~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

10 minutes ago, Brick said:

Incorrect. If you are directly quoting someone, and their sentence ends then yes you use a period in the quotation marks, but if you are just quiting a random thing, and then continuing your sentence afterwards, then you do not put the period in the quotation marks. So me doing something like "this" would be "correct". 

Brah, look at the guys who used quotes before me. The sentence ended. Of course you wouldn't put a period in a sentence before it ended.

The fudge, man?

8 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/for-house-democrats-impeachment-probe-widens-the-divide-they-hoped-to-bridge/2019/10/05/3be23cc2-e6b1-11e9-a331-2df12d56a80b_story.html

Instead, echoing recent polling, the move toward impeachment appears only to have widened the existing partisan divide — and plunged the Democrats who ran on rising above it straight into the split.

As if the width before made any difference. 

that's what "she said".

So, key question:  if the second whistleblower does nothing but confirm what happened in the ‘reconstructed transcript’, and no new info about further transgressions comes out—I.e., if what we have now is all there is—do the Dems in the house vote to impeach Trump?

Obviously what’s been uncovered so far won’t get Trump convicted in the Senate.  Trump’s behavior on the Ukraine call has been sufficiently rationalized by the usual suspects such that Senate Republicans have more to lose by voting to convict him than voting to essentially dismiss the charges.

But that still leaves us with the question of what the Dems will do.

Geezus Krist.

How has not ONE reporter asked Trump if that this was truly about uncovering corruption, why didn’t he go to Ukraine about this like, oh I don’t know, right when he got elected rather than when it’s coming towards re-election season and Joe Biden is the front runner?

27 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Geezus Krist.

How has not ONE reporter asked Trump if that this was truly about uncovering corruption, why didn’t he go to Ukraine about this like, oh I don’t know, right when he got elected rather than when it’s coming towards re-election season and Joe Biden is the front runner?

Sorry, that sounds way too confrontational.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

Good points from Matt Taibbi. 

He would be if the whistleblower here wasn't in witness protection because Trump has been telling his followers that the whistleblower deserves to die. Also, Trump would totally throw that person in jail if he knew their identity.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He would be if the whistleblower here wasn't in witness protection because Trump has been telling his followers that the whistleblower deserves to die. Also, Trump would totally throw that person in jail if he knew their identity.

Yeah I don't know wtf Taibbi is saying here at all.

My acquaintance with whom I worked in retail before my current career posted this:

Their plan is to take out President Trump and Mike Pence, which would put Nancy Pelosi in as President; Nancy will take Hillary as her VP, then Nancy will suddenly commit suicide, and Hillary will be your President.

She wasn't making a joke.

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha 1