Ghost of Tsushima OT - Mud, Blood, and Steel, update: Rivals mode added to Legends

SaysWho?

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Is there an actual morality system to this game? Multiple endings? Like, does going against the Samurai Code and doing stealth kills actually affect anything? Just curious 

I've read that going stealth affects weather. More stealth means more rainy weather and storms but don't quote me on that 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eventide11 said:

I've read that going stealth affects weather. More stealth means more rainy weather and storms but don't quote me on that 

Having done a lot of stealth, I will say I have seen more and more rainy weather and storms and was wondering what was up . . . If this is true that's cool as shit.

Okay, see, I like this kind of stuff:

A golden bird leads me to this building. I go around, I climb a ladder, and on both floors, I just see some linen and a couple supplies. After going around a lap, I thought, "Huh, well... I guess it's something." Then I see something flash down below, and in a crawl space are a ton of supplies. I go outside, find a place to crawl under, and grab all of them.

See, even having been led there, there's still a moment of discovery when you realize what the bird was really doing. Good shit. 

1 hour ago, eventide11 said:

16 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Having done a lot of stealth, I will say I have seen more and more rainy weather and storms and was wondering what was up . . . If this is true that's cool as shit.

It's a rather clever feature. Jin is an unrelenting force of nature in Ghost of Tsushima, abandoning his identity to embrace the symbolic power of the Ghost in order to defeat the Mongols via means that lack honor. At the start of the game, you'll likely defeat most enemies with the tools of the samurai as they'll be all you have access to. But as encounters increase in difficulty and you unlock new Ghost skills, the game naturally encourages you to adopt a more stealth-focused approach.

As you stop using the skills of the samurai and begin relying on those of the Ghost, the in-game world will change to match your playstyle--transforming the gentle breezes that the enemy Mongols first encounter upon invading the island into a constant bombardment of terrifying winds, booming thunder, and flashes of lightning. Because it will be storming more often, areas will naturally be darker too, which further sells the idea of Jin dishonorably engaging his opponents when they can't see him.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/going-stealth-in-ghost-of-tsushima-will-affect-the/1100-6479889/

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

It's a rather clever feature. Jin is an unrelenting force of nature in Ghost of Tsushima, abandoning his identity to embrace the symbolic power of the Ghost in order to defeat the Mongols via means that lack honor. At the start of the game, you'll likely defeat most enemies with the tools of the samurai as they'll be all you have access to. But as encounters increase in difficulty and you unlock new Ghost skills, the game naturally encourages you to adopt a more stealth-focused approach.

As you stop using the skills of the samurai and begin relying on those of the Ghost, the in-game world will change to match your playstyle--transforming the gentle breezes that the enemy Mongols first encounter upon invading the island into a constant bombardment of terrifying winds, booming thunder, and flashes of lightning. Because it will be storming more often, areas will naturally be darker too, which further sells the idea of Jin dishonorably engaging his opponents when they can't see him.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/going-stealth-in-ghost-of-tsushima-will-affect-the/1100-6479889/

That's pretty cool. I have been bombarding enemy encampments usually in stormy rain and knowing this makes it cooler.

3 hours ago, eventide11 said:

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

You can play the flute to bring out the sun though.

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This game is like the Japanese Assassin's Creed game everyone wanted but Ubisoft refused to make and also probably better than they could have made it as well.

It's the Samurai/Ninja game I've always wanted but never imagined. Now if someone could make a Wuxia game like this I can die a happy man.

4 hours ago, SimpleG said:

It also makes the fictional Jin become the embodiment of the real-life Kamikaze (Divine Wind) that actually stopped the Mongol invasion of Japan.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This game is like the Japanese Assassin's Creed game everyone wanted but Ubisoft refused to make

It feels more like The Witcher III than Assassin's Creed to me, and I'm liking it more than The Witcher III. I like the feudal Japan/samurai setting and theme more than the somewhat overused medieval fantasy one, and the core gameplay and combat are a lot better IMO.

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's the Samurai/Ninja game I've always wanted but never imagined.

Same here. It has exceeded my expectations which games rarely ever do. The story, characters, graphics, music/sound/voice acting, gameplay/combat, etc. are all topnotch. The art design and graphics are some of the best that I've seen in a game, and the audio is equally impressive. The core gameplay and combat are some of the best that I've experienced in a game. The mix of sword/ranged combat and stealth adds good variety to the gameplay, and the combat in general is fun, visceral and satisfying. It's like a deeper more modern version of a hack-and-slash game put into an open world. I really have no complaints with it at this point, everything about it is impressive.

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

So, is everyone petting the foxes or are you all horrible monsters?

I pet the fuck out of them. However, I noticed that sometimes I can't find them afterward; they only pop up sometimes for me.

At the beginning of the game, I thought you were supposed to hunt them. I saw one sitting around at the beginning and I started crawling toward it hoping not to startle it. And of course it moved, but I didn't realize it was trying to help me. I went back there yesterday and followed it to awesomeness. :lol: 

11 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

10 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

10 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I, for one, am TOTALLY SHOCKED that game critics in an ultra-nationalist society like Japan would praise a highly romanticized yet completely mythical depiction of "samurai/bushido culture".

TOTALLY.  SHOCKED. :p

Welp, since we're on this discussion!

Translation: "Ghost of Tsushima" has been well received than expected, and some stores are out of stock. Currently, we are rushing to carry out additional production, but the download version is also available on the PS Store."

• Thanks 1