketball ( I think BB) game even though he lost the ability to taste and said he'd get tested before the game....when my wife followed up about his test she said they were waiting for it to come back....

This is the kind of shit we are dealing with.

She also doesn't want to get a vaccine, even though her ass was in the hospital and she was at home bedridden for several days.

• Guillotine 1

10 minutes ago, Ominous said:

My sister in law, the one that had covid, let her oldest son go play his school basketball ( I think BB) game even though he lost the ability to taste and said he'd get tested before the game....when my wife followed up about his test she said they were waiting for it to come back....

This is the kind of shit we are dealing with.

She also doesn't want to get a vaccine, even though her ass was in the hospital and she was at home bedridden for several days.

Holy shit Jesus trapshooting christ

I get my first shot of the Moderna on Wednesday super excited! Also have my next doctors appointment that day hopefully can start walking again. Whats this I hear about people skipping the Moderna for the Pfizer? I thought it was pretty even on those two?

Schools in NY started sports back up in march and its really fucking dumb, the schools themselves still had/have serious restrictions with kids not co-mingling on busses or in the schools, only half capacity on busses ect... but then they're like ok the Basketball team made up of kids that can't possibly all be in the same mingling groups can all ride on one bus and then travel to another district where they're doing the same so they can spread it around as much as possible!  Also because sports started so late each seasonal sports schedule is like a month long, lol.

29 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

I get my first shot of the Moderna on Wednesday super excited! Also have my next doctors appointment that day hopefully can start walking again. Whats this I hear about people skipping the Moderna for the Pfizer? I thought it was pretty even on those two?

I actually have seen the opposite. 

38 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

A lot of people I’ve seen seem to prefer Pfizer over Moderna because anecdotally it seems that Pfizer causes less side effects. Anyone that actually passes up a Moderna shot to wait for a Pfizer shot is very silly imo.

7 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
210319150829-01-naval-medical-center-vac
WWW.CNN.COM

Nearly 40% of US Marines are declining Covid-19 vaccinations, according to data provided to CNN on Friday by the service, the first branch to disclose service-wide numbers on acceptance...

Man if only the they had a system or a hierarchy that allowed them to "order" or "command" those that are lower rank to get the Vaccine then this wouldnt be an issue.

• Shocked 1

So, I pretty much got no sides. My left arm/shoulder was sore as hell yesterday, to the point I could barely lift it. Other than that, nothing of note. The arm’s still a little sore and all of my muscles felt “weak” when lifting this morning so I had to go lighter than I was planning, but that’s it.

4 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

He goes on to say that 'children complicate things' as an afterthought. And he was embarrassed by us

I mean, as someone who is almost never around children unless something went horribly wrong, that is somewhat my attitude. Like after a couple months of when it gets to a point where you can just walk into a pharmacy and get a covid shot, I'm hanging out at the bar with the boys. Bro down at the hoedown. Getting trashed and making out with a stranger. Unless there's something I'm missing, saying I shouldn't be able to do that when people have had months to get vaccinated is kind of dumb.

Though I will still wear masks in grocery stores and such and plan to for some time. And again, outside of situations like that, I am hardly ever exposed to human offspring.

1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

I mean, as someone who is almost never around children unless something went horribly wrong, that is somewhat my attitude. Like after a couple months of when it gets to a point where you can just walk into a pharmacy and get a covid shot, I'm hanging out at the bar with the boys. Bro down at the hoedown. Getting trashed and making out with a stranger. Unless there's something I'm missing, saying I shouldn't be able to do that when people have had months to get vaccinated is kind of dumb.

Though I will still wear masks in grocery stores and such and plan to for some time. And again, outside of situations like that, I am hardly ever exposed to human offspring.

Unless I’m missing the point myself, I think the issue here is that nobody is going to be telling vaccinated people they shouldn’t be going to restaurants in the summer.

Unless it becomes clear that one of the variants can completely defeat the vaccines, I plan on resuming ‘normalcy’ two weeks post 2nd shot and not looking back. I definitely support continued community restrictions like smaller capacity, masks, etc., but I feel comfortable with the level of protection the vaccines provide. 

12 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Unless it becomes clear that one of the variants can completely defeat the vaccines, I plan on resuming ‘normalcy’ two weeks post 2nd shot and not looking back. I definitely support continued community restrictions like smaller capacity, masks, etc., but I feel comfortable with the level of protection the vaccines provide. 

This is pretty much it. A fully vaccinated person can do pretty much any normal activity at this point without fear. Individual communities still need to manage the spread amongst the unvaccinated, especially because the variants taking hold now are more contagious and lead to more severe cases than the OG virus.