Ghost of Tsushima OT - Mud, Blood, and Steel, update: Rivals mode added to Legends

SaysWho?

10 hours ago, maddux4163 said:

Any tips for getting the charm lol 

I’m only a couple hours in. Heard about that charm online though. 

It’s near the bottom of the map 

I assume, hop a horse and ride eh? No quick ways to make it I guess  

9 hours ago, johnny said:

What charm? I want it. 

also damn y’all maxing your shit out I’m still in act 1 and nowhere close to being fully upgraded 

You get it at Arrow Peak Shrine: https://www.ign.com/wikis/ghost-of-tsushima/Arrow_Peak_Shrine

With all but a few materials, when you pick one up, you’ll get a second notification that has around the same amount. ie: if you get 10 supplies, the second notification would usually give 6-12 additional supplies.

Seems like in the reviews some people didn't really like the combat. Maybe it gets old once I've played a lot more, but I really enjoy it. And notably, I think this is the best open world combat I've played.

Is there another open world game that people think has significantly better combat?

5 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Does PS4 automatically upload Clips and Screenshots to the internet somewhere that I can access them? How do you get them to transferred without using USB?

Open the screenshot or video you took via the content viewer app in the PS4, open the screen/video, hit the share button on the controller, upload it to social media or share on your activity feed:

If you uploaded to social media, go there via smartphone or PC and save the file.

If you uploaded to your PSN activity feed, use the PS Smartphone App or a PC, select your account and go to your activities, you can save images/videos from there.

31 minutes ago, legend said:

Seems like in the reviews some people didn't really like the combat. Maybe it gets old once I've played a lot more, but I really enjoy it. And notably, I think this is the best open world combat I've played.

Is there another open world game that people think has significantly better combat?

I have to play much more of Tsushima, but I'd say Horizon Zero Dawn had excellent combat.

17 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

So apparently if you try to attack an area that says there are overwhelming forces, you literally can't proceed by it.  Kinda sucks, I wanted to try to take it on.

lol yah.  i visited azamo bay and got that message.  i was fighting everybody outside and when they finally died down i tried to sneak in and just got wrecked by arrows from nowhere.  

4 hours ago, legend said:

Better combat? I don't know... Arkham and Spider Man had great combat but the combat in this is amazing. I also always found the combat in Dragon's Dogma to be both amazing and VERY underrated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, legend said:

I still have to finish HZD. I got about 8 hours through and then stopped. I think its combat was competent, but I didn't like as much as Ghost's. I find Ghost's combat just very satisfying. Leaping off a horse at someone is awesome. Kicking someone way into the air is awesome. Sticky bombing them is awesome. Going flawless in a large encounter is awesome. etc.

I did think of an open world game that rivals and may edge it out for me though: Batman. Similarly, I found Batman's combat very satisfying.

I agree with you about Ghost's combat - very satisfying. I will say as someone who 100%'ed Horizon, the combat takes awhile to really open up, but once you have a number of weapons and types of ammo for those weapons, combat becomes very slick and satisfying and you feel very powerful though the combat never gets easy. But at first it's very simple. Honestly, same with Tsushima - as more and more opens up I find myself leaning more and more on ninja/ghost abilities, as it's just easier - once you can stealth kill 3 people at once and see via a flashing sign who else will see your triple stealth kill, it becomes my primary mode of combat (though if things go to shit or I get bored, I do go samurai).

Also stand offs are great because if you upgrade that enough you can kill three people in one go in a stand off. Between a triple stand off kill and a triple stealth kill I'm slowly finding myself in less and less drawn out battles.

7 hours ago, legend said:

Maybe the Arkham games had better, but I definitely do like this. That said, early on before you get your health and armor built up it's pretty rough on you so I could see why some maybe didn't like it due to that.

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I agree with you about Ghost's combat - very satisfying. I will say as someone who 100%'ed Horizon, the combat takes awhile to really open up, but once you have a number of weapons and types of ammo for those weapons, combat becomes very slick and satisfying and you feel very powerful though the combat never gets easy. But at first it's very simple.

YES, 100% this. It feels fucking amazing the more you play. I can't say it's better than this game because I'm getting my ass kicked on Hard and haven't gotten really good yet. But once I do, it'll be easier to tell.

It's honestly been nice to play this, or Horizon, or fuck, put Shadow of War as something that feels like Arkham but has those awesome sieges, as a nice upgrade in open world combat this gen.

I'm pretty sure I got that special archer armor way before I should have. At the last part, I had no Concentration, I had no ghost weapons, and I died a ton. I eventually won, but this was clearly something I should have done after upgrading my bow skills a little.

So once I earned a technique point, I put it right on concentration. Next one goes on the standoff that takes down two people, though.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I'm pretty sure I got that special archer armor way before I should have. At the last part, I had no Concentration, I had no ghost weapons, and I died a ton. I eventually won, but this was clearly something I should have done after upgrading my bow skills a little.

So once I earned a technique point, I put it right on concentration. Next one goes on the standoff that takes down two people, though.

I just did that part... it’s tough regardless.

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I just sworded most of them in my regular gear (I switched out as soon as you get control) because I knew my archery wasn't going to be up to snuff :p 

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

2 minutes ago, legend said:

I just sworded most of them in my regular gear (I switched out as soon as you get control) because I knew my archery wasn't going to be up to snuff :p 

I did archery for the first two guys who get there. Then I switched armors and prayed to God that I wasn't overwhelmed. I'm actually pretty good at parry (years of playing WCW Revenge and WWF Wrestlemania/No Mercy), but it was a large number of dudes, and you have to protect somebody so it was more than just dodging and fighting.

I am absolutely loving this game so far. 

Much more than TLOU2 (not saying it’s a bad game) 

But this is good old fashion fun. Slicing and dicing while running around on rooftops. Oh yea. 

I’m maybe 5+ hours in and had been getting my ass handed to me in combat. Until I learned to parry. It’s less forgiving. You’ve got to be spot on. 

I still get the occasional ass whipping. But it’s easier now that I can roll and parry. 

I absolutely messed up and didn’t talk to the merchant in the start. Hence no travelers armor. So, tonight I’ll nip back to get it. Then off to gather a couple charms. After that.... I’ll get up with ishikawa and see his Tale. 

12 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I did archery for the first two guys who get there. Then I switched armors and prayed to God that I wasn't overwhelmed. I'm actually pretty good at parry (years of playing WCW Revenge and WWF Wrestlemania/No Mercy), but it was a large number of dudes, and you have to protect somebody so it was more than just dodging and fighting.

Yeah the protecting part definitely made it trickier and I fucked up my first try because I didn't realize that was a thing until they killed him :p but then I somehow managed it okay on my second try. 

I'm also playing on normal though, like a scrub.

10 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Another side note, this game has amazing loading times.  Loading in from main menu, takes like 8 seconds.  Really impressive compared to some open world games.

Yes they had to slow down the load times because people didn't have time to read the tips on the load screens.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yes they had to slow down the load times because people didn't have time to read the tips on the load screens.

10+ years of PC gaming, finally catching up to the pain of fast loads. STOP PUTTING CRITICAL INFO IN GODDAMN LOADING SCREENS.

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

What did everyone name their horse? I went with Kage

Same. Just flowed the best. Plus I'm darkening my soul with ninja abilities to win this war, so Kage (Shadow) seemed more appropriate.

37 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

10+ years of PC gaming, finally catching up to the pain of fast loads. STOP PUTTING CRITICAL INFO IN GODDAMN LOADING SCREENS.

So very true, I cannot agree with this enough.

5 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Another side note, this game has amazing loading times.  Loading in from main menu, takes like 8 seconds.  Really impressive compared to some open world games.

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I fast traveled once and barely had time to read the hint/tip. Load times are CRAZY fast in this game.

21 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

YES, 100% this. It feels fucking amazing the more you play. I can't say it's better than this game because I'm getting my ass kicked on Hard and haven't gotten really good yet. But once I do, it'll be easier to tell.

It's honestly been nice to play this, or Horizon, or fuck, put Shadow of War as something that feels like Arkham but has those awesome sieges, as a nice upgrade in open world combat this gen.

I can't BELIEVE I forgot about Shadow of War... The combat in that game is amazing as well.

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

What did everyone name their horse? I went with Kage

So did I... goes with the theme.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Is there an actual morality system to this game? Multiple endings? Like, does going against the Samurai Code and doing stealth kills actually affect anything? Just curious 

I don't know the details myself because I don't want to spoil anything for myself either, but there are only two endings, a good ending and a bad ending, all determined by one important choice made late in the game. 

So to answer your question, yes, there are multiple endings, but no, being more ninja than samurai will not affect it as I understand it. It's a fair question given the Infamous trilogy did employ a rudimentary morality system.

9 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Omg logged on to post that very thing. STUPIDLY fast load times. Guess this is what I've missed out on being a console peasant potato farmer.