~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

34 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

When I got my motorcycle endorsement on my license in California, I didn't have to do the riding test.  This was only the case because I had taken a privately operated rider safety course.  If you pass the safety course, you get a certificate, which you show to the DMV.  

Right but you're still on a motorcycle passing basic tests administered by someone else, same thing with drivers ed, its not your parents saying, yeah hes good to go, and totally did 40 hours behind the wheel.

3 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

I've never heard of someone not having to do a road test conducted by a a state DOT employee, the written test is just to get your permit which is required to take the road test.

I didn’t in Texas. I asked my wife and she didn’t in New Mexico either. Only written tests. My mom just had to sign a driving log when I turned 16 before they would issue my license.

47 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

ts not your parents saying, yeah hes good to go, and totally did 40 hours behind the wheel.

It’s literally exactly that :p 

Conservatives in Canada are parroting the Republican line about cases coming here from China, and how Trudeau should have closed the borders sooner...but an analysis has shown that Canada caught COVID-19 from the US and EU sources: https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/canadas-early-covid-19-cases-came-from-the-u-s-not-china-provincial-data-shows

13 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

There is little reason to have limited travel from China early on...because China was lying about the virus. If nations knew back in December what the CCP knew then, I feel pretty certain travel from China would have been greatly curtailed in most countries.

17 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

There is little reason to have limited travel from China early on...because China was lying about the virus. If nations knew back in December what the CCP knew then, I feel pretty certain travel from China would have been greatly curtailed in most countries.

Absolutely. Knowing what we know now (and if we had known it then...), then borders should have been shut down internationally in January (or Dec, etc), and we might have avoided the pandemic altogether. We can blame our leaders for trusting what China was saying...but at the same time, it's not like they had a lot of other information to go off of either, and imagine the backlash if they had shut down all borders based on a hunch, and then there had been no real threat. The blame lays squarely on China for the initial fog of war. If this outbreak had started in Germany, the whole thing would have been incredibly different.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Now China knew everything about the virus in December? Ok then. 

1 minute ago, SilentWorld said:

Now China knew everything about the virus in December? Ok then. 

They knew it was transmitted human to human in December.

6 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

As much as I want to see Beijing held accountable, voiding debt obligations would be cutting off your head to spite your face.

Haven’t we learned by now that Trump is an idiot and the only person holding him up was his dad?

2 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

As much as I want to see Beijing held accountable, voiding debt obligations would be cutting off your head to spite your face.

Who knew that one day my US passport would be worth less than a roll of TP. 

:facepalm:

On 4/29/2020 at 2:30 PM, Dodger said:

Losing your job to all of this is more than just an "inconvenience". Not being able to watch baseball this year is an inconvenience, people not being able to work is a massive problem. Look I'm no virus denier here, but the lockdown is causing a lot of damage to society and at some point there is a good egalitarian argument to whether the lockdown is doing more harm than good. We already have perfectly healthy young people killing themselves over the isolation. Reports of domestic violence are up as people are trapped with their abusers all day. 

I'm not saying lets end the lockdown tomorrow and all get back to normal like nothing happened, but we really do need to focus on getting society moving again as fast and safely as possible. We can't continue to destroy the global economy. Yeah this probably makes me a dick but at the end of the day even if a couple million people die, that's less than half a percent of the worlds population. We need to figure out at what point does the damage the lockdown is doing is outweighing whatever number of lives we're saving. 

I'm definitely with you. The states and government can't afford to have every one home for months and months. I think 2 weeks ago I read a headline that Pennsylvania has enough unemployment money to cover 11 weeks.  That's really not long. 

2 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I'm definitely with you. The states and government can't afford to have every one home for months and months. I think 2 weeks ago I read a headline that Pennsylvania has enough unemployment money to cover 11 weeks.  That's really not long. 

PA is slated to ease some of the restrictions on May 8th.  I dont know all of the details, but that should at least relieve some employees and businesses.

11 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

PA is slated to ease some of the restrictions on May 8th.  I dont know all of the details, but that should at least relieve some employees and businesses.

http://wjactv.com/news/local/which-counties-can-reopen-may-8-pa-officials-say-well-have-an-answer-by-friday

Sounds like we will have an answer tomorrow. This article says they could open some counties and regions before others.  

"Wolf’s plan includes three color coded phases for each region: a strict red phase, which the entire state is currently under, a yellow phase, where restrictions begin to ease, and a green phase, where most restrictions are lifted.

One of the requirements for an area to move out of the red phase, is that it must report less than 50 cases per 100,000 people over a 14-day period." 

Fuck everyone of them assholes, and I hope they get it and realize that this shit is serious.

I’ve mentioned a co-worker who is all Pro Trump. Hadn’t seen him in a month since quarantine and so I sadly asked him what he thinks now. He still thinks he’s doing a great job and also mentions the fake news media reporting. He agrees with Trump about them not being responsible for the federal supply not being there and shouldn’t have to help states deal with the problems. (because most are privately own/run) He is also afraid of Trudeau and his communist rule and said if it gets bad enough, he will move to the states (sorry) Trudeau won’t answer questions and stumbles a lot with his press conferences words. I said Trump can’t form a bunch of words or put them into a coherent sentence. He said it’s because he isn’t a politician (but he has all the best words) and will win in November. Also said that the Canadian Military was warning the Cnd Gov in July 2019 of this disease coming and he/Trudeau did nothing. I should of asked how we knew about this (with a pretty poor relationship since arrested what’s her name of Huawei) not the US. Oh, and the cherry on top of it all. This pandemic is what the U.N. has been waiting for since forming to finally take over and run the world. 

I want back into my quarantine bunker home. 

• Shocked 2

20 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Just imagine, just imagine, if this was Alabama and the protesters were black men armed with guns, arguing for more aid for the poor during the pandemic.

The protesters in Ferguson threw rocks and held cardboard signs.