~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Looking at Texas, the border counties are again having an outsized impact on the numbers. I haven’t been able to find info on this, but I would not be surprised if vaccinations are going slower down there too :/ 

59 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Jesus fuck

The only good news is that deaths are not skyrocketing yet like the previous two waves since most older people have been vaccinated. However, ICU and hospitalizations are increasing rapidly.

It's gonna be a long April in Ontario. I might as well start calling May, "2nd april" since the stay at home order is suppose to be all month long.

Keep seeing me being let go from my job as a blessing with the numbers we keep seeing. I was usually servicing stores in the hot zones in Peel/Toronto. I know people are tired of these lockdowns but you still have fuckheads who are calling this disease a hoax. Hell my brother in law that I can give 2 shits about most of time, doesn’t believe it’s all that real. Your wife, my sister, lost an aunt to it and the godmother of one of your kids lost 2 parents to within 3 weeks of each other. Fuck I wanna punch him many times over. Anyways, these are probably the same type of people who would say their was no Holocaust too. Few million people die, but they didn’t the way all these first hand accounts make it out to be. The family who are grieving over lost ones isn’t real. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

My dad said he actually felt worse after the first shot than the second one for some reason.

I have the day off work for the first shot and I'll probably schedule the day off for my second shot just to be safe.

That's often a sign that he previously had COVID.

16 minutes ago, Joe said:

That's often a sign that he previously had COVID.

He may have, he works 7 days a week either delivering auto parts or in an amazon warehouse.

Given my extensive traveling last March and working in a bar, I wonder if my response will be similar

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

There's actually a decent amount of evidence to suggest that people that have had COVID don't need the second shot, but there is still not quite enough for the CDC to actually make that recommendation yet.

Are antibody tests super reliable yet? I haven't looked at data and I only know one person who has had one. If that is still the case, I'm sure the recommendation will be "get two shots anyway." I also don't know how the variants affect those tests.

37 minutes ago, Joe said:

There's actually a decent amount of evidence to suggest that people that have had COVID don't need the second shot, but there is still not quite enough for the CDC to actually make that recommendation yet.

fuck that give me a third shot 

49 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Fuck, our provincial numbers skyrocketed today. Only good news is that vaccines are being given out very fast.

YT59rDe.jpg

It's Easter coming home to roost.

That or the week before when we had that stretch of real nice weather. The lakeshore was just full/filled with people enjoying the outdoors walking and talking near me. Good chunk also weren’t wearing a mask, and like you said, here we are now. I admit a let out a Holy Shit when I saw the numbers for Ontario today. Watch us probably top it again, at least once more