~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

South Dakota refused to issue stay-at-home order, so two Indigenous tribes set up checkpoints to keep people off their land. Governor orders the checkpoints removed within 48 hours.

They have every right to be scared. Historically, Indigenous people in North America are hit hardest by infectious diseases due to lack of adequate healthcare and poor living conditions on reserves. Previous epidemics (such as Spanish Flu) have killed far more Indigenous people per capita than non-Indigenous.

How do these Tribal Nations NOT have the right to protect their lands?! Aren't they considered sovereign Nations? How does that work exactly? Also see my previous post linking that article about the racial contract

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

How do these Tribal Nations NOT have the right to protect their lands?! Aren't they considered sovereign Nations? How does that work exactly? Also see my previous post linking that article about the racial contract

They are restricting US/State highways. They need State agreement to do this. If they were blocking local roads, they wouldn’t need State agreements. 

14 hours ago, Jose said:

I actually made something similar meat wise today but I have a tendency to over season and over oil my foods sometimes. Now it's dry and tasteless halp. 

Did make fresh corn tortillas though. I recommend making them. Easy and delicious.

The other week I made fried chicken which was righteously under seasoned, and I felt great shame (especially since I cooked it perfectly). Definitely going to over compensate the next time around!

Everyone in WA who phoned in to report violators of the stay at home order has been doxxed, and some are now receiving death threats:

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/coronavirus/article242600551.html

Someone got the list of people who reported businesses and people, and released it. Now MAGA chuds are threatening them.

Some people who reported suspected violations of Gov. Jay Inslee’s stay-at-home proclamations are receiving death threats and harassment after their names and contact information were released by the state and made public on social media by people who obtained the information.

Nine spreadsheets containing thousands of names, phone numbers and email addresses were posted on Facebook pages Wednesday.

On Thursday, hundreds of people listed on the documents received an email titled, “Lowlife scumbag whistleblower snitches,” which singled out people who complained about businesses in the Sumner and Puyallup areas.

• Guillotine 1

Like the no old truck rule would be massive for emissions, the 2010 rule basically forced DEF injection systems and the difference between a 2010 emissions rule truck anything built before it is crazy, like just starting a pre 2007 truck to take it outside would give you a head ache, lol.  Imagining his idiots that won't buy and wear a mask cause freedom then swallowing that people have to get rid of their old stuff cause TRUMP!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8296417/Why-countries-shut-borders-Scientists-air-travel-main-driver-COVID-19-outbreaks.html

Air travel was the main driver behind the spread of coronavirus, according to a study which adds more weight to the theory that closing borders helps avert major crises.

Brazilian researchers found the nations hit hardest by the killer disease were ones which had busy airports accepting thousands of international flights.

It may explain why the US and the UK - which have the first and third highest air travel globally - have also suffered the most COVID-19 deaths with 74,600 and 30,615, respectively.

China, which has the second busiest airports, grounded all its flights from the virus’ epicentre in Hubei province on January 23, within weeks of the first diagnosed case.

The US did not lockdown its airports until late March, while Britain’s borders remain open to this day and officials still aren't routinely testing or quarantining travellers.

Damning figures show the UK quarantined just 273 out of 18.1million people who arrived in the UK in the three months before the lockdown was imposed. 

Researchers from the Federal University of Bahia in Salvador, who did the study, say screening and isolating travellers may have been 'a cheap solution for humanity'.

Even when we did the "travel bans" people who flew back from other countries were not screened at the airports upon arrival. Also I don't think its a surprise to anyone that air travel spreads the virus more quickly. It's one of the reasons why people suspect the virus left China far earlier than first suspected because it could have easily gone global within a day or two of the first case.

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Even when we did the "travel bans" people who flew back from other countries were not screened at the airports upon arrival. Also I don't think its a surprise to anyone that air travel spreads the virus more quickly. It's one of the reasons why people suspect the virus left China far earlier than first suspected because it could have easily gone global within a day or two of the first case.

Correct.  Screening and isolating/quarantining all international travellers probably would have had a significant positive impact to where we are today.

31 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

It's true...but once it was in the US, the biggest threat was internal air travel, which was unfortunately not restricted. This is going to be one of the big issues going forward in preventing it from re-spreading.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's true...but once it was in the US, the biggest threat was internal air travel, which was unfortunately not restricted. This is going to be one of the big issues going forward in preventing it from re-spreading.

I don't think that was explicitly something the study looked at.

However, at the risk of not leaving it to epidemiologists, I suspect that in North America we would need to limit all inter-city travel from infected areas due to the amount of car travel here.

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I don't think that was explicitly something the study looked at.

However, at the risk of not leaving it to epidemiologists, I suspect that in North America we would need to limit all inter-city travel from infected areas due to the amount of car travel here.

umar stay in your lane GIF

• Haha 1

So the UK is encouraging those who can't work from home, to start work again tomorrow, allow the country to indulge in unlimited exercise as of Wednesday and (despite saying this would be dependent on this change working) sending children aged 4, 5, 6, 10 and 11 back to school by June. 

After working with children around that age for the last two years, I can't see them socially distancing in the slightest...so rather than a second peak in October in the UK, should we just prepare for it around July instead.

• Shocked 1

Just now, gamer.tv said:

So the UK is encouraging those who can't work from home, to start work again tomorrow, allow the country to indulge in unlimited exercise as of Wednesday and (despite saying this would be dependent on this change working) sending children aged 4, 5, 6, 10 and 11 back to school by June. 

After working with children around that age for the last two years, I can't see them socially distancing in the slightest...so rather than a second peak in October in the UK, should we just prepare for it around July instead.

Kids that age have no idea what social distancing is as a concept. 

Nope, but in the UK it seems that the economy it more valuable than people not dying...

Naturally though, I do hope the choices have been made with the welfare of the country the sole focus and that the UK will will return to some form of normality soon...

13 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Nope, but in the UK it seems that the economy it more valuable than people not dying...

Naturally though, I do hope the choices have been made with the welfare of the country the sole focus and that the UK will will return to some form of normality soon...

I guess on the plus side is that when the U.K. economy goes full 28 Days Later the dumbasses can blame any and everything on the outbreak instead of Brexit.

We have something similar going on in the U.S. Win or lose, any hope of the Republicans realizing Trump was a mistake is gone. If he wins, he's da greatest. If he loses, it was an unwinnable situation for any president. So they'll double down and Trump even harder in 2024.

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Kids that age have no idea what social distancing is as a concept. 

Not true at all. At that age the other children were great about isolating me from the group...

Spoiler

:cry:

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

I guess on the plus side is that when the U.K. economy goes full 28 Days Later the dumbasses can blame any and everything on the outbreak instead of Brexit.

We have something similar going on in the U.S. Win or lose, any hope of the Republicans realizing Trump was a mistake is gone. If he wins, he's da greatest. If he loses, it was an unwinnable situation for any president. So they'll double down and Trump even harder in 2024.

Not true at all. At that age the other children were great about isolating me from the group...

Hide contents

:cry:

If trump loses 2020 he's going to be the nominee in 2024