~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

So what happens if SCOTUS rules that Congress doesn't have the power to compel testimony/documents from executive branch within an impeachment investigation?

If SCOTUS says Congress does have the ability, and Trump simply refuses anyway, what can anyone do? 

First one is unlikely, even with this court. I would be more concerned about the timeline and how Trump could run out the clock.

Second one takes us back to a genuine Constitutional crisis. It would be a moment of reckoning for Congressional Republicans. With the way numbers have already been moving in a good way since the inquiry started I think that is a good sign for how the numbers might move more if Trump flat out refused a SCOTUS order. Numbers move, and the Republicans might, as well. 

Sorry if I sounded optimistic there for a second, I still think it's a long shot.

2 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

I really don't see even this SCOTUS siding with tyrannatang. They might be hacksbut they're ideological hacks not partisan hacks. Well, one partisan hack; but that's not enough.

Yeah I can see 5-4 against Trump, Roberts joining with the liberals. But I can also see them getting real horny for the unitary executive

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yeah I can see 5-4 against Trump, Roberts joining with the liberals. But I can also see them getting real horny for the unitary executive

I've seen some speculation it'd be 6-3, with Gorsuch in the 6.

32 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I would be more concerned about the timeline and how Trump could run out the clock.

I feel this is the WH/Republican plan. Get his term over and throw him in the closet with the rest of the skeletons and act like he was never there. 

57 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

So what happens if SCOTUS rules that Congress doesn't have the power to compel testimony/documents from executive branch within an impeachment investigation?

If SCOTUS says Congress does have the ability, and Trump simply refuses anyway, what can anyone do? 

Checks and balances as intended by the Framers.

Legislative checks the Executive.

Executive checks the Legislative.

Judicial checks the Executive and Legislative.

????? checks the Judicial.

Profit.

1 minute ago, osxmatt said:

Checks and balances as intended by the Framers.

Legislative checks the Executive.

Executive checks the Legislative.

Judicial checks the Executive and Legislative.

????? checks the Judicial.

Profit.

Executive can't be checked by the legislative, silly

55 minutes ago, Jason said:

Which is why it's dumb to want Twitter to ban him. 

Honestly, I think it would be hilarious to see Trump jump to one of those shitty white supremacist social media apps that Milo Yappapiestrapmatchbrother is begging for food on.