~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Interesting...but my god, that article read like a recipe site. This is made up, but it reads like:

"Spider-Man's last game really called it! But before I say how it did, who is Spider-Man? Well, Spider-Man is like one of those summer's you spent as a kid, a familiar friendly thing you can remember fondly. Did I say familiar? Because that is what the plot is compared to today's real life situation! Oscorp did something bad...bad! But what is Oscorp? Well the first thing you need to know is that Oscorp is all about Norman Osborn. Get it? I sure didn't, but read on to see how I did, and how you will too ..."

I hate the current state of article writing, it's just so bad, and so obviously trying to game Google's horrible modern SEO.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

dOnAlD TrUmP iSn’T rAcIsT!

What really stands out to me in this clip is what a petulant child he is. He gets asked a question he doesn't like, gives a stupid answer, and when called on it, takes his ball and goes home. 

:flag_us_inverted:

9 minutes ago, Nokra said:

What really stands out to me in this clip is what a petulant child he is. He gets asked a question he doesn't like, gives a stupid answer, and when called on it, takes his ball and goes home. 

:flag_us_inverted:

He's the IRL version of Eric Cartman. 

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm not going to dignify watching that.  What did he say?

Said that people are dying everywhere and you should ask China. The reporter is Asian and she asked why he said that to her. He claims it's something he would say to anyone that asks a nasty question.

8 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Said that people are dying everywhere and you should ask China. The reporter is Asian and she asked why he said that to her. He claims it's something he would say to anyone that asks a nasty question.

She first asked him why he insists on making it a competition by claiming that the US is doing far better than any other country. "Why does that matter? Why is this a global competition to you if every day Americans are losing their lives." This is apparently the question he didn't like, presumably because it's implicitly critical, implying that he shouldn't be doing this. :silly:

2 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

What the hell, Belgium?!?!?

I just looked at the JUH data - they have 8,700 deaths for about 54,000 confirmed cases.  That's a mortality rate of 16% :shock:

Last I read, Belgium is including "suspected cases" in their death tally (which other countries are not doing).  At one point several weeks ago, more than half of their reported deaths had not had a positive COVID-19 test for the virus.

2 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

What the hell, Belgium?!?!?

I just looked at the JUH data - they have 8,700 deaths for about 54,000 confirmed cases.  That's a mortality rate of 16% :shock:

The Netherlands ain't too far behind with a mortality rate of 13%.

They're counting all suspected deaths in retirement homes as COVID-19 without testing.

5 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

She disguised criticism in the form of a question.  While her criticism is well founded, and Trump's answer is completely inappropriate.  Does anyone really believe that she asked a real question that she expected an answer to?

She did ask a real question and she SHOULD be able to get a real answer... I mean he is the President after all. 

6 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

She disguised criticism in the form of a question.  While her criticism is well founded, and Trump's answer is completely inappropriate.  Does anyone really believe that she asked a real question that she expected an answer to?

Remember all the times Obama rage-quit a press conference because Fox News tried to disguise criticism in the form of a question?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

BTW, I did Model Congress and Model UN in high school, and people always hated it when it was question time and you'd give a speech and punctuate it with a question mark so that it was technically a question. That's not what she was doing.

11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Is this why some on the right and conspiracy minded folks are saying the numbers are being exagerrated?

In their case it's just about downplaying it. I had a team huddle and someone mentioned that everyone that dies at a hospital is being listed as COVID because there is more money if it's a COVID case. 

Which makes little sense. My understanding is hospitals are doing poorly financially because so much of their money comes from surgeries. In addition in NJ/NYC the hospitals were swamped with COVID patients.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

BTW, I did Model Congress and Model UN in high school, and people always hated it when it was question time and you'd give a speech and punctuate it with a question mark so that it was technically a question. That's not what she was doing.

What information was she trying to get from Trump?