~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Joking aside, isn't this the kind of corruption Trump is supposedly concerned about?

He's framing the Ukraine thing as being about corruption because the law says the executive branch can withhold military aid if a country is corrupt and not doing enough about it. 

Last night, when Rudy Giuliani told me he couldn’t get together for an interview, his reason made sense: As with many nights of late, he was due to appear on Hannity. When I suggested this evening instead, his response was a bit more curious. We would have to aim for lunch, Giuliani told me, because he was planning to fly to Vienna, Austria, at night. He didn’t offer any details beyond that.

Giuliani called me at 6:22 p.m. last night—around the same time that two of his associates, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, were arrested at Dulles Airport while waiting to board an international flight with one-way tickets. As The Wall Street Journal reported this afternoon, the two men were bound for Vienna. The Florida businessmen, who are reported to have assisted Giuliani in his alleged efforts to investigate Joe Biden and his family ahead of the 2020 election, were charged with campaign-finance violations, with prosecutors alleging that they had conspired to funnel money from a Russian donor into Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.

But Giuliani, when confirming today that Parnas and Fruman were heading to Vienna on matters “related to their business,” told the Journal that he himself only had plans to meet with them when they returned to Washington. By this logic, Giuliani was also planning to fly to Vienna within roughly 24 hours of his business associates, but do no business with them while all three were there.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/10/rudy-giuliani-vienna/599833/

:feelsgood:

22 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Haha wow

Yes they were trying to get some of that sweet executive privilege.

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Giuliani is going to squeal on Trump.  I guarantee it. 

Oh Rudy kept receipts for sure. You saw how quick he was to bring Volker and the State Department when things started turning towards him. Looks like Rudy is gonna need whatever insurance he has too...

Looks like Rudy's ride on the Trump train is coming to an end. Now he's getting a first class seat on the Trump bus... or under it.

According to the indictment, Parnas and Fruman made contributions to political action committees and to an unnamed “Congressman-1” in order to enhance their political influence. The document says that after making the maximum allowable contribution to Congressman-1, Fruman donated again to the congressman, but illegally made the gift under Parnas’s name.

The congressman appears to be former Texas Republican Rep. Pete Sessions, who, according to campaign finance disclosures, received maximum donations from Parnas and Fruman last June.

In May 2018, Sessions wrote a letter to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo raising concerns about Yovanovitch. Sessions, who lost reelection by 7 points last year to Democrat Colin Allred, would not confirm in a statement Thursday evening that he was the lawmaker in question.

But, he added, “I will vigorously defend myself against any allegations of wrongdoing.” He noted that the indictment alleges Parnas and Fruman “concealed the scheme from the candidates, campaigns and federal regulators.”

He also denied taking any action after taking a meeting from Parnas and Fruman, where he said the group discussed Ukrainian energy independence.

As for the letter to Pompeo about Yovanavitch, Sessions said, “my entire motivation for sending the letter was that I believe that political appointees should not be disparaging the president, especially while serving overseas.”

The former lawmaker is running again for Congress in 2020 to replace Republican Rep. Bill Flores, who represents a heavily red district.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/10/rudy-giuliani-ukraine-associates-indicted-043873

Please recall who Rep. Pete Sessions was: 

Washington’s Most Powerful Anti-Pot Official Is Named Sessions. It’s Not Who You Think.Rep. Pete Sessions has quietly used his chairmanship of the House Rules Committee to stifle popular amendments that would protect legal marijuana.

dean winchester yes GIF