Ghost of Tsushima OT - Mud, Blood, and Steel, update: Rivals mode added to Legends

SaysWho?

18 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Sooo I’m confused. Do you just not know what the word arguably means?

I thought that I did, but I just looked up the definition and I was wrong. :p

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

In order for Phase to praise Witcher 3 it would have had to get 6 average review scores and Geralt would have to have been a sexy waifu.

Exactly. :lol:

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Been playing more on lethal mode and I feel it is a blast.  If your defense is on point it's almost too easy.  Still in act 1 so we'll see how it is once more armored enemies show up.

There are a few challenges I need to do to get Platinum, I got all collectibles.  I'll throw it on Lethal to try it out.  It sounds like if enemies die quicker, it won't up difficulty too much, unless the parrying and blocking window is really really shortened.

8 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

This game has the best use of HDR I’ve seen. The difference provided to lighting from the HDR contrast is insane. When I saw a non-HDR YouTube video between plays it was almost jarring.

I agree so hard. This game on an LG OLED with HDR leaves my jaw open the whole time.

7 hours ago, Brick said:

Ugh I came across assholes on Twitter that were complaining because of at least four women in the game that are fighters. Do they not realize that there were indeed women samurai, and that the naginata was designed for women to protect the homestead? Between this, and Abby in The Last of Us Part II, there sure are a lot of guys that are insecure about their masculinity. 

And if women samurai didn't exist, who cares? As @Emperor Diocletian II has made clear they're already taking massive poetic license over historical accuracy. The world is stylish and fun.

51 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm gonna have to try lethal mode. Is it one or two hit kills pretty much?

So far 1 hit Archer.  2 hit for normal bandit, 3 hit for brutes and lightly armored enemies.

I have 2 hp upgrades and 1st upgrade of samurai armor.  It seems it takes 1 unblockable attack and 1 normal attack now to die.  Before armor it was 2 normal attacks or 1 unblockable.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

So far 1 hit Archer.  2 hit for normal bandit, 3 hit for brutes and lightly armored enemies.

I have 2 hp upgrades and 1st upgrade of samurai armor.  It seems it takes 1 unblockable attack and 1 normal attack now to die.  Before armor it was 2 normal attacks or 1 unblockable.  

I'd probably die in one hit the way I play... I only use the Travelers armor or the Ronin Armor.

I really dig the armor I just retrieved yesterday.

Spoiler

Father's armor. This is going to help a ton with standoffs.

7 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I thought that I did, but I just looked up the definition and I was wrong. :p

Good form!

It's certainly not my favorite, but yes, people could make a compelling argument as to why it is the best. 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

From what I understand lethal mode actually makes the game easier because the enemies will die faster.

It's more "realistic" in the sense that it doesn't take much to kill someone. That applies to enemies, but it also applies to you. 

19 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It's more "realistic" in the sense that it doesn't take much to kill someone. That applies to enemies, but it also applies to you. 

That sounds awesome, the combat makes you feel super over powered on other settings.

13 hours ago, legend said:

I agree so hard. This game on an LG OLED with HDR leaves my jaw open the whole time.

I'm playing on my 65inch LG OLED C9 and sometimes I just stop and look around how stunning the visuals are. I'm leaning toward this game having the best visuals this gen.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I'm playing on my 65inch LG OLED C9 and sometimes I just stop and look around how stunning the visuals are. I'm leaning toward this game having the best visuals this gen.

It looks great, I agree. But it's a tough choice for me, it's art syle accounts for its beauty as much as the technical aspect to it (in good ways). Like, I would say in terms of in-game character animations and clipping and mo-cap, Death Stranding (modified Decimus engine), FF15 (Luminous engine), RE2Remake + RE3Remake (the RE engine), and The Last of Us Part II have it beat. But the art style and breadth of visual colors that pop overcome the slightly less technical visual marvel to make it all look really good overall. But in terms of pure visual engine that impresses me the most, Sucker Punch's engine is great (I see a lot of improvements on what Infamous: Second Son started) but not sure which engine is my favorite yet.

On 7/29/2020 at 10:29 AM, best3444 said:

sometimes I just stop and look around how stunning the visuals are. I'm leaning toward this game having the best visuals this gen.

I constantly stop and look around at how stunning the visuals are as well, it's such a pretty game. As beautiful and colorful as the visuals are during the day, it has some amazing lighting effects during the night. It has the best graphics that I've seen in an open world game, and some of the best that I've seen in a game in general.

On 7/29/2020 at 11:09 AM, Spork3245 said:

For environments Ghost of Tsushima is def my number 1 for graphics. Character models it’s easily FF7:R. Overall it might be The Last of Us 2.

I haven't played Final Fantasy VII Remake yet, but based on what games that I have played I would say that The Last of Us Part II has the best character models and animations that I've seen in a game.

On 7/29/2020 at 5:32 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've been playing a while, but I'm not even out of the first chapter. I just keep exploring the map, doing side quests. I'm definitely not rushing through this one.

I'm taking my time playing it as well doing just about everything that there is to do in it. I've been dumping hours upon hours into it. I made it to Act 2 somewhat recently, and it's packed with even more content than Act 1. It's been quite a bit more challenging as well. It's hard to put the controller down because there's so much to do in it, and it's just fun to play.

13 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So stupid the game doesn't keep track of time. I've been playing a while, but I'm not even out of the first chapter. I just keep exploring the map, doing side quests. I'm definitely not rushing through this one.

I'm on Act 2 but just focus on the main story. I think I'll do what you are doing and start tackling side missions. I don't want to rush through this either.

I gotta be honest, FF7R didn't impress me that much, and it was only the "plot characters" that got good models and mo-cap and animations. And I really liked the game, ending included! The backgrounds and environments were pretty average. I actually think Square's Luminous Engine for FF15 is way more impressive than FF7R's modified Unreal Engine 4. To be fair, I played FF15 in 4K on PC (the Royal edition) whereas I played FF7R on a PS4 Pro on a 1080p TV. But let's not forget, FF15 was also open-world and FF7R was primarily small towns/areas and corridors connected to boxed battle arenas. FF15 was also a full game with a wide range of environments, whereas FF7R was not. 

It'll be interesting to see how the PC version of FF7R ultimately turns out.

I really enjoyed my time with the game, but after closing Act 1 and then clearing the rest of the camps on the first island, I don't have much urge to continue.  This is usually what happens to me with open world games.  I may go back to it someday because I definitely enjoy the gameplay, but you start to see the seams very quickly and I started get burnt out.  The story is fine, but definitely not compelling enough on its own to drive me through.

This game is shockingly good. I’m seriously enjoying every second of it. Critics scores, while good, were underrating this game. The only minor complaint is sometimes the camera can be wonky. But not a huge deal. 

I’m on my first “boss” fight and getting my ass handed to be over and over. It won’t let me use any arrows or knives etc in the fight. So it’s all on skill and parry ability. Which I’m not the greatest at. But I’ll get him. The game taunts me with “try it on easy mode” after each death. But NEVER!!

• Haha 1