~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

If I watched a movie on these events five years ago, I would have criticized it as being overly contrived, because no one this stupid could get to such a high-level of power and maintain it this long in spite of it all.

I welcome myself to the real world.

• Haha 3

Just now, legend said:

If I watched a movie on these events five years ago, I would have criticized it as being overly contrived, because no one this stupid could get to such a high-level of power and maintain in spite of it all.

I welcome myself to the real world.

A movie about these events would have never been made... the script would have been dismissed as being unbelievable and too far fetched.

3 minutes ago, 69los said:

And here I was loving the irony that a McMahon, of all people, would have come out of this administration cleaner than anyone else.

Considering WWE’s blood money relationship with Saudi Arabia, I’m hoping this somehow trickles over to Vince and company.

7 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yeah, but one half of the news media is feeding them the idea that Trump didn't do that--that he was just asking Zelensky to investigate corruption in Ukraine, and Biden happened to be part of that corruption.

People who generally support Trump might be approaching the poll from a "Well, yeah, sure I'd be against what the poll's talking about, but Trump didn't do that, so..."

There's a whole lot of rationalization going on; conservative and liberal news outlets are literally reporting completely different hings.  I expect support for impeachment to split along the usual partisan the lines at the end of the day, barring an (IMO) improbable 'slam-dunk' piece of incriminating evidence turning up. (i.e., something like Trump on record going "We need to sabotage Joe Biden; it's time to twist the Ukrainians' arms.  Call Zelensky, we'll make it look discrete and innocent.")